Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #1001
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Star Wars Episode VII Discussion (Spoilers Within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

I mean if you strip the prequels down to the core ideas behind the story, it sounds pretty good. But ideas are only part of the equation. You have to be able to breath life and emotion into those ideas, and I don't think that's within George's DNA.

And it seems to be the case. He his film record since hasn't been too good. He did the third Indiana Jones movie, and I think that was it.
This is a very true statement. What you are referring to is screen adaptation. The idea is amazing. I mean we're talking about a trilogy during the pinnacle of the Jedi order. The archives, the history, the betrayal, the "chosen one." The most powerful Jedi of that time not even brought to the forefront. Such a missed opportunity.

There were moments of brilliance like the verbal exchange between Jango and Obi-wan. That always got me nervous. The entrance of Darth Maul taking his hood off and double lightsaber fighting style. The Emperor putting on his hood for the first time and seeing his yellow eyes. But in the end the story needed to be depicted better. I really hope Disney gives it a whirl.

As far an Lucas and Indiana Jones. He didn't even direct those movies. He only wrote and produced them. I give the credit to Spielsberg for the screen adaptation.

Regarding Episode VII...there was a comment earlier about the score being dissappointing, I agree. I was expecting some epic music in pivotal scenes and it was nothing special to me. That's probably my only gripe. Not your typical John Williams brilliance.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #1002
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

Im in the minority I know but I like the prequels and really enjoyed all 7 films. Each one has something that i will always remember on a good way.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:36 AM   #1003
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteselegacy View Post
Im in the minority I know but I like the prequels and really enjoyed all 7 films. Each one has something that i will always remember on a good way.
There's nothing wrong with enjoying what you enjoy. When I first saw the prequels, I though they were OK, but then over repeated viewings and the more I thought about them over the years, the more they grated on me.

The prequels are deeply flawed, but if people can still derive enjoyment from them, more power to them.

Everyone has movies that they enjoy that may not be considered masterpieces. I have plenty, but I know they're flawed and accept them as is.

There are also highly rated movies which I don't care for. I have very specific reasons for not liking Gravity or Interstellar, but many more loved the films.

And then there's the Mystery Science Theatre level of bad movie that's so bad it's good.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #1004
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I know this is a little off topic but i am really digging Kylo Ren and I am thinking about getting the black series forxe fx light saber would i be disappointed with my purchase ?
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #1005
MULTIPLEX

I can't afford to get those nice ones cause the kids will just break them. I like my Disney Store version. It's better than the UFX and cheaper. Vibrates too. And it's only $30. Growls like the movie.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 AM   #1006
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I know this is a little off topic but i am really digging Kylo Ren and I am thinking about getting the black series forxe fx light saber would i be disappointed with my purchase ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I can't afford to get those nice ones cause the kids will just break them. I like my Disney Store version. It's better than the UFX and cheaper. Vibrates too. And it's only $30. Growls like the movie.
To Multiplex you must listen...yeeees!

The Disney Store one is pretty neat. A lot of on-line reviews say they are better than the Hasbro Ultimate FX
version.

I'd only get the Black Series Force FX if you could remove the blades and wear the hilt on your belt like Master Replicas, and later Hasbro, used to make.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:39 AM   #1007
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I just like the fact that it is die cast metal and alot longer than the ufx one. I would love if the blade did come off as well. Any thoughts on the black series Kylo Ren helm.

The Ufx one doesn't feel cheap ?

I am new to Collecting Starwars and the Wife said i could get some but they had to be higher end as i have a tonne of various TF
Old 12-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #1008
MULTIPLEX

I just bought the Disney Store "Blue Lightsaber" (formerly Luke's and Vader's). I love these things. But they jacked up the price to $37.95 for the movie. I got Vader and Kylo's for $32 a few months ago. I missed out on Yoda's Saber, unfortunately. Also picked up their voice changer Phasma and Kylo masks. So much cheaper and better quality than Hasbro's equivalent.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #1009
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

So mister has to have die cast actually likes the all plastic light sabers ? life is now upside down as we know it

I would just really like one and need to make my mind up I might buy both and return the one I don't like
Old 12-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #1010
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

can you please link the Disney Store Ones as what I am seeing are cheap looking ones compared to the nice Black series one