Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Transformers Prime Episode 3 discussion

Episode 3!

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdNaKhJOnBM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHdfiqWmc5k
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: About Transformers : Prime

Ha...

Episode 3...what Orci and Kurtzman wanted to do with TF3

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Woah...

****Spoilers****

So each episode is seeming less and less child appropriate. Before we passed off the death of Cliffjumper as being "acceptable" since it wasn't a human... but this episode showed (though briefly) torture of Agent Fowler... unexpected!

and now we know that "darkness rising" wasn't just talking about megatron!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #4
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

After seeing ep 3, I'm really starting to dig Bulkhead, Starscream, and Agent Fowler. And on the flip side, I find the cliche "super boy genius" to be very, cliche. And I'm starting to dislike the spunky energetic punk girl.

Anyways, the energy from the Ground Bridge remind anyone else of the Lifestream in FF7?

Overall, I'm liking the vibe of the show and where it's heading.

**spoilerish if you havent watched ep 1 or 2 yet**

Zombies? Really? Is this what the show is going to be about?

**ep3 spoilers**

When Megatron said "As if I hear (Unicron's) very thoughts," anyone else feel like this is the Energon show all over again? And do you think that would be a good thing if it went that direction?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Starscream is really shaping up. He wasn't a traitor to Megatron in the first episode or two, he came across as fairly loyal. But this episode is starting to show Starscream acting behind his back, leading to a more traitorous version... but also so much darker and smarter than any of the other starscreams.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Only one of those was US-made.
Ha, I should have caught that myself.

I watched the first two episodes last night, I'll have to watch the third tonight. I have issues with the series. The animation looks pretty sad -- not much better than Beast Machines, and lots of time has passed since then so I would have expected much more. I'm not a fan of the movie designs so the designs in this series, so I'm not fussed over these ones either (although the fact that they aren't as busy as the movie designs is a huge plus). Still, none of these are deal breakers, and again the plot has me very interested.

I'm really digging the characters so far though -- at least the Transformers. I'm not keen on Bumblebee not having a voice. Arcee, Prime and Bulkhead are all pretty decent. Ratchet rocks.

On the Decepticon side, Starscream is shaping up to be one of the best incarnations of the character. He doesn't come off as over-the-top. Megatron, on the other hand, verges on being completely insane (very similar to his War for Cybertron incarnation) which has me rooting for Starscream. It's not that this Megatron is bad by any streach, it just makes Starscream seem more sensible in his desire to overthrow Megatron.

Anyway, good stuff so far.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Starscream is really shaping up. He wasn't a traitor to Megatron in the first episode or two, he came across as fairly loyal. But this episode is starting to show Starscream acting behind his back, leading to a more traitorous version... but also so much darker and smarter than any of the other starscreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Zero View Post
On the Decepticon side, Starscream is shaping up to be one of the best incarnations of the character. He doesn't come off as over-the-top. Megatron, on the other hand, verges on being completely insane (very similar to his War for Cybertron incarnation) which has me rooting for Starscream. It's not that this Megatron is bad by any streach, it just makes Starscream seem more sensible in his desire to overthrow Megatron.
This is what I found very impressive,a Starscream that I can actually see as a likeable character.This one has an agenda that's well hidden,and with a Megatron that's on the verge of insanity (Or already is at this point),I wouldn't mind seeing an arc where Starscream overthrows Megatron and becomes a Decepticon leader.I admit,I can not wait to see his next move in the whole grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 3 discussion

You guys have no idea how excited I am for this show. It really is coming across as one of the best transformers shows to date.

And as for the kids, it's still really early. Personally, i find them far less annoying than i found Sori in season 1 of animated. Sori grew on me, but she was soooo irritating in season 1. And the allspark key was such a gimmick to keep her in the show. After a bit, her character become more interesting and important to the plot. Then when the show ended, I was upset that i didn't get to find out more about her.

These kids are FAR less annoying than Sori was. However, Fawler is just awesome. As Bulkhead put it, he has some bearings on him.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
King Benny
Generation 1

I really enjoyed Episode 3. I'm liking Transformers: Prime more and more. Starscream and Bulkhead characters are shaping up quite well. For the humans, only the girl is a little annoying.. everyone else is good - especially Fowler.
King Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
jacobot
drone 179

jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote