Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #781
infinite_virtue
Generation 1
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Just got an order confirmation for acid storm. Even though I ordered him with soundwave for free shipping it seems like he'll be in stock first and shipped alone. So much for free shipping. Haha.
infinite_virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #782
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_virtue View Post
Just got an order confirmation for acid storm. Even though I ordered him with soundwave for free shipping it seems like he'll be in stock first and shipped alone. So much for free shipping. Haha.
I just got the confirmation as well.

I didn't get charged shipping even though the Soundwave and Acidstorm order was together but are being shipped separately (assuming I'll even have Soundwave sent).

You should look at your total carefully though. I got charged HST for the TOTAL order as oppose to just Acid Storm alone.

I'm not going to touch things until they send Acid Storm and then call them back to get a Refund on the HST overcharge.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #783
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Me too!

How the hell is TRU charging me GST 7 PST for my whole order with SW now when they are only shipping AS?

Order Summary:

Item: 15476568
Description: TRANSFORMERS - Masterpiece Acid Storm Figure - English Edition
Quantity: 1 @ $52.47
Shipping Method: Standard Ground

Sub-Total: $52.47
----------------------------------------------------
Goods and Services Tax (GST): $7.12
Provincial Sales Tax (PST): $9.97

Order Total: $69.56

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 09-14-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #784
infinite_virtue
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
I just got the confirmation as well.

I didn't get charged shipping even though the Soundwave and Acidstorm order was together but are being shipped separately (assuming I'll even have Soundwave sent).

You should look at your total carefully though. I got charged HST for the TOTAL order as oppose to just Acid Storm alone.

I'm not going to touch things until they send Acid Storm and then call them back to get a Refund on the HST overcharge.
Ah, yes it was not shipping was added but GST for the whole order as well. I wonder why that is...will they not charge GST when they ship out soundwave? Hmm...weird.
infinite_virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #785
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Me too!

How the hell is TRU charging me GST 7 PST for my whole order with SW now when they are only shipping AS?

Order Summary:

Item: 15476568
Description: TRANSFORMERS - Masterpiece Acid Storm Figure - English Edition
Quantity: 1 @ $52.47
Shipping Method: Standard Ground

Sub-Total: $52.47
Goods and Services Tax (GST): $7.12
Provincial Sales Tax (PST): $9.97

Order Total: $69.56

I have 2 orders, first order is 1 SW + 1 Acid Storm. 2nd Order is 1 SW + 2 Acid Storm.
See what I was charged:
first order:
Description: TRANSFORMERS - Masterpiece Acid Storm Figure - English Edition Quantity: 1 @ $52.47 Shipping Method: Standard Ground
Sub-Total: $52.47 ----------------------------------------------------
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST): $ 18.52 ----------------------------------------------------
Order Total: $70.99 ----------------------------------------------------

2nd order:
Description: TRANSFORMERS - Masterpiece Acid Storm Figure - English Edition Quantity: 2 @ $52.47 Shipping Method: Standard Ground
Sub-Total: $104.94 ----------------------------------------------------
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST): $ 25.34 ----------------------------------------------------
Order Total: $130.28 ----------------------------------------------------

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 AM   #786
Ozrein
Stunticon

I only assume they have enough Soundwaves on order to fulfill the orders they are charging all taxes on. If not they will have to refund the tax portion for Soundwave if they find they end up with insufficient stock.

btw, I also got an email confirming Acid Storm at the sale price and was charged full taxes but no SW. I remember they did this with a couple orders I had for FE Prime stuff when it came out and in the end, I received everything I ordered.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #787
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
I just got that one this morning as well, not too mention they seem to be charging the HST on the entire order for Acid Storm.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #788
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

They are not, I called.them arguing about wht rights you to charge taxes in advance of item not sold? The rep told me thwy are not they only charge the tax on the purchase item. The system just displays it that way and she was right. My statememt only showed tax for the item delivered.
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #789
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
They are not, I called.them arguing about wht rights you to charge taxes in advance of item not sold? The rep told me thwy are not they only charge the tax on the purchase item. The system just displays it that way and she was right. My statememt only showed tax for the item delivered.

That's good. I logged in to check and see what my listing showed. And Sound Wave is still the 'Get Date' listing. I'm also showing a shipping charge

Guess I'll have to wait and see what the paper work says when Acid Storm arrives to be sure.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #790
Radiation74
Generation 1

Well, it was acid storm that I really wanted anyway. So I guess im getting him for sure. I ordered one set at regular, and then one set at sale price. I kinda wanted the Hasbro SW though.
Radiation74 is offline   Reply With Quote