Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #2811
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I think he has every right to return the 2 sets if they arrived in unsatisfactory condition for his collection. I know the set is hard to get right now but no one is obliged to resell unsatisfactory sets at cost (something that can cost time and money and can carry risks for the seller) when they can zero-cost, zero-risk return them to Amazon. It also helps Amazon learn that this "slap a sticker on the actual collectible item packaging" is not an acceptable way to ship.

Would offering the stickered sets at cost to board members have been a nice thing to do? Sure. Was it obligated rather than doing a normal retailer-customer return? No.

Let's focus on who is really being the problem in all this: Hasbro and Amazon.

(And no, I did not return any sets to Amazon myself)
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. No one should feel guilt tripped to keep something they are not satisfied with.

What sucks is that these returns are probably thrown in the garbage when they could be warehouse deals (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marke...urns-1.5753714).
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #2812
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
What sucks is that these returns are probably thrown in the garbage when they could be warehouse deals (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marke...urns-1.5753714).
Time to stalk the Amazon returns, maybe there's mounds of Free Prowl-Ironhide 2 packs somewhere
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:23 PM   #2813
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Oh god, to think these could be ending up in the trash... I'm actually wondering if these could all be customer service rejects from the US that they're passing off on Canada, hence the major delays and seemingly every single box having something cosmetically wrong with it.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #2814
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I think he has every right to return the 2 sets if they arrived in unsatisfactory condition for his collection. I know the set is hard to get right now but no one is obliged to resell unsatisfactory sets at cost (something that can cost time and money and can carry risks for the seller) when they can zero-cost, zero-risk return them to Amazon. It also helps Amazon learn that this "slap a sticker on the actual collectible item packaging" is not an acceptable way to ship.

Would offering the stickered sets at cost to board members have been a nice thing to do? Sure. Was it obligated rather than doing a normal retailer-customer return? No.

Let's focus on who is really being the problem in all this: Hasbro and Amazon.

(And no, I did not return any sets to Amazon myself)
Couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day, these are just toys. I've been collecting long enough to know there's always something newer and better coming down the road. I remember missing out on CW Skylynx, and now there's a Commander Class one. I remember people going ape over City Commander because there was never a modern Ultra Magnus with trailer armor. Now, we've the CW version, the Siege verison, the Earthrise version, not to mention the MP version, etc.

So, there's no point, IMHO, to getting all in a hissy because you can't get a toy. Sure it can suck. But just because we collect toys, doesn't mean we should act like children.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 12-16-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #2815
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

They are Canadian postal stickers, so likely not rejects.

Mine was a gift and had a deep cut on the top...did others with stickers or sent as gifts have the same issue? They hid damage by putting it in backwards as a gift...and that is what they do when you pay extra.

They will most likely just sell returned ones with stickers back to us in new orders...with new stickers...and the cycle continues...or show up at Winners in Bulgaria in 2022...

(Un)happy Hunting....

Last edited by MilanX3; 12-16-2020 at 10:19 PM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 PM   #2816
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Is there a link for the next Earthrise 2-pack with Barricade? I just got an Amazon gift card and I am only planning to spend it on an Amazon exclusive, and so far the 2-pack is all I can think of.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:59 PM   #2817
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Is there a link for the next Earthrise 2-pack with Barricade? I just got an Amazon gift card and I am only planning to spend it on an Amazon exclusive, and so far the 2-pack is all I can think of.
Here you go bud. Showing as unavailable for now. You can also preorder it on Amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0855748HF/..._LOx3FbDY90GJF

Amazon.com preorder
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:10 AM   #2818
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Couldn't agree more.

At the end of the day, these are just toys. I've been collecting long enough to know there's always something newer and better coming down the road. I remember missing out on CW Skylynx, and now there's a Commander Class one. I remember people going ape over City Commander because there was never a modern Ultra Magnus with trailer armor. Now, we've the CW version, the Siege verison, the Earthrise version, not to mention the MP version, etc.

So, there's no point, IMHO, to getting all in a hissy because you can't get a toy. Sure it can suck. But just because we collect toys, doesn't mean we should act like children.
Have to agree wholeheartedly. Waited patiently for ironhide and prowl and finally got them. Will wait patiently again for coneheads. Will make all reasonable effort to get what makes me happy but won't lose sleep if I don't get it.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #2819
joedick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Yup, I'd be willing to bet that in the next trilogy series we get a new ironhide that turns into a van that doesn't have rocket boosters.

And not just new versions, hasbro loves to reissue stuff. I never thought I'd have another shot at Brainstorm, but here we are. Paying big bucks for hasbro stuff on the secondary market is foolish.
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:09 PM   #2820
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Just noticed that my wave 1 kingdom preorders still say Jan 6-8 for release, lets make start making bets on how delayed they are .... I'd was about so suggest some sort of drinking game, but my liver likely wouldn't be able to handle it.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote