Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
Pgianos
Banned
sale vs selling

Now a lot of people use the term sale on here in their threads wheb they are selling including etailers. If you are selling your stuff at or above market price it's not a sale you are just selling. So I think we should mandate people put selling if above or at market price or sale for below market price because these boxing day "sales" from etailers and group members are deceivingly terrible. I'm being half sarcastic and half fesicious.

"leader Starscream 49.99 on sale" (yeah thanks 35 at Walmart for ex)
Old 12-26-2015, 11:45 PM   #2
python
Alternator
Re: sale vs selling

If the regular price for them is $55.00 then the item is on sale at a lesser price.

They do not need to care what someone else is selling the item for, or if it is below what is standard retail. Retail for a leader seeker is $54.86 to $59.99. Selling for $49.99 is a "sale" relative to that - but why would you pay that right now when a little research would yield the $35 deal.

That said, nobody is going to sell you a G1 Megatron or Ultra Magnus at that price, even if they caught the TRU sale a few months back. The others - possibly.

Not going to tell you I was willing to shell some cash out today - but nobody had anything but crap for sale, at more than what it could be found for on Ebay. Money in my pocket for later.

And don't get me started on the continued use of USD by some of our friends to the right.

But the term sale or selling are all relative.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
timcrook
Cybertron

Edit: House for sale: $24 Million USD

Last edited by timcrook; 12-28-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
Rev
Addict

For sale and on sale are two different things. Do we agree?
Old 12-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #5
steamwhistle
Crossover

Unfortunately, everything is relative, and there is no absolute and definitively established actual "regular" retail price to which people can utilize as a universal benchmark for comparison. So, we just have to deal with it. If it's not a sale to me, I just won't buy it.

I agree that "for sale" and "on sale" are different things. But "on sale" only relates to the specific seller's regular price. I don't think they are trying to mislead anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
Old 12-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #6
Slayback
Animated

Nobody had anything but crap for sale, at more than what it could be found for on Ebay

Really? Just which companies are you referring to?

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Old 12-28-2015, 01:26 AM   #7
Pgianos
Banned

When etailer prices are in American including their shipping with a 70c dollar nothing is on sale in Canada.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:31 AM   #8
omegacanuck
Generation 2

Trying to compare a sale to the lowest price you can find anywhere is a little bit of a false comparison. Some retailers are indeed higher than others. However, if you want to use a brick and mortar comparison, if a premium retailer normally has an item at $100, but is on a storewide 10% off, that item is by definition 'on sale'. Now, whether you like that sale or not is whether that turns into actual 'sales' of that product. If that same product is available at a discount retailer for $75, then you're likely to just go there instead.

BTW, we all love Walmart as used in the original example, but using an item that is on clearance at WalMart as a measure of how other prices are too high is a bit unfair. Realistically, very few companies can out price WalMart even normally, given their massive size, but when they put an item on clearance it's downright impossible. Even WalMart's regular price on Leader class Starscream was $60 or $65. I'm guessing that $35 is likely less than cost for many smaller retailers, so expecting everyone to have or beat that price is a little unrealistic. That being said, those other retailers who are trying to sell that item, likely aren't making many sales right now.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Until the sponsors start selling in Canadian dollars they aren't getting any more of my money. I'm tired of paying bank fees to convert my money.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Bank fees through PayPal linked to a CC?
Closed Thread