Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #21
C_Shewins
Robot Master
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

After all that... I don't think people still have interest when they hear the name "Ages Three and up" seriously. Well, good luck. I would still rather get my tfs from BBTS and Automaton.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #22
crimbot
Some Guy

I wish you the best of luck. I see it this way, I never had a problem in the past, and I am going to support site sponsors before anyone else. Given the A3U toolbar on the side, I'm prone to give it a shop
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
Doctor Kibble
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Noticed you are from BC. If you are in the Vancouver area, stop by the store. You'll see that it's all true what I said.

And to be clear, Spencer does work for Urban Samurai. However, our only connection to Urban Samurai is we rent shelves and space from the owners and stock our items for local customers. The toy industry in Vancouver isn't that huge, so it's no surprise to see Spencer workin for them. Small world indeed.

Would love to open our own store when we have this running smooth again, but one step at a time. Just focused more on spending our time right now on product. I literally started with zero stock. Didn't want to buy up all of Spencers old stuff.
Nah, I don't think I'll check out your store. I'll just take your word for it. Best of luck to you. But I still gotta wonder why you would take that name. By the way, how are you able to use the agesthreeandup profile here? Did Spencer sell you his cybertron.ca profile and password? Can you just trade profiles like that? How does that work?
Old 12-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Generation 1

Well Boris, if you really are who you say you are then it's too bad you had to go and get yourself associated with Spencer. On that basis alone you have already lost a potential customer. If you're renting store space from Urban Samurai; which last I checked was co-owned by him and a fellow named Alex, then any money I spend is going to be funding your rent costs. Quite frankly, I don't want to put another cent in his pocket. Spencer has stolen money from far too many people, including friends of mine and he really shouldn't be allowed to have a business if he can't even pay these people back.

And Boris, even if you try to tell me otherwise I can't just take your word for it. Sorry but that's just the way it is. The fact that you guys have gotten yourselves involved with Spencer has completely turned me off of your business. I really would love to be able to purchase import TFs locally at reasonable prices, I really would. But you should have stayed far away from A3U and made a name for yourself.

And I know Boris does exist but that doesn't rule out the possibility of Spencer posting as Boris here. If you are Spencer then you know who I am and I know the terrible things you have done. Shame on you.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 AM   #25
Karifore
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Well Boris, if you really are who you say you are then it's too bad you had to go and get yourself associated with Spencer. On that basis alone you have already lost a potential customer. If you're renting store space from Urban Samurai; which last I checked was co-owned by him and a fellow named Alex, then any money I spend is going to be funding your rent costs. Quite frankly, I don't want to put another cent in his pocket. Spencer has stolen money from far too many people, including friends of mine and he really shouldn't be allowed to have a business if he can't even pay these people back.

And Boris, even if you try to tell me otherwise I can't just take your word for it. Sorry but that's just the way it is. The fact that you guys have gotten yourselves involved with Spencer has completely turned me off of your business. I really would love to be able to purchase import TFs locally at reasonable prices, I really would. But you should have stayed far away from A3U and made a name for yourself.

And I know Boris does exist but that doesn't rule out the possibility of Spencer posting as Boris here. If you are Spencer then you know who I am and I know the terrible things you have done. Shame on you.
I agree with MasterOfPuppets... I'm normally not one to complain about bad service as long as I get what I've paid for. It's a different story though when they ignore you after finding out they owe you something that's already been paid for which they don't have anymore and don't want to give your money back. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being in Ontario, so they believe it's not worth the trouble since it's not like I'm going to fly out and go to their store to get my refund. There's more to it, but I don't bother with the details either. Anyway, I think it was a bad idea to use the A3U name as well and remain associated with the old A3U in any way. There are many good people on this board that I'm sure would have given you a chance with any other name and location, including myself, but I can't bring myself over to give it another chance given the association to the old store. Sorry...

Still, I sincerely wish you good luck with the venture Boris.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #26
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Kibble View Post
Nah, I don't think I'll check out your store. I'll just take your word for it. Best of luck to you. But I still gotta wonder why you would take that name. By the way, how are you able to use the agesthreeandup profile here? Did Spencer sell you his cybertron.ca profile and password? Can you just trade profiles like that? How does that work?
Hey, thanks. Ya, that's been the hardest decision take a chance on the tainted name or take a chance on making a new one. Like I said, there really is a mixed feeling and lots of good feedback too.

So I went with the feedback, a lot of which is normal unfortunately. Ages had a lot of fans and haters like almost every business I know.

Was hard to make a decision to try and build another brand too. It's really more about what the name is associated with in terms of product.

Again, don't want to minimize what you are trying to say about the past. Just gonna focus on the future for me now. Bad name or not, I'm just not one to screw over my customers, so I hope in time that will prove true.

I bought everything that was remaining in online presence for Ages, so that included this username. I just didn't buy the business, assume any stock or take over the retail operations.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #27
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Hi there. Seen your posts before. Seems like you really had something against Spencer. I really don't know how to respond.

Not really trying to change your mind. You have your reasons to be mad. And ya, if someone screwed me over, I would not be happy either.

so nothing to really disagree with you on that. But he's gone. Lougheed mall is in Burnaby where you are located, so really the only way to know is by comin down and meeting me.

And I can totally understand if you don't want to put another cent in Spencer's pocket. So I can tell you that no proceeds from my store go to anything but my cost to run the store with my new crew and the products. My rent goes to the mall. So they actually make all the money.

And man do they make their money. They sure don't make it that easy to just open up a store.

And really, you don't have to take my word for it. I intend to prove things over time.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #28
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karifore View Post
I agree with MasterOfPuppets... I'm normally not one to complain about bad service as long as I get what I've paid for. It's a different story though when they ignore you after finding out they owe you something that's already been paid for which they don't have anymore and don't want to give your money back. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being in Ontario, so they believe it's not worth the trouble since it's not like I'm going to fly out and go to their store to get my refund. There's more to it, but I don't bother with the details either. Anyway, I think it was a bad idea to use the A3U name as well and remain associated with the old A3U in any way. There are many good people on this board that I'm sure would have given you a chance with any other name and location, including myself, but I can't bring myself over to give it another chance given the association to the old store. Sorry...

Still, I sincerely wish you good luck with the venture Boris.
Don't be sorry. These are things that happen and I knew going in that some people did have some negative issues with the store. As they do positive.

These are forums, so you can be as negative as you need to be. Especially given your circumstances.

I would never not refund my customers for orders they don't receive though. Seems like a pretty standard ethical thing.

I can see why you think it a bad idea to carry on the name and the whole association you have with it.

And I totally could be Spencer right now posing as someone and making you a sucker again. But I'm not. And I don't really know what else to do short of video taping my forum posts.

Anyway, I feel that a store and a name doesn't manage it's customers. The people do. And we're not the same crew as the old for better or for worse.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #29
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
After all that... I don't think people still have interest when they hear the name "Ages Three and up" seriously. Well, good luck. I would still rather get my tfs from BBTS and Automaton.
Some people still do have a lot of interest in the store. They had very different experiences though. Seems to vary but mostly good comments. But no better or worse than any mixed feelings about other stores.

Sucks that it was the ending note for the old Ages store. I appreciate the kind words despite how you feel about the whole thing.

tfs, bbts and automaton are good stores and support the community. No complaints on my end about that.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #30
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leozak View Post
I wish all the success and if you happen to be at TFCon next year, I'll be sure to drop by and say hi
Sweet... I totally intend to set up there. Hope to meet a lot of new faces.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup