Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: transformers 4 aoe leader optimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
This is a TRANSFORMER toy, not a statue. Details are second to the engineering! Good sculpting is stupid easy when the entirety of the alt-mode is made up of stupid panels with tin tabs that close over what is essentially a giant Actionmaster!
Granted, a little more creative with the engineering would be nice, but too much and you end up with the leader figure from ROTF, which seemed like a great idea until no one under the age of 20 could figure out how to transform the stupid thing without slo-mo-ing a YouTube review.

TFTM Leader Prime and Cybertron Leader Prime are to this day still 2 of my favorite figures in my entire collection, which includes a few masterpieces and 3rd party pieces, and neither were terribly complex or over engineered.

All in all, I think it looks like it might be a fun figure to actually play with (gasp!), and at least looks a bit different from the small horde of movie-verse Primes already floating about.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #32
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Granted, a little more creative with the engineering would be nice, but too much and you end up with the leader figure from ROTF, which seemed like a great idea until no one under the age of 20 could figure out how to transform the stupid thing without slo-mo-ing a YouTube review.
Yes but there's got to be a better way to do it than shell-forming on such a massive scale!

It would be easier to do simple transformation with clever engineering if alt-mode chunks became actual parts of the robot. Sadly movie designs are just over complicated messes where they end up being gangly alien skeleton wearing bits of exploded cars as clothing.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #33
Sokar
Armada

It just looks cheap. Like there wasn't a whole lot of effort put into the design. It's almost as if they took what would have likely been a deluxe class figure that sacrificed certain aspects, such as the kibble on it's back, to make it a possible toy, then just scaled it way up in order to be a new leader class figure. That has seemed to be the case with a few other toys, so I'm starting to think that that is seriously what happened here.

That said though, it's still early and I'm not going to make a concrete opinion yet. I just won't be jumping on any preorders I see for the time being.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #34
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Why would you preorder MOVIE stuff anyway? That crap is gonna be clogging shelf until Christmas 2015. It's gonna be DOTM 2: Electric Bumblebee. Mark my words.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote