Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Covain
Machine War
Angry Rant time - Fewer people shipping to Canada

Lately while I have been hunting around on eBay I am finding that more and more people are not shipping to Canada and now, while looking at sales posts in the 2005 board I see people even on the boards are going this way. What the hell is going on? The Cdn dollar is the strongest it's been in roughly 30 years and I can't take bloody advantage of it. What is the big hassle with shipping here? Is it customs / postal or people just being to dam lazy and ignorant. If people are not shipping because of bad deals with others then why penalize an entire COUNTRY. Idiots!!!! It's petty I know but I get great pleasure when I see an auction go for very little because these idiots don't open it up to more buyers and increase the market. Hell Dam-Ass Morons!!!!!!!!!!!
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Rant time - Fewer people shipping to Canada

I've never had an issue shipping stuff south of the border. However, I also make sure anything I send is trackable, as I need to cover my ass. This costs a little more, but I'm not willing to take the chance. Same thing when I get things shipped to me from the US... I want it trackable/insurable.

Maybe the customs forms are really complicated sending things up here. I do think it is retarded that they are unwilling to send things up here. I agree it is nice to see auctions go for less than they could go if they opened it up to N. America at least.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

I made a rant about htis a year and a half ago LOL
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

I don't like how people in the States charge a maxed out flat rate 'international' shipping charge and we have to pay as much as to China when sometimes we're an hour away. I've only made a couple of ebay purchases from the US, now that I'm getting into collecting g1 boxes though it seems I'm going to have to look to the south more frequently.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Vangelus
Beast Machine

I just check a few things, in terms of ebay.

-If there's a given -specified- Canadian shipping rate, that's a plus.

-If I can contact the seller for a Canadian shipping rate, that's a plus.

-If the rate is what I've come to accept as reasonable shipping to BC ($8-$15), that's a plus.

Just gotta feel them out. As for reasons why people -don't- ship outside of their country, I suspect the customs process is simply too daunting/time-consuming for some to consider.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Synch
Beasty

The shiping prices have changed in the u.s. to canada so shiping supposidly costs a LOT more now than it use too... I think thats causing a lot of people to bail of late as well.

What I find annoying is those who over charge for shiping now there prices are even higher :S E bay is going to take a hit for sure though profit wise because of alll this I think though ...
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Shipping is still cheaper in the US than it is here... I just received my TF Universe Sunstreaker and shipping was only $4.66 for them to ship it to Canada. If I was to ship the same package the same way it would cost me $10 ot $15.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

One of the big reasons I see is that shipping international from the US is such a huge pain in the ass. It is cheaper for sure but there is no real tracking unless you pay extra for it and you have to fill out tons of paperwork and include invoices for everything. I bring down a lot of international packages and then ship them USPS as Canada Post is so expensive.

One other huge minus is that the numbers that do come with each of the international paperwork is not valid with Payapl so a lot of the time sellers loose money when someone files for a not received claim and paypal sides with the buyer.

It is just so much easier to ship within the US. Sorry to be the voice of reason. Does not mean I agree with it.

Spencer.
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #9
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

I hear ya.... you see their customs forms? It's like applying for a student loan.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
-KG-
Kranix

It's almost at the point where it's not worth buying anything from the US. You have to pay for the item, then a lot of time they want you to pay $20 or more for shipping, then you have to deal with custom charges. This year I've had to pay $70, $35, and $25 customs charges. Unless I get a real deal I've stopped buying anything from outside of Canada.
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote