Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 11-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #221
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Yeah looks like Novus is the way to go.

http://www.bestplasticcleaner.com/novus2.php
yeah i saw that. it looks extremely promising.

this drives me nuts seeing this on alternators even worse binaltechs...

Last edited by Buhawi; 11-30-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #222
J-Ko
G1

Classics Deluxe Optimus Prime:
Damn that stupid gimmicky 'super power punch' action garbage! Anyway, I bought a used one off someone off the boards for about 5 bucks. Said it was 'mint or near mint' but for 5 bucks that's hard to believe... Wasn't too big of a deal especially for 5 bucks. Took it home, paint apps were fine, figure was wrapped in bubble wrap, everything intact. Problems are;

1. The upper body, where the part twists to make that stupid punch action, is ridiculously loose. It's hard to get him into a decent stance without his torso twisting.
2. The hip, where the lower abdomen slides up when turning into Alt mode, won't stay on very well.

What option do I have to remedy both...?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #223
ChrisW
Thread Killer

One of the transparent plastic headlight pieces on my Alternators Mirage has come loose and I can't seem to pop it back in place. Mirage has two headlight pieces on each side: one on the front of the fender piece, and one above it on the top surface of the fender piece. It is the upper one that has popped out on mine; the front section tabs in OK, but I cannot get the rear portion to tab in properly. I have tried pressing hard on the piece (taking care not to break anything) but it refuses to go in. Do I need to disassemble his shoulder/fender to get this piece in?

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #224
klez
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ko View Post
Classics Deluxe Optimus Prime:

1. The upper body, where the part twists to make that stupid punch action, is ridiculously loose. It's hard to get him into a decent stance without his torso twisting.
2. The hip, where the lower abdomen slides up when turning into Alt mode, won't stay on very well.

What option do I have to remedy both...?
For 1. the punch is always loose, the way to fix it is pull the little tab on his back until it clicks and locks into place (you'll see a little knob locking the tab in place). Now your torso has a clicking joint.

For 2. I'm not sure what you're talking about cause I have no problem with mine. Try flipping the wheels to the body by hand then slide the hip all the way in?
klez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #225
J-Ko
G1

@klez:
Worked perfectly! Thanks man. The torso is exactly what I wanted.

The lower abdomen piece, the hip area, I guess? It's the sliding joint that you use to push in the top half of him.

I'll probably just tighten it up with a bit of clear nail polish or what not...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #226
nikole95.7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Can you post a pic ?

Is it painted plastic ?

possible.
Are the metal pins inside of g1 powerglide's wings adhered there some how, or will a bit of tugging and a pair of needlenose pliers be enough to remove them?
nikole95.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #227
Pax52
Generation 1

Hey all how goses I was Transforming my animated blurr and some how i managed to snap him in half at the waist. I tried crazy glue with some luck but what is the best Superglue or eproxe to use I have a few bots that could use some work
Pax52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #228
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax52 View Post
Hey all how goses I was Transforming my animated blurr and some how i managed to snap him in half at the waist. I tried crazy glue with some luck but what is the best Superglue or eproxe to use I have a few bots that could use some work
Plasitc Weld, it's a 2 part epoxy. You can find it in the auto section of Walmart. It's a purple package.
Sand down the section you want to glue with no less then 180 grit & have a sharp hobby knife handy to remove an excess glue once it's about half way hardened (about 5 mins).

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #229
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I now swear by Mighty Putty! It's only $6 at walmart and you can make a tiny tiny ball out of it and smush the broken parts together and then while you are still holding it have someone (or yourself if you have a hand free) wipe off anything that squishes out and once it's set you can hang off of it and it won't break!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 AM   #230
Thundgrrcracker
Seeker
Thundgrrcracker's Ebay Auctions

looking for help with the following 2 problems.

1)g1 apeface arm.(i believe its a ratchet joint) but its hella loose, and tends to swing loose instead of staying inplace.(any options as opposed to ripping the toy apart)

2.botcon 2009 skyquake one wing is missing a long pin that keeps it attached.(very similar to all pin joints) any sources as to where on can pick up more of these at any legnth and just trim down or another solution. thx again guys.
Thundgrrcracker is offline   Reply With Quote