Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Frozen_Primal
to continue or not?
Send a message via MSN to Frozen_Primal
Tabletops games

Hey all,

Lately, thanks in a big part to the Tabletop series from Geek and Sundry, i started playing more tabletop games, and I like it. So far, i got a few : Munchkin from a few year back, Pandemic, Castle Panic, Ticket to Tide, Elder Signs and Flash Point : Fire Rescue. Right now, I'm looking into Sentinel of Multiverse.

So far, my favorite of the bunch is Flash Point : Fire Rescue where you play firemen fighting a fire and trying to rescue some victims.

Anyone can suggest more tabletops game in those type? What are your favorite games/types? Co-op or Versus?

Let's talk about games!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Tabletops games

Mumps will probably be all over this thread if/when he notices it. He's a big tabletop gamer.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I typically buy a new board game once a month, my latest favourite has been Quarriors.

Here's a couple of other gems to look out for:
Kingdom builder
Dominant Species
dominion
Settlers of Catan
Carcossonne
7 wonders
Al Hambra
Powergrid
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Mumps will probably be all over this thread if/when he notices it. He's a big tabletop gamer.
You rang?

I play board games whenever I get the chance. I will never pass up an opportunity to sit at the table!

My latest hotness has been Samurai Sword. If anyone has played the game Bang! You may remember not liking it. Well, Samurai Sword takes out all of the bad things of that game (Player elimination) and retains all of the mechanics that made the game great. Super easy to play.

If you want a good, quick, and as challenging or as easy as you want it to be cooperative game, I highly recommend Forbidden Island. You are adventurers that have come to explore the Forbidden Island, and you want its treasure. The catch? The entire island is sinking, you have to work together to capture the treasure and escape the island!

7 Wonders is always a good bet. Quarriors is nice and fast. If you like that game, Dominion and Puzzle Strike are within your grasp. If you are a fan of Tabletop, I think you would enjoy King of Tokyo. Extremely fun, and can be very quick.

My absolute favorite game of all time, that I never get sick of, is "Are You a Werewolf!?" I like using the "Ultimate Werewolf" variant. You and a group of people (15 or so is best I find) sit in a circle and are dealt role cards. The simplest version of the game has 3 roles. Villagers (12), Werewolves (2) and Seer (1). The game works in 2 phases. Day and Night. During the night the Werewolves wake up and kill a random player. During the day, everyone has to decide who the werewolves are! So much fun.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Beechy
The Veteran.

Whatever happened to Monopoly and Clue? Uno anyone? How about some Mouse Trap?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
aquatar
Generation 2

I'm still waiting for Settlers of Cybertron.
That would be a fun game.
aquatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #7
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

got to admit, it was wasn't for Geek&Sundry, I wouldn't really much pay too much attention to tabletop games
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Mikformer
Machine War

I am a tabletop plastic crack fan. Games that have miniatures or molded pieces are kick ass.
I have the original Descent, Doom, Battlelore, Heroscape, Simply Catan. Added to the fun is painting the miniatures!
I was planning to paint all 320 Risk pieces in detail.

Some classic ones I enjoy is Clue the Great Museum Caper. (originally called Heist), a good game like Scotland Yard except with a huge plastic Mansion playing board.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
KoreanInferno
Alternator

My favorite is GoSu (Goblin Supremacy). It's a 2+ player game with a 100 cards (with awesome art) of 5 clans of goblins each with their own 3 tiers of strength. You draw from the deck (I'm not a fan of deck building games so this is awesome) and build an army and keep taking turns until you have no moves or choose to stop. After all turns are done you go to war, whoever has the most goblins wins that war and gains a victory. Then it starts again and you can build your army some more. 3 victories and you win!

I have the expansion set Kamakor and Gosu 2 as well. You really only need the first one.

I also had a lot of fun with "Ahhh! Zombies!" and the subsequent expansions, but my wallet could only allow me to get up to the 6th or 7th expansion.

I bought all my GoSu stuff through Starlit Citadel. They've got a bunch of games for really great prices and they're canadian.
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Warhammer
Dungeons and Dragons (3.5Ed)
Magic: The Gathering (not technically a tabletop game, but when I play, I usually need the whole table).
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote