Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Longshot
Pretender
Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-09 Eupatorium

I've always been a huge fan of Elita One and while I always enjoyed the various Arcee's being made available, I was always saddened that there was no love for Optimus' main squeeze.
MMC has answered all my (Optimus' too) prayers when they used their Arcee mold and turned it into an Elita One.

The packaging is the exact same type as Azalea (Arcee); magnetic cover and box material. Eupatorium's bow which can be connected to the pistol to become a crossbow is the only unique piece of kit. Other than that it seems the dual pistols and flight stand/ feet stabilizer are uniform across all molds.
The instruction manual also doubles as a comic with the continuation of the story spread across the other instruction manuals of the other molds. A hard plastic card is also included.

Last edited by Longshot; 05-25-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
Longshot
Pretender
Re: Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-09 Eupatorium

Didn't I see you on a mudflap somewhere?

Eupatorium is not a large figure as you can see from the Tuna Standard, so many people will balk at the price asked for this figure. And to be fair, I was craving for a Elita One fix that I ponied up the dough. But in my mind, if Hasbro had come up with a decent Elita One, as they did with Arcee I don't think I would have seriously considered Eupatorium. She is a nice figure but not $60 nice.
Her size does go well with voyager class figures though.
The colours are nice and sharp, and as with Azalea (Arcee), her poseability is stellar and everything tucks away nicely when in her alt mode, leaving no spare parts just hanging around.
Overall, the figure is nice, the head sculpt is good and it does a nice job filling in for my favourite femme bot until someone decides to give her the masterpiece treatment.
The price is the only thing I can think of that will be a sticking point with most people.
But if your a Elita One fan than this is not to be missed and comes highly recommended from her number one fanboy.

Last edited by Longshot; 05-25-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Is the orange/red on her really that bring in hand? The photos make that color seem quite saturated... almost a neon glowing characteristic about her. It's almost too intense to look at, it seems.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
Longshot
Pretender

Yes it is, maybe about 1% less in real life. I found it quite vibrant though.