Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
devilsknight
Banned
Why are Americans so anal bout customs

I seem all too often to get these guys.

I asked if it was possible to mark the item as a gift when shipping me an item.

Last time i got the whole 9 yards about him being monitored by the US Government.

This time a new seller emails me back accusing me of being unpatriotic and of supporting terrorism because i asked him to mark it as a gift...wtf is wrong with people down there ?! Was he waving an American flag while he wrote the email too ?!? I gotta find out on day what's is up with them and these patriotic messages they send me when i ask about customs...it's not even American made, it was probably made by some 10 year old boy in China !

I almost feel pity for the people down there.

Last edited by devilsknight; 08-17-2007 at 09:58 PM.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Why are Americans so anal bout customs

I had a US seller refuse to sell to me once after he found out I was Canadian. Didn't want the item to leave his country. I posted the message online and he got tons of hate mail from Americans stating how it's people like him that give the US such a bad image to the rest of the world.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
devilsknight
Banned

I wish i could post it somewhere on eBay where people could read it. He sent me my money back, i emailed him back asking him to complete the transaction and that it was just a question. I'm not even gonna touch the terrorist thing with him then i'll never get it.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
chisau

I never had such a problem. it sounds to me that he just don't want to pay for the shipping fee and decided to back out on the sale and use the unpatriotic thing as an excuse.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
This time a new seller emails me back accusing me of being unpatriotic and of supporting terrorism because i asked him to mark it as a gift...wtf is wrong with people down there ?.
No way! Who is he? A seller told me the exact same thing back then when I bought him Classics Devy! Plus, he wanted to charge me $28 for shipping... he actually paid $8. What a tard.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

that sounds along the lines of the 'downloading music supports terrorism' sort of argument...or something. There's so much wrapped up into certain mentalities that I just don't try to understand sometimes.

I always message US sellers after winning asking to please mark as a gift and (sometimes) as $30 or less, explaining that it helps me not get hit with customs/duties fees. Almost everyone's fine with the gift part but some have said they will only mark the value as what the item sold for. Usually gift avoids any fees for me on its own anyways, I can't understand why anyone should have a problem with that unless they are a business paying taxes and don't want to mess their books up.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
PrimeConvoy
Machine War

I had a couple encounters like that on ebay a few years back. Once after I won my item I had requested for my total shipping amount and the sellers reply back just shooting Canada down, said he wont send to our sad so called country, even though it said otherwise in his listing. I email him back and never got and reply so I contacted ebay and left him negitive feedback...

I think it really stupid when things like that happen, I dont understand why shippping up here can be such a issue or a problem, but I guess people have there reason
Old 08-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
SoundBlaster

if a delivery does get hit with extra taxes from customs...what happens, the delivery still comes and i pay the delivery guy? or what?
SoundBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Yup. You can't have your goodies until you pay the customs. Delvery guy will collect your money. Cash or credit card.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeConvoy View Post
but I guess people have there reason
Reasons being ignorance and lazyness.