Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #1901
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
Has anyone purchased a product from Shapeway?

I was interested in this set for my recently purchased Botcon Metalhawk:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/54258...?materialId=66

I'm not much of a painter so I was thinking of getting it molded in either a royal blue or polished alumide but haven't seen any TF weapons done outside the white polished.

IF Venksta was willing to pull the prototype Metalhawk sword mold out for a limited release I'd be game. Lets comment/like this on Facebook instead of Darkwing ;-)
Thats made by my friend Sunlink on TFW2005. I saw a painted version and it looked good. As for the prototype Metalhawk sword, check the next reply....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvicron View Post
Venksta is drumming up interest in another run of his Classic Darkwing head. And seeing as we need 14 people more to say yah on the facebook page to get him into production. So, I'm pimping it here. (hope thats ok Venksta) Link HERE
For all you local guys, I can do a cash deal for $35 if you commit to buying a set. That means we'd have to meet up once your kit is ready. Or you can just get it shipped if you pay online for the full price. And as an added bonus, for anyone buying locally, I can throw in a prototype Metalhawk sword for additional $5. But only if your buying the Darkwind kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g loonie View Post
does anybody know what the deal with cybcon is? I've never heard of it but it's in tacoma so i might consider going if it's worth it.
Compared to Metrocon, Cybcon is a mini convention. Besides the dealer room, they have other fun activities they do during the event. I think the event is from 10 to 3pm. The dealer room is really reasonably priced. Didn't find a single dealer charging "scalper" level pricing. Very amazing deals to be found there. The only downside for us, is if going, we gotta be on our way by 6am to make it at opening, and if your staying for the whole event, it can be a long day, especially side trips to Walmat, Target, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobuster View Post
Oh i didn't know that. I did see the Alicon at Metrocon but i didn't notice any for sale.
Yeah, I had mine on display. I think the preorders for the trooper building sale is their 3rd run. Despite all the negative feedback they get, Alicon has been selling very well for them.

Last edited by venksta; 03-21-2013 at 09:33 AM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1902
Corvicron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
For all you local guys, I can do a cash deal for $35 if you commit to buying a set. That means we'd have to meet up once your kit is ready. Or you can just get it shipped if you pay online for the full price. And as an added bonus, for anyone buying locally, I can throw in a prototype Metalhawk sword for additional $5. But only if your buying the Darkwind kit.
But only if you get the 15 more people, right?
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #1903
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46077

News says that the later TFP (non BH) waves (Rumble, Vehicon, etc.) are showing up at Winners in Canada??

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #1904
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Yeah. I'd like a Cylon Batmobile Transformer.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #1905
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

How exactly does Winners work? Do they buy the product from other retailers, or from Hasbro? If it's the retailers, I don't understand how they were sitting on this stuff for months and never stocked any of it. Even though the yellow walls were pretty bad, there was a long period of empty shelves as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #1906
aquatar
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
I'm not so sure of this. I've found that they order more than their pre-order amount for in-store sales. When those shipments arrive is usually the items sell out quickly but you might wind up lucky. It's how I got both MP-09, MP-10, and MP-12 (Lambor). I've since decided that in-store pickup pre-orders are the way to go.
You sir are correct. They usually sell out quickly because some people don't like to pre-order and go in store as soon as they know the products have arrived in store. Thats how i missed out on bruticus crossfire add on. I agree with you that in store pick up is the way to go.

With that being said, I don't know how many extra fort max they will order extra due to its size...
aquatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #1907
aquatar
Generation 2

Anyone got their invoice for FP crossfire 02 (add on for united bruticus) from automaton toys?

I'm so excited for this set. Yes I know it is old news for some of you.
aquatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #1908
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Yeah. I'd like a Cylon Batmobile Transformer.
Never saw that before but yes the Vehicon would make a great Batmobileformer! All it would need are a couple well-placed Bat symbols. Despite my reservations about TF:Prime being Bayformers Animated I may actually pick up one sole toy from that line now. Thanks Darth!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #1909
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
How exactly does Winners work? Do they buy the product from other retailers, or from Hasbro? If it's the retailers, I don't understand how they were sitting on this stuff for months and never stocked any of it. Even though the yellow walls were pretty bad, there was a long period of empty shelves as well.
I think it's both. I often see home/kitchen stuff at Winners/Home Sense that were on clearance at The Bay or Sears at some point, and I know those are products/brands sold exclusive at The Bay. So it's possible that primary retailers like The Bay sell their dead stock to Winners/Home Sense. It's also possible that Winners are using their US trade partner to bring in stock from US. All the TFG or RTS found at Winners/ LD/ XS have English only US packaging. It's likely Hasbro sell them the stock because TRU or WM never ordered them due to the Yellow plague. Hasbro needs to move their stock too.

I am counting on Winners to get FOC wave 3
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1910
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Amazon Japan exclusive shoulder launchers for MP Prowl and Streak.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...nchers-177104/

Nice. More G1 ish, an alternative to the built in shoulder cannons. Though I'm sure there will be at least one third party making accesories like this...

And the Japanese/Tak-Tomy versions of Beast Hunters (Transformers GO!):
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...figures/26919/

For those who didn't like the green windows and sword for Voyager BH OP, Japanese version went with blue...and the rest of the deluxes are a little more uniform on the colour (i.e. Starscream and Bulkhead don't look quite as ridiculous, colourwise anyways...

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023

Last edited by thebobkat; 03-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote