Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
mikedaddyco
Generation 1
Transformers Prime: New Toys vs New Characters in Show

Why do they keep releasing new toys (ie Kup, Hotshot, Rumble, swerve etc.) while they are not even introduced in the show yet. Will they even make it into the show since some are just repaints?

And then they introduce Smokescreen into the show without having a toy ready to even sell.............

What gives?
mikedaddyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
vohkuhl
Cybertron
Re: Transformers Prime: New Toys vs New Characters in Show

Just have to wait and see how the story unfolds...
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

It is a little weird that they haven't really well tied the toys & shows together for the last two animated series. I assume because of the movie focus. But you know it used to be way more like, new shows, tons of new toys, often out BEFORE the show was. Beast Wars were out for probably a good year before there was a show. My memory's a bit fuzzy but I remember seeing them on the shelf, thinking they were dumb, then being blown away by the show so I had to buy them all.

Oh Animated, it would have been nice if you'd had toys to go with your launch... and ever made Constructicons...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
mikedaddyco
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ro View Post
It is a little weird that they haven't really well tied the toys & shows together for the last two animated series. I assume because of the movie focus. But you know it used to be way more like, new shows, tons of new toys, often out BEFORE the show was. Beast Wars were out for probably a good year before there was a show. My memory's a bit fuzzy but I remember seeing them on the shelf, thinking they were dumb, then being blown away by the show so I had to buy them all.

Oh Animated, it would have been nice if you'd had toys to go with your launch... and ever made Constructicons...
I agree. And I think they did a pretty good job last year. They released most of the characters in either 1st edition or RID variant.

It's just this season that the toyline and the show have not been in sync. You would think that they would have released smokescreen before he actually appeared in the show.
mikedaddyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedaddyco View Post
Why do they keep releasing new toys (ie Kup, Hotshot, Rumble, swerve etc.) while they are not even introduced in the show yet. Will they even make it into the show since some are just repaints?

And then they introduce Smokescreen into the show without having a toy ready to even sell.............

What gives?
I couldn't say that they "keep releasing" and prime toys in Canada. We're stuck on wave 1 right? (grumble...)

Sorry, off topic?
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I couldn't say that they "keep releasing" and prime toys in Canada. We're stuck on wave 1 right? (grumble...)

Sorry, off topic?
Sorry, I thought the show was about Bumblebee and his clones, the Bumblebots and they were TOTALLY CURRENT. That's why we have so many Bees on the pegs, right? ...right?

Though it would be an interesting plot twist for a legion of Bee clones. Hasbro can claim they planned it that way! ARMY BUILDERS!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm surprised by a few moves with Hasbro. One being that it took essentially 2 seasons to get the First Edition toys.
Second, that We got the small POS Air Arachnid while Breakdown was cancelled.
Third, on that note, retailers didn't get her nor Knockout, the local comic shops did.
Now, not sure I can blame Hasbro for the Bee infestation or not, but retailers haven't really gotten anything new on a steady stream up until late August. Hell, where are the rest of the smaller scale Avengers Figures like movie accurate Hawkeye and Scarjo's Black Widow? Or what about the new SW figs seen at SDCC? Where's our Kre-on single packs? Where's all the new shit?
Certainly can't be all Hasbro's fault, but things this summer have come out sloooooooooooooooooooowwwww!!!
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
... retailers haven't really gotten anything new on a steady stream up until late August. Hell, where are the rest of the smaller scale Avengers Figures like movie accurate Hawkeye and Scarjo's Black Widow? Or what about the new SW figs seen at SDCC? Where's our Kre-on single packs? Where's all the new shit?
Certainly can't be all Hasbro's fault, but things this summer have come out sloooooooooooooooooooowwwww!!!
I was expecting toy resets and restocks by now - usually they are all done by mid-to-late August, but so far nothing. I used to blame Hasbro completely, but from what I have read and heard from others who are more "in the know" it sounds like this time around it is mainly the retailers to blame. They over-ordered everything way back and now can't get stuff out the door fast enough. Morons.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Takara's got an Arms Micron Smokescreen in the making... he's a repaint of Knockout.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #10
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

Yeah, I think First Edition is the culprit, here. Hasbro essentially had to release the same figures twice, & now we're a few waves behind on toys compared with the show (let alone retailers keeping up). It's just a bit of a mess, really.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote