Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #41
NeoMatter
Generation 1
Re: ebgames preorder for the new masterpiece Optimus prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Anime Export is $318 USD, not sure if this is the cheapest?
AE has it listed for 35000 yen. AJ right now is at 33581 yen. This is before shipping and fees calculated.

In all honesty, I'd go with AJ with their PO price guarantee. They will give it to you at the lowest price point it was listed at during the PO. And on the very rare occasion may refund any overage import fees they may have charged. Happened to me twice. Not much... just a few cents. Lol
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #42
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatter View Post
AE has it listed for 35000 yen. AJ right now is at 33581 yen. This is before shipping and fees calculated.

In all honesty, I'd go with AJ with their PO price guarantee. They will give it to you at the lowest price point it was listed at during the PO. And on the very rare occasion may refund any overage import fees they may have charged. Happened to me twice. Not much... just a few cents. Lol
If you contact them about the import fees after you receive your order, they will refund you the fees.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 AM   #43
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
If you contact them about the import fees after you receive your order, they will refund you the fees.
What I meant is they sometimes partially refund you the import fees if they calculated wrong and ended up overcharging you when shipped.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #44
joshimus
Metroplex

I wonder if you can preorder Prime in stores and pay as you go like you can do for games? I may check that out. He's pricey but if you put money towards him monthly he's still pricey...but not all in one shot.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #45
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I wonder if you can preorder Prime in stores and pay as you go like you can do for games? I may check that out. He's pricey but if you put money towards him monthly he's still pricey...but not all in one shot.
Why would anyone opt for a more expensive route? The same thing is only ~$450 all in from Amazon Japan (and similar cost from other Japanese online e-trailers). there is a whooping $200+ (A little bit less in Alberta) difference between sourcing it from Japan than from local ($599.99 PLUS sales tax... don't forget the tax). You can simply save up on your own. There is an almost 9 months gap for you. If you can't really save $60/mth you should straighten out your priorities. If you don't want it by the time then money saved. Viola! You have money for other stuffs!

(Even if the Internet rumour were true there will be Peter Cullen's voice for the N America release does it worth that much extra dough?)

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #46
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Why would anyone opt for a more expensive route? The same thing is only ~$450 all in from Amazon Japan (and similar cost from other Japanese online e-trailers). there is a whooping $200+ (A little bit less in Alberta) difference between sourcing it from Japan than from local ($599.99 PLUS sales tax... don't forget the tax). You can simply save up on your own. There is an almost 9 months gap for you. If you can't really save $60/mth you should straighten out your priorities. If you don't want it by the time then money saved. Viola! You have money for other stuffs!
)
I have other obligations that a payment plan would certainly be of use to me.
BBTS is 450USD, tack on 40USD freight and likely a hefty AF customs charge and well over 600.00 so bleep them.

HLJ may be an alternative to being cheaper than EB Games at 494.00 Cad and again likely 40.00 freight and possibly hit by customs. So getting close to 600.00, still cheaper.
I DO NOT support any part of Amazon. I have a boycott with them so absolutely NO from Amazon JP and .ca. (or com or any Amazon)

So for me, either HLJ or pay a bit more and take my time with EB Games.

It all depends on how you look at it. I don't deal with many online sites and I also have games I can trade in to EB to save money.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #47
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
BBTS is 450USD, tack on 40USD freight and likely a hefty AF customs charge and well over 600.00 so bleep them.

HLJ may be an alternative to being cheaper than EB Games at 494.00 Cad and again likely 40.00 freight and possibly hit by customs. So getting close to 600.00, still cheaper.
I DO NOT support any part of Amazon. I have a boycott with them so absolutely NO from Amazon JP and .ca. (or com or any Amazon)

It all depends on how you look at it. I don't deal with many online sites and I also have games I can trade in to EB to save money.
You guys should really be weary of EB Games. Preorders have been spotty with them as of late (they get some stuff on time and other preorders are 1-2 months late). I actually have some preorders from them that I still haven't received (their release dates were end of October/early November). I wouldn't trust them with such an expensive item.

Why are boycotting Amazon (just curious)?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #48
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:

AmiAmi has it for ¥38000 something so it is about $450 to $460 Cdn. Shipping is probably around $45 or so. If you use EMS or SAL you may or may not get the HST + $10 bill from CBSA. That’s around $565 Cdn. w/ sales tax and shipping. You will still be ahead ~$113 if you live in Ontario and more in Alberta.

I wouldn’t go with BBTS or TFSource in this case as a Canadian. I supposed for people living down South with their flat rate shipping that may be ok for some but still it is only ~$313US from Amazon Japan for our American friends so screw them!

I don’t know why you hold a grudge with Amazon (labour related issue?) but it is the way to go for now.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-15-2018 at 01:36 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:52 AM   #49
79transam
Machine War

Oof that's a hefty price tag. I wonder if there's a non trailer issue planned for down the line with a more affordable pricepoint.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #50
Pascal
Banned

Right now, the Amazon Japan option converts to 498 cad shipped and places like BBTS are 636 cad shipped (using the cheapest shipping option EXCLUDING customs)... EB Games in Quebec would be 689 cad... OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!

Last edited by Pascal; 08-11-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote