Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-24-2017, 11:09 PM   #21
Pascal
Banned
Re: A look at MP - Apeface KFC Kingorilla & Kongor

Funny, I got Transistor and the blue repaint, they were mighty fine. Actually, except for the tape included with Transistor, better executed than Soundwave imo. Soundwave's design is just incredibly lazy for what it could/should have been.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #22
Slayback
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
That's equivalent to calling my car a Ford when it's a Dodge. If something is labelled as Masterpiece, it's a registered brand which means:
- it is licensed
- it is from Takara / Hasbro
- it is from the same line as all previous Masterpiece figures

It's incredibly frustrating when I see something labelled as this brand and then later realize the difference. Then I have to go back and read all of the posts again with the new knowledge.

A better example would be if I referred to one of the new Robots In Disguise figures as a Titans Return figure. Titans Return is a specific branded line to which that figure does not belong.
Quote:
It's fine, no big deal.
I got one KFC figure, Transistor. After transforming that figure once I'll never get another, very poor quality.

KFC Transistor was pretty much their first attempts at a MAsterpiece scaled figure. I think Apollyon was next. The only issue that i found with Transistor - and it was a non-issue was the metallic paint. Since then KFC products have grown by leaps and bounds. Sure -some of their items have overthought ways of transformation - but their overall aesthetic is imho top notch. eg - The Junkions - which to date no one else has made. Solid, well built and priced cheaper than most of your retail Takaratomy MP scaled figures.

If you're only going to base your judgement on the 1 offering that was one of their initial attempts at the MP-scaled, then you're being pretty closed minded - no offense. if you're trying out all the figures before hand and don't like them - i can understand. .. it's kind like telling your spouse who tried to make lasagna for the first time, and saying - Hey.. that didn't turn out. Please never make that again cus i don't think you'll ever be able to improve.

And No - i'm not trying to convert you - what's in your collection is in your collection.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 05-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #23
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
KFC Transistor was pretty much their first attempts at a MAsterpiece scaled figure. I think Apollyon was next. The only issue that i found with Transistor - and it was a non-issue was the metallic paint. Since then KFC products have grown by leaps and bounds. Sure -some of their items have overthought ways of transformation - but their overall aesthetic is imho top notch. eg - The Junkions - which to date no one else has made. Solid, well built and priced cheaper than most of your retail Takaratomy MP scaled figures.

If you're only going to base your judgement on the 1 offering that was one of their initial attempts at the MP-scaled, then you're being pretty close minded - no offense. if you're trying out all the figures before hand and don't like them - i can understand. .. it's kind like telling your spouse who tried to make lasagna for the first time, and saying - Hey.. that didn't turn out. Please never make that again cus i don't think you'll ever be able to improve.

And No - i'm not trying to convert you - what's in your collection is in your collection.
I said quality, not aesthetic, the actual quality of the toy is piss poor. The paint scratches off if you touch it, the plastic is thin and brittle, the transformation isn't fun. It's just a poor quality toy, no matter how good it looks on the shelf, I'm afraid these 2 are going to be more of the same. Especially with FansProject releasing the same figures in their Function X line.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #24
Slayback
Animated

You're also looking at a figure that came out in 2014.
( I mean aside from paint scratching off if you touch it - which is an exaggeration) the plastic on other figures is not thin and brittle. You're going to base the rest of the line of figures on the 1 initial figure? I mean take away that it's KFC/ Xtransbot.

Let's say it was FT - you wouldn't buy any other FT figure because of one figure? How about your example then - Fansproject. You might be willing to buy the Apeface from FP? Their 1st figure which was 'Defender' was totally fraught with issues. So why are you willing to buy the apeface if their Defender was poor quality?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
You're also looking at a figure that came out in 2014.
( I mean aside from paint scratching off if you touch it - which is an exaggeration) the plastic on other figures is not thin and brittle. You're going to base the rest of the line of figures on the 1 initial figure? I mean take away that it's KFC/ Xtransbot.

Let's say it was FT - you wouldn't buy any other FT figure because of one figure? How about your example then - Fansproject. You might be willing to buy the Apeface from FP? Their 1st figure which was 'Defender' was totally fraught with issues. So why are you willing to buy the apeface if their Defender was poor quality?

You make a very logical argument. Is it possible they're using a different plastic mix and moulding process than previously? I watch every Peaugh review and it seems like all of the Toyworld / Xtransbots / KFC / DX9 releases are junk. I would change my mind if I saw a review and it appeared to be better quality than another reputable line.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #26
Slayback
Animated

Nothing against Peaugh or any other reviewer -but the best reviewer is obviously going to be yourself because you're going to like what you're going to like right? My suggestion is next time there's a toy show - in Calgary hit it up. If A3U is there- check with him to see if he's got anything there that maybe he can show you -and then you by all means say 'this is a piece of shit.'
DX9 is not KFC btw.. DX9 is Unique Toys. Different companies and DX9 stuff - their plastic -especially with their legends sized figures are soft plastic. Plastic is definitely different quality than IronFactory. The DX9 Galvatron wasn't very appealing and their Hanzo imho had some weak modes, as well as poor joints.

Last edited by Slayback; 05-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #27
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I said quality, not aesthetic, the actual quality of the toy is piss poor. The paint scratches off if you touch it, the plastic is thin and brittle, the transformation isn't fun. It's just a poor quality toy, no matter how good it looks on the shelf, I'm afraid these 2 are going to be more of the same. Especially with FansProject releasing the same figures in their Function X line.
I have the blue Transistor from KFC, it's pretty good. (I avoid the original red one because I read the paint quality is bad), transformation is not as clever as the official MP, but still it's a nice toy.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #28
optimusb39
Animated

Chosen prime has a review up for this figure today. It's actually really good. And kfc has improved in leaps and bounds. I love their citizen stack, and their wreckgar is the top tier item on my shelf! Solid plastic high quality paint. I have transistor too and aside from the paint issues due mostly to the vacuum chrome red (which if I need remind you that Hasbro did for years on their beast wars lines that peeled away everytime) I'd say the design and execution are great for him. Posable. Character. I'm waiting for their take on octane as well.
I even like their kfc Rabat over the official release too but that's just an asthetic choice on my part.
And size wise he's looking great. Will sit nicely next to chromedome from maketoys and their ironwill. He's on my never ending expanding list of needs.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #29
Pascal
Banned

I think someone has long nails and doesn't know what brittle really means.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote