Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-28-2022, 12:54 PM   #51
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

thanks for update, if their solution is we can give you a refund and send the product back they are going to have to do better than that.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 01:19 PM   #52
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
thanks for update, if their solution is we can give you a refund and send the product back they are going to have to do better than that.

No they don't. At least according to law.

A full refund is basically the utmost, and bare minimum, solution. It works as both. You got your money back and they paid for returning the item. Problem solved and no legal avenue will care what your opinion is, you were made whole (but not happy).

Then on the other side they basically have washed their hands of it and can't be bothered to do anything except the most basic customer satisfaction for such a high priced item.

So yeah it would be both a terrible solution (for the collector/buyer), and a perfect solution (in the legal sense).

With the Marvel Legends Sentinel Haslab the knee problem was so widespread that all they offered was a return/refund solution. You return it, they give you a refund. They weren't going to make more, or give you a new one that would suffer the same problem.

Thankfully the early problems being reported seem to be addressed more along the lines of trying to fix the problem, but as time goes on they'll be less and less inclined to do anything outside of return/refund when they don't have the parts/pieces to make it right.

This Haslab seems to have been cursed from the beginning. First they lost all of Taiwan's allotment during shipping, and had to refund and provide a "sorry" piece (HIB Alpha Trion & Orion Pax). Then it turns out some of the first production run had minor issues that were not supposed to be shipped out (paint and missing pieces), not to mention the dumb idea to use tight plastic ties to hold the figures down that crossed over the gold paint, thus heightening the chance of paint damage. Then some people find out their orders are getting cancelled!!??!! (Zavvi in Europe) This Haslab has been a comedy of errors since production was finished.

Last edited by canprime; 12-28-2022 at 01:28 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 01:24 PM   #53
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
No they don't. At least according to law.

A full refund is basically the utmost, and bare minimum, solution. It works as both. You got your money back and they paid for returning the item. Problem solved and no legal avenue will care what your opinion is, you were made whole (but not happy).

Then on the other side they basically have washed their hands of it and can't be bothered to do anything except the most basic customer satisfaction for such a high priced item.

So yeah it would be both a terrible solution (for the collector/buyer), and a perfect solution (in the legal sense).

With the Marvel Legends Sentinel Haslab the knee problem was so widespread that all they offered was a return/refund solution. You return it, they give you a refund. They weren't going to make more, or give you a new one that would suffer the same problem.

Thankfully the early problems being reported seem to be addressed more along the lines of trying to fix the problem, but as time goes on they'll be less and less inclined to do anything outside of return/refund when they don't have the parts/pieces to make it right.
Yea I totally get that, it's more of a customer relations at this point.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:36 PM   #54
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

I do hope they do something better then just refund return, as they basically held my money for a year for nothing.

Called in for an update today, told they would have more info in the new year. Rep said they are getting a lot of people calling in for follow up. My response was, what I suppose to do? Hasbro is just being silent or saying to wait on the matter. Kinda stuck in limbo.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #55
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I would be shocked if Hasbro bothered to do anything. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any company, ever, seconded only by Rogers and Bell, lol. As I have explained often, I was missing a tire off my Amazon exclusive Punch/Counterpunch when it first came out, a tire used on no less than 11 molds over the course of about 4 years. It was VERY common. Rather than simply popping one (1 gram of plastic) in an envelope; dear God, just take it off some sample an executive has siting on a shelf in their office somewhere, what did they do? Equal value BS. I waited, waited aamnddd waited. I asked for an update and they had the case closed. Nothing was sent. Soooo...they reopened it and resent....what shit did I get? Cyberverse "Ultimate" elbowless wonder known as Megatron. Utter garbage. I had to source the tire off a local collector because Hasbro, as a company, was a failure. Don't expect much from them. There is a reason they have lost 3 billion worth in company value lol. You all deserve better for your hard earned money.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #56
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

So it's not just me. Hasbro CS rep told me they would "be back in touch with (me) shortly regarding the remedy and next steps" on the 19th and I've heard nothing since then.

Sure do hope I'm in early enough to be able to get spare parts for my quibbles. Already specified that equal value nonsense would not be acceptable for something like this.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:31 AM   #57
KRSkull
Generation 2

just bought mine from a seller on FB marketplace. opened it once i got home and found i also have the blocked port on the saber body for jet mode. Seller is being very helpful and opened up a claim with hasbro support on their end. worse case scenario ive seen enough fixes online that if they only offer a refund i can just do it myself, but i'm still a bit miffed that a collecter's piece like this is having these problems.
KRSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:44 PM   #58
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Man reading these are just horrible. Hasbro really needs to make a smaller factory with competent workers, specifically for haslab products. It's unacceptable for fans funding these projects and they come back with qc issues left right and center. Seems like their are more qc issues with haslab products than the mainline.

Deathsaurus better not have any qc issues, cause if it does that will be my last haslab product ever. Hope everyone gets their issues fixed. Hasbro hopefully is making replacement parts as we speak. It's not a good look for them.
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #59
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Seems like their are more qc issues with haslab products than the mainline
Man I’ll tell you, I finally cracked open my Legacy Blitzwing this week, and he is absolutely gorgeous

I only transformed him from tank mode (what he’s packaged in) to bot mode, but he’s so damned beautiful

After receiving 4 “exclusive” products directly from Pulse and finding problems with all of them, a single, retail leader class with no issues is honestly my favourite thing right now
He makes me wants to play Devastation again
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trans...2XoLf0k,st:982
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #60
Skorpulator
Armada

Hasbro only reopens Jan. 4.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote