Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2023, 07:46 PM   #111
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

I got a message on July 25 that my replacement shipped by FedEx, and I got a tracking number too. SHipping from the USA...
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:40 AM   #112
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Same

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:46 AM   #113
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
my replacement got dropped off this morning, no email, no tracking number, no nothing XD
Stepped outside this morning to go to work, and there's the SIOC box with all the shipping stickers stuck to it, sitting on my stoop, with the bottom lookin' wet (rained a bit yesterday)

Yesterday was a loaf day, nobody went outside - so they just ghosted it onto our doorstep, no doorbell, no knock, and took off

Gonna open it up tonight and see what's what, but my replacement VSaber has officially been delivered (barring finding out it's something else inside the SIOC, but it's same size as the old VSaber was, so)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:22 AM   #114
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Almost entirely good news, the replacement VSaber is immaculate!
All the issues reported on my 1st copy are not present, right down to the paint QAs - his mouthplate is pristine, both SSaber & Leo’s vac chrome chest decals were protected from the zip ties by a (new?) thin plastic layer, both hands’ 5mm ports swivel out properly, and I can’t find any paint bubbles
Both micromasters are fine, though they were fine on my 1st copy as well

I combined them into VSaber, but haven’t busted Saber out the chest yet - I may not bother transforming to vehicle mode, since I got that out of my system with the 1st copy - and I probably won’t risk transforming BrainOfCourage, since I think the hinge plastic being too thin and stress-marking is probably not going to be “solved” this time around either

The only, ONLY thing that’s wrong is how it was delivered - shipping stickers right on the SIOC shipper box, with no large outer box (which is how my 1st copy arrived, with pristine boxes)
Plus the delivery guy placed it on our stoop, to get wet from Saturday’s light rain, compromising the box’s integrity - soaked through to the VSaber outer box sleeve, which is slightly warped
In pulling the trays out, one side of them crumpled due to being structurally weakened; at this point, everything else beyond that was fine

I might still complain cause the delivery guy didn’t ring doorbell or knock, and we were home all day - if I knew the package had arrived, I could have saved it from getting wet
And if Hasbork had shipped the SIOC inside another larger box (again as they did the 1st time), the extra layer likely would have saved the SIOC, or at least the actual VSaber packaging inside

Good news overall though!
Old 07-31-2023, 10:44 AM   #115
Northerncrowe
Generation 2
Talking Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Almost entirely good news, the replacement VSaber is immaculate!
All the issues reported on my 1st copy are not present, right down to the paint QAs - his mouthplate is pristine, both SSaber & Leo?s vac chrome chest decals were protected from the zip ties by a (new?) thin plastic layer, both hands? 5mm ports swivel out properly, and I can?t find any paint bubbles
Both micromasters are fine, though they were fine on my 1st copy as well

I combined them into VSaber, but haven?t busted Saber out the chest yet - I may not bother transforming to vehicle mode, since I got that out of my system with the 1st copy - and I probably won?t risk transforming BrainOfCourage, since I think the hinge plastic being too thin and stress-marking is probably not going to be ?solved? this time around either

The only, ONLY thing that?s wrong is how it was delivered - shipping stickers right on the SIOC shipper box, with no large outer box (which is how my 1st copy arrived, with pristine boxes)
Plus the delivery guy placed it on our stoop, to get wet from Saturday?s light rain, compromising the box?s integrity - soaked through to the VSaber outer box sleeve, which is slightly warped
In pulling the trays out, one side of them crumpled due to being structurally weakened; at this point, everything else beyond that was fine

I might still complain cause the delivery guy didn?t ring doorbell or knock, and we were home all day - if I knew the package had arrived, I could have saved it from getting wet
And if Hasbork had shipped the SIOC inside another larger box (again as they did the 1st time), the extra layer likely would have saved the SIOC, or at least the actual VSaber packaging inside

Good news overall though!
Great! Now flip me that Victory Saber for my sealed RID Ultra Magnus....
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:50 PM   #116
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

Question to those getting replacement figures. Is the packaging being replaced as well, or just the toys?

Also, do you have to contact Hasbro after you ship yours out?

Last edited by DanicusTF(cdn); 08-01-2023 at 08:00 PM.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:26 PM   #117
VidzxVega
Generation 2

I've managed to track mine to the local FedEx depot because Hasbro sent it to the wrong place a week ago and never bothers to send me a tracking number.

I'm really hoping it's in good shape because this experience has been rough.
VidzxVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:35 AM   #118
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicusTF(cdn) View Post
Question to those getting replacement figures. Is the packaging being replaced as well, or just the toys?

Also, do you have to contact Hasbro after you ship yours out?
I sent the entire figure in package back to Hasbro. What I got back was the entire figure in package back. Everything was replaced.

To your second question, in theory you do not have to contact Hasbro after you ship your damaged item back to them using their pre-printed label. However, I, like probably everyone else here, did message them a few times, to tell them I sent it, to ask what happens next after they received it, and to check in again a few weeks later as to "okay when will I actually get the thing". Maybe that's why I got a tracking number unlike others, because I kept bugging them.

Regarding packaging, there are two differences for this replacement:

1. It shipped directly in the brown Hasbro mailer (the box that has the product name and number on it). The original shipment had a box inside a box (the Hasbro mailer inside a separate box). So you will NOT get a pristine brown Hasbro mailer this time, the shipping labels will be all over it and corners may be dinged (like mine was). Fortunately the actual toy and its box were fine.

2. They did what they should've done the first time and put plastic covers on top of the gold chests of Star Saber and Victory Leo so the plastic straps won't touch the gold paint directly (and therefore minimize risk of damage).
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:51 PM   #119
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Got my 2 new sabrs, the one I opened was perfect, none of the previous issues I had. Really happy Hasbro pulled through on this one and happy to finally be able to transform it fully
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 04:23 PM   #120
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Complained about the packaging damaged from both (replacement shipping directly in the SIOC box) and also (delivery guy ghosted it on our doorstep with no doorbell or knock, on a day we were home, and it was raining out)

Hasbro is sending me “replacement packaging” to replace the packaging that was water damaged, 10-14 business days

FYI for anyone else who may be same boat