Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #981
RodimusRocks
Machine War
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Pretty ridiculous that the US has had Runabout and Thrust available at Target for a while while TRU has been completely silent on whether or not they're actually gonna get them.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #982
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Pretty ridiculous that the US has had Runabout and Thrust available at Target for a while while TRU has been completely silent on whether or not they're actually gonna get them.
Same deal with Red Wing that took about a year to show up and was gone within hours.

And there's others, but that's the one that sticks out the most for me.

So meh... that's the "fun" that everyone has with the whole exclusive thing and why some fans are giving up.

Complaining about any figure that isn't out because it's readily available in the US is fairly status quo now.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #983
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Same deal with Red Wing that took about a year to show up and was gone within hours.

And there's others, but that's the one that sticks out the most for me.

So meh... that's the "fun" that everyone has with the whole exclusive thing and why some fans are giving up.

Complaining about any figure that isn't out because it's readily available in the US is fairly status quo now.
I'm new to collecting so I wasn't aware about the limited window to get these guys. Oh boy that's gonna be rough.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #984
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:

runabout hit stores and online orders sent but i dont think they have thrust just yet. And there's Asia.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	48041  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #985
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripnite View Post
Any chance we can get these online sighting threads moved to the Sightings forum? Wouldn’t it make more sense in there?
That section is for retail sightings only. This is also a discussion thread. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #986
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Thrust had a short preorder window that was closed within an hour at Target.com but aside from that there has been no news of him since in the US.

TRU will get him, we just have to be patient.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #987
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thrust had a short preorder window that was closed within an hour at Target.com but aside from that there has been no news of him since in the US.

TRU will get him, we just have to be patient.
If it's in store only I'll probably miss it depending on how long the lockdown will be in Toronto. Could be a few more months of stores being closed with how high our new infections are.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #988
Janitor
Classic

Fast Track back in stock, regular price tho

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../64B50A37.html
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:12 AM   #989
cripnite
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
That section is for retail sightings only. This is also a discussion thread. Thanks.
So online retailers don’t count? Can we not split the sightings to a thread there and discussion elsewhere so we’re not sifting through pages of discussion to get to the meat and potatoes of sightings? Surely there’s a better way.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:49 AM   #990
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripnite View Post
So online retailers don’t count? Can we not split the sightings to a thread there and discussion elsewhere so we’re not sifting through pages of discussion to get to the meat and potatoes of sightings? Surely there’s a better way.
Personally, I don't mind it. Way back when, people made a stink about discussions happening in the BC retail sightings thread, so they broke the discussion off into it's own section. Guess what happened? The sightings thread turned into a ghost town for a long time. And the discussion thread wasn't all that active either.

Sightings promote discussion. Discussion is incentive for people to go to the sightings thread to make a post or comment. Separation kills the spontaneity to it all, so less people are actively posting.

And honestly, I also think the discussion makes it just a little more difficult for anyone who only comes here to leech off the community, like scalpers, without contributing. And I'm OK with that.