Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #521
hugh_da_man
Armada
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Is there even a point in calling and getting the coupon applied since they won't ship till after the coupon expires? My fear is that they just arbitrarily cancel the coupon orders rather than deal with the hassle.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #522
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I asked multiple times, and the guy assured that I will be getting the discount. I never get any email, but then I have a reference number after I called.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #523
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I asked multiple times, and the guy assured that I will be getting the discount. I never get any email, but then I have a reference number after I called.
But if they wait until the coupon expires you won't have much of an argument regardless of what anyone told you.

That and if they just cancel those orders to avoid dealing with the issue you don't really have much to do other than angrily boycott them.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #524
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
But if they wait until the coupon expires you won't have much of an argument regardless of what anyone told you.

That and if they just cancel those orders to avoid dealing with the issue you don't really have much to do other than angrily boycott them.
That sounds like a terrible business decision to me. If they really didn't want to honour the coupon code, then they probably would have refused to accept them after the fact in the first place. It doesn't make sense to promise your customer something and then take it away when you could have just said no to begin with.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #525
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:

Why are you being so negative? I don't see toys r us or any big company would cancel anyone's order unless they don't have enough to fill the orders. So what if we really don't get the discount? There is nothing to lose as long as we get our Soundwave, that's the most important right now.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #526
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
That sounds like a terrible business decision to me. If they really didn't want to honour the coupon code, then they probably would have refused to accept them after the fact in the first place. It doesn't make sense to promise your customer something and then take it away when you could have just said no to begin with.
I don't really think TRU is known for good business decisions...that's the reason for my hesitation in trying for the discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
Why are you being so negative? I don't see toys r us or any big company would cancel anyone's order unless they don't have enough to fill the orders. So what if we really don't get the discount? There is nothing to lose as long as we get our Soundwave, that's the most important right now.
Not trying to be negative, just trying to decide if I want to try to get the 25% discount or not.

I think I won't bother though because like you said, getting Soundwave is the most important thing and I don't want to give TRU any reason to screw with my order.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #527
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I think I won't bother though because like you said, getting Soundwave is the most important thing and I don't want to give TRU any reason to screw with my order.
+1

The priority for me is to get a MP Soundwave first. Call me whatever you want but I don't want to end up empty-handed.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #528
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

For anybody who wants to get their preorder in for MP Soundwave and MP Acid Storm at TRU.ca do it now because they are back up on the site it seems.
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #529
Hawkeye
Generation 2

So it is. I can't believe they wont fill preorders if they're putting it up for sale *again*.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #530
dOubleO
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMetalMonkey View Post
For anybody who wants to get their preorder in for MP Soundwave and MP Acid Storm at TRU.ca do it now because they are back up on the site it seems.
Thanks...order now think later

Although date has been pushed to end of the year
dOubleO is offline   Reply With Quote