Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Walmart respond?
No - they're walmart. Who needs customer service when they have low prices? 13 72.22%
Yes - they will respond with a form letter 1 5.56%
Yes - they will respond by sending people to break my legs 3 16.67%
Yes - they will appologize and send me cases of voyagers as compensation (ha, yeah sure!) 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
Sokar
Armada
Walmart vs the BBB. Should I start taking bets?

I thought it would be worth starting a different thread instead of zombifying the voyagers for 10$ thread, since it might inadvertently trick people into looking up an old sale.

As some of you might have noticed from the animated/universe voyagers for 10$ sale thread, I ran into some issues (along with many others on the boards here) with getting any animated figures at the advertised price. After fighting with management and being told to phone their district manager, I hit a wall, since the district manager apparently doesn't answer his phone. Anyway, as others did as well, I decided to file a complaint with the bbb, and hoped to have things resolved through there. Unfortunately, unlike others here (I believe brr-iccy was an example), my Walmart hasn't made any effort to resolve the issue.

Standard policy I guess for the bbb is to send the business the complaint, then give them 2 weeks to respond before sending it again with another 2 week deadline.

This is the progression I've had so far:

10/19/2009 Second Notice to Business
10/19/2009 Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company
10/19/2009 No response to first notice to business
10/01/2009 Inform Business of Complaint
10/01/2009 Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
10/01/2009 Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
09/30/2009 Complaint Received by BBB

They apparently should responds to the bbb by the 29th, but I'm wondering if I should almost take bets as to whether or not they actually respond.

If they don't respond I'll be a little ticked off I think, but at this point it's sort of hard not to laugh and wonder how this company stays in business some days. I get the fact that they're a big corporation and probably are so distanced from their customer base on any sort of personal level that they really couldn't give a rat's hind quarters about what I think about them, but at the same time unless I'm mistaken, the bbb is not a group you want to take lightly is it?

Taken from a more comedic standpoint though, any bets on whether or not Walmart decides to respond to the complaint, or if they'll just shrug it off
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #2
pud333
Animated
Re: Walmart vs the BBB. Should I start taking bets?

I doubt the BBB can do anything to make Walmart change. It's not like we're dealing with a mom and pop shop. Walmart stays in business because a) people are cheap and don't want to pay a lot for a product and b) because of this, Walmart offers cheap products in mass quantities that they can sell for cheaper than their competitor due to their large volumes. So long as people want low priced goods, manufacturers continue to export their manufacturing to places where they pay slave-like wages, and Walmart continues to pay crappy wages and benefits to its employees, it's very easy for Walmart to stay in business.

But I sympathize with you. Walmart licks.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

walmart called me, and settled the matter as quickly as possible, so with the second call, they are walking on thin ice with them, and i think something bad can happen to the store if they don't fix their error

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Beechy
The Veteran.

What does BBB stand for?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

I just got a letter from head office, I have a plane ticket in the mail with a company Visa, and a rental car to come break your legs. Nothing personal, its just business

CJ
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
What does BBB stand for?
Better Business Bureau. Though, to be fair, I think walmart is going to make piles of money even if they don't respond to the complaint, and are thus unmotivated to act on it. Complaining to the BBB works better with small businesses.

You were right to stand by your convictions and complain to the BBB rather than just sitting back and taking it though.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I respect your gumption for staying with this Sokar. Having some issues in the past with Wal-Mart it is nice that someone is trying to stand up to them.

Just for fun I called the Wal-Mart Canada Corp number 905-821-2111 and explained the situation that you were going though. They mentioned that the bbb compliant goes through there customer service debt at corporate and they will handle it from there in a bout a week or two. Seeing as it has been a week or two I gather that they have dropped the claim and decided to give up on being a customer friendly store...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I voted that they will do absosmurfly nothing and basically flip the middle finger to customer service... but with a big yellow smiley face on while doing it.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I doubt Wal-Mart cares what the BBB thinks of them at this point. I'm pretty sure they pay for the execs at the BBB to go golfing, so you're probably gonna hit a brick wall there.

What was this about? I gather you had issues with their Voyager sale a few weeks back? I'm kinda surprised they didn't just cave and help you out. Mine has tried to give me the classic run-around on figures not coming up for sale, most recently this week with their Deluxes not scanning on sale. I got some line about how the ones in stock weren't the right Item Number figures and that the right ones were still on the truck. I slapped a flyer down in front of them, pointed out the simple text, the clause at the bottom stating simular items can be substituted if the 'proper' item isn't in stock and their Price scan policy, and got one figure for free and the rest rung up at the sale price. I guess your store has more concrete disgruntled workers than mine. Mine are just regular disgruntled.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Hopefully you'll get a $10 Voyager.

Call your local Paper about this, they would love a story about how "Wal-Mart doesn't honor it's own Advertised sale"

Cheers!
-Ian