Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #501
TFtoys
Animated
Re: A cool Value Village find ! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with this thread? I thought Value Village was for people with low income, not avid collectors... I'd rather see those toys in the hands of children in need... no?
Well, I used to think "Toysrus" was for children under 18 (legal age to drive?),but look at where I am going for the sighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I claim no high ground on this, but I don't see purchasing stuff at VV as any different than purchasing it at any other store. VV isn't a charity. They make a profit. They work with charities, but like I said they're in the business of making a buck. Case in point I saw a incomplete G1 ultra magnus in he showcase for $60. Some how I don't think someone in a low income situation is in a position to buy that.

I've had an instance where I had a cybertron metroplex in my hand priced at $1.99. I was standing around looking for stuff when a kid obviously wanted it, so I gave it to him. I don't fight kids for toys, but if you think about it. If you don't buy it, probably some other collector will. But you should do what you can when you can. I think that's the important thing.
For some reasons, VVs in B.C. do want to make profit than other province, just by looking at the other members can get LOTS completed or big TF within $3.99, and the VV here actuallly tried to match Ebay price as the example of G1 ultra magnus in he showcase for $60.

cybertron metroplex for only 1.99 ? you must be lucky that the guy who ususally price the high price was not there at that day...By looking at the size, it might go to 4.99 or 5.99 if not completed.

So far you guys might only see about the good side, and the children expected to take away the toy on your hands. There were actually childern tearing off the bag and not just pick and choose, but start to play those toys on the ground. The worst, some parents actually encourged to "help" to take the particular items out from the other bags and leave the rest all mess up there. It really keeps me away from going to V.V. since.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #502
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
cybertron metroplex for only 1.99 ? you must be lucky that the guy who ususally price the high price was not there at that day...By looking at the size, it might go to 4.99 or 5.99 if not completed.
5.99 complete here in hamilton. Well, no cyber key though.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #503
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

lol I managed to grab me a few randomn figs...especially a very odd Grimlock knock-off/Chinese mold

XD he looks like he was made by Toho for a Godzilla movie.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #504
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
5.99 complete here in hamilton. Well, no cyber key though.
see, it proves again that VV in lower mainland has higher pricing.
Other V.V. are more buyer friendly price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
lol I managed to grab me a few randomn figs...especially a very odd Grimlock knock-off/Chinese mold

XD he looks like he was made by Toho for a Godzilla movie.
I had it in my first few visiting of the V.V., it does not even transform like the Beast War Dinobot.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #505
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
see, it proves again that VV in lower mainland has higher pricing.
Other V.V. are more buyer friendly price.

I had it in my first few visiting of the V.V., it does not even transform like the Beast War Dinobot.
oh no....youy have to see it to believe it man.

look at the hauls section XD
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #506
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
oh no....youy have to see it to believe it man.

look at the hauls section XD
yeah. my bad. The Grimlock you got is way better.

I got the other K.O. Dinobot which has the beast form like the Beast war one but nothing like it.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #507
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I was in St Catherines today so I stopped by VV.
I found a TM2 Tigerhawk, only missing missiles (or whatever he fires) for 4.99, I left him though as I already have one. I found KO Scavenger and Mixmaster both in sealed packages, including the addntl bits needed for Devi., in a baggy for $1.99. I grabbed that for my son. And lastly for $1.99 I grabbed a GravityBot Mudflap, also for my son.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #508
TFtoys
Animated

^Nice haul~
first time I see the KO Scavenger for individual packages.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #509
Uberman
Energon

Gahhh KO Mixmaster is the only one I need!

Curse you, local VV dry spell.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #510
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

AFAIK, the way Value Village helps charities is through the buying process - you donate stuff to those bins or pickups by charities, and the charities in turn sell the collected goods in bulk to VV. Thus the charity makes money to help people.

VV then sorts, cleans, prices and marks up the merchandise and sells it to anyone and everyone who will buy.

So by supporting this chain of purchasing, you are helping the charities - you buy from VV and they need more stock and thus buy more from the charities and/or pay higher rates.

The worst thing for the charities involved would be VV stores sitting full, thus stopping up the supply chain and revenue to the charity.

I don't work for VV or a charity, but this is my understanding of the system and why I actually think we're doing a good thing shopping there.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote