Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-25-2021, 07:50 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Masterpiece Movie MPM-12 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Revealed

[IMG]https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2021/02/Sin-tÃ*tulo-2-e1614253158854.jpg[/IMG]

The official Chinese Transformers Tmall have just revealed the new*Transformers Masterpiece Movie MPM-12 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime via a live stream. Check out our first screencaps after the break and then sound off on the 2005 Board! We will update information and images as they surface.

The post Transformers Masterpiece Movie MPM-12 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Revealed appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Movie MPM-12 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Revealed

I wonder if Hasbro will dare MSRP this near 3A/3zero's $300 DLX price point.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:51 AM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Movie MPM-12 Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I wonder if Hasbro will dare MSRP this near 3A/3zero's $300 DLX price point.
They're screwed if they try that. Even at the lower price points, many of the other MPM figures shelf-warmed in Toysrus for months, and were then heavily discounted.

I like the look of this, but I know a ko company will take this exact figure and give it a much better paint job, like they did with MPM-4 Prime. They may even clean up some of the kibble.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
They're screwed if they try that. Even at the lower price points, many of the other MPM figures shelf-warmed in Toysrus for months, and were then heavily discounted.

I like the look of this, but I know a ko company will take this exact figure and give it a much better paint job, like they did with MPM-4 Prime. They may even clean up some of the kibble.
It's already been done by like 2 other 3P companies and with 3Zero, I find this MP an odd choice. It's an easy pass for me as I like my 3Zero enough to not care about a transforming MP. Hmm...I mean, looks nice, but if retail is over 200, buy 3zeros.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
justprime
Animated

what I would like to see is a pre earth cybertronian accurate version of optimus with the correct stacks etc.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
It's already been done by like 2 other 3P companies and with 3Zero, I find this MP an odd choice. It's an easy pass for me as I like my 3Zero enough to not care about a transforming MP. Hmm...I mean, looks nice, but if retail is over 200, buy 3zeros.
Maybe they chose to make BB Prime to directly compete with the 3P offerings. So far, I still like the 3P figures more (like the Toyworld) because the paint looks a lot better on those (and more accurate). This version looks largely unpainted. I could be wrong, but the red and blue on MPM-12 looks like just molded plastic.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
predahank
Storing is hoarding

the plastic on mpms feel incredibly cheap, pretty much on par with studio series. mpm-4 being the exception
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #8
Soundwaves
Robot Master

I hope this one is also 500+
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:21 PM   #9
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Kind of disappointing that they made the back of the truck just a pair of obvious robot legs again when they'd made it actually look like a truck in the Studio Series version. Of course, the legs were one of the weakest aspects of SS38 since none of the pieces peg together securely, but those issues could probably be fixed with another iteration of the design, especially at an MPM budget. Instead it looks like they didn't bother.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #10
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
the plastic on mpms feel incredibly cheap, pretty much on par with studio series. mpm-4 being the exception
Agreed
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote