Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #21
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Generations/RTS vs United

jazz and megs are the only ones i want for united that i feel would be worth the drastic price bump.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #22
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Of the united stuff, the only one that woooos me might be Wreck-Gar, but only for army-building purposes.

And if you're gonna army build, then $$$ < $.

So I can pass, umless I see one for a good price.
Still waiting on a good price for Henkei Red Alert....
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #23
Bountyan
Cybertron

The only United figures I really like compared to the American ones are Tracks, Jazz, Wreck-Gar, Voyager Megs, and Bumblebee if you plan on buying the Goldbug thing. All the other ones I can pass on, and I actually think Kup and Wheeljack look worse than their Generations counterparts.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I grabbed WFC Megatron, Wreckgar, G2 Prime and Scourge. Great figures.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
flexativity
Generation 2
flexativity's Ebay Auctions

I have a cybertronian prime from generations and from united. To pay double just for a paint scheme... argh my wallet is hurting.
flexativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
chans formers
raff ow roud

^lolz,if you think your wallets groaning,check out on ebay some of the prices for "henkei's"
Old 08-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #27
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I'm enjoying the United Perceptor better than Generations, and as others have said--Jazz, Tracks, Megs and the WFC guys are more show-accurate with more paint apps.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #28
flexativity
Generation 2
flexativity's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
^lolz,if you think your wallets groaning,check out on ebay some of the prices for "henkei's"
I knoooooow! DAAAYUUUUUMMM!!
flexativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
nukedproducts
Captain Vaudeville

i think united gets a point for megatron. i still have yet to get a proper megatron for my classics display.
nukedproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #30
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexativity View Post
Hey all

which do you think is better, the United series or the Generations / RTS series. I feel both are the same other than the price.

I personally like the japanese touch, but I like the price of hasbro =P. I can't win!!!!!
I think a less polarizing way to word this question might be "which do you prefer?" But I like your personal preference I will admit I am a Henkei/United fanboy But like the Hasbro side not everything United does is a win. For me I try to get the figures that "do it" for me for example I took Generations WFC Soundwave over the United one because I liked uniformed colour for his alt mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star 56 View Post
I don't buy Imported things or third party( Don't have the money) but I must say that the United WFC guys look pretty cool. Although I can' justify spending almost triple the price per guy when I got each one of my hasbro ones for $10/$15. they deffenaitly look cool but I don't feel they are worth the extra cash for a diffrent paint job
Oh they are so worth it, they're soooo pretty and you don't have to pay a fortune for them there are deals to be had out there with a little patience and a little luck ("More than you imagine, Optimus Prime"). For instance at TFCon 2010 I scored 4 MISB Henkei figures for $90, see comment later on for another great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent420 View Post
Here's a great comparison thread with pics.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9672

I think only some of the United ones are better / worth the extra money ... mostly due to the superior paint apps.

Those being: Jazz, Tracks, Wheel Jack.

I prefer some Generations ones likes Perceptor and Blurr.

I found a local dealer in the GTA that sells United versions for $50 bux a pop.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Come on! You can beat that price, lol! But is that dealer Sid Burn off the boards here? He is a good guy.
Great comparison thread, I agree with your pics for the United figs Jazz and Tracks got me on the United kick. I will add Wreck Gar for my own choices but he's a double win for both sides as is Wheeljack. Perceptor is a tie for me, his Alt mode is nice for United and the Bot mode is better for Hasbro if only they could have put it all together so I skipped him altogether if the United version had the chrome pieces that'd be my preference. Straxus for United is an epic fail but you can get him for 13 bucks, lol. When I saw United Blurr it was sex on a stick, searching and finding the disappointment with Gen Blurr's paint drove me to get the United one. Of the WFC figs Cliffjumper is a double win for me as the rest for me I lean towards the United schemes as it really shows off the sculpt and detail of the figs. Same for United Classics BB the gold paint shows the little details well and I'm looking 4ward to the Goldbug kit. United Voyager Megs just looks sad literally, like a mime. I'll keep my Henkei one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Well played LOL.

Depends on the figure and if (IMO) Hasbro dropped the ball on their version, then sometimes it's worth it i.e. dark violet and olive coloured Cyclonus, tribal tattoo Tracks, blue faced Ironhide, toy accurate not show accurate Astrotrain, and sitting in the sun too long Drift and Jazz. Cyclonus especially IMO, the others are debatable depending on what you look for in a toy. For me, United Jazz is totally worth it and United Drift, not so much.

If it's a fix/improvement on the toy then the extra cash might be worth it, but if it's something like WFC Prime and a even better example being Wheeljack, then the extra shiny shiny is probably not worth it.

I'm going to go back on what I said a bit and say I got the United Tracks and OMG the metallic paint is so gorgeous. So gorgeous, it's like blue candy and you want to take a bite out of it. WFC Prime is a tough call because the domestic version is already perfect and paying $30-50 for the premium finish, I donno. I recommend people try it once, but I would not recommend getting every toy like that. For one: the premium price, and two: sometimes the paint is not the right shade and does not match the plastic i.e. Japanese Animated Rodimus.
Just wait for that WFC Optimus and he will be on sale and on the Tracks note yes that Blue is like candy and it matches a certain blue nail polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
Depends of the figure and depends on the price. I managed to get an United Wheeljack for $25 and I think he was well worth it. I'd be hesitant to pay normal price for him.
Did you get that from the Automaton sale? I got a United Wheeljack for $25 shipped off ebay.

The most I've paid for any individual United figure is $50 and that was for the Wreck Gar, Grapple and Lugnut which I felt was worth it to me though that may be challenged now by my United Kup being merged with Ehobby Kup because I wanted an ultimate modern cartoon colour like Kup. For my collection I feel what I am collecting are like art pieces and I enjoy the artistic detail in them as well as the characterization of the character/figure which for my love of this hobby justifies the cost. I'm in this for the long haul and I desire the best possible collection at the best possible price. Otherwise I feel like they are just toys that I won't enjoy as much but now I have pieces of art I can play with! Who else can say that?
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote