Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How Was The Episode
Excellent! 24 64.86%
Good 11 29.73%
Passable 2 5.41%
Terrible! 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
ohnaji
Beasty
Re: Transformers Animated Episode 23 Official Disscussion

Didn't think this episode was terrible, but it could've been better. The animation quality was excellent this week, and it made watching the fight scenes fun.
The Dinobots appearing in yet another useless cameo was lame. I have to question why these characters are so under utilized and undeveloped.
The logic in this episode was bewildering as well. The Decepticons are bigger and more powerful. The Autobots should be trying to become stronger to face them, but after 20 eps. they only have Sari's key as their sole tactical advantage. It's absurd to spin Prowl's modifications into some sort of morality play. The theme of new power equals responsibility was covered in the Nanosec episode. The notion of revisiting and retreading on previously explored subjects, just to fulfill a merchandising bottom line is a hollow excuse. What's even worse is that Prowl gave it all up in the end.
Starscream and his clone army was a nice surprise. That was pretty cool and a refreshing new concept to Transformer lore. I really liked Lockdown's poncho mode. It's a goofy fun design.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
Nocturn
Previously Dead

This episode was great.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
Batman
The Dark Knight

I loved it Lockdown is my favourite animated character and it was great seeing him again.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Ditto. I really wished this was how he was from the beginning, as his current colour scheme reminds me of something Thundercracker might have.
If you've (spoilers) seen TC from Animated, you'd know that he has a LOOOOONG way to go before he looks anything like Thundercracker.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
If you've (spoilers) seen TC from Animated, you'd know that he has a LOOOOONG way to go before he looks anything like Thundercracker.
I haven't actually. Link me. :P Only reason I said that however, is that his current colour scheme is very similar to that of the repainted Thundercracker from the movie line.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Only reason I said that however, is that his current colour scheme is very similar to that of the repainted Thundercracker from the movie line.
Bah, you don't need to explain yourself since you are far from alone in thinking this. Many, many, many people originally thought - and still *do* think - that Starscream's color scheme looks like Thundercracker... and that's because it does. You can't paint a Seeker in blues & grays and not have people immediately think of TC anymore than you can paint one in purples & blacks and not have them instantly think of Skywarp.

Split Lip is correct in the sense that once you see Animated Thundercracker by comparison, the differences are more obvious. But on his own, Starscream does indeed look more like TC than he does himself by traditional standards of whites, grays & reds.

Being that they maintained the general established color schemes for Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Blitzwing, Jazz, etc., I kind of wish they applied it to Screamer as well since I personally think his original colors are just as iconic as the other guys, and after seeing todays episode, look better on that design model. My guess is that they wanted to visually redefine him the same way they did with Prowl.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
I took the liberty of posting the poll and thread, lol let the mods sleep in for a change, i loved this episode, the armor sidecar is sweet, i loved the starscream clones, and the brief appearance of the dinobots, what was with lockdown's poncho? it made me laugh

You mean to tell me you failed to get the reference to Clint Eastwood's character from A Fistful of Dollars, the second riff this episode made in regards to referencing the spaghetti westerns made by Eastwood? I mean the whole team up with Lockdown in general likens to Eastwood and the other bounty hunters' teaming up in A Few Dollars More. The poncho was not only a nod to those classic films and Eastwood's character, but in a sense it was also a little tip of the hat to Armada Scavenger who also debuted wearing a similar poncho.

You fail at the geek points this round my friend.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
You mean to tell me you failed to get the reference to Clint Eastwood's character from A Fistful of Dollars, the second riff this episode made in regards to referencing the spaghetti westerns made by Eastwood? I mean the whole team up with Lockdown in general likens to Eastwood and the other bounty hunters' teaming up in A Few Dollars More. The poncho was not only a nod to those classic films and Eastwood's character, but in a sense it was also a little tip of the hat to Armada Scavenger who also debuted wearing a similar poncho.

You fail at the geek points this round my friend.
lol, i never watched armada, and i don't watch westerns, so i concede

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #19
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

One would have to wonder if Hasbro or perhaps even FansProject will_make_a version of this armour/sidecar. It's simply awesome.

Highpoint for me was the pending showdown (Autobots vs. Decepticons) with most of the main cast present...and Bulkhead crashing in after the fact.

The quality of this series is excellent...I eagerly await each episode. :-)
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
One would have to wonder if Hasbro or perhaps even FansProject will_make_a version of this armour/sidecar. It's simply awesome.
Good news for you - it's already been confirmed by Hasbro themselves that they ARE making a sidecar/armor version of Prowl. Apparently they even showed teaser pics of what it looks like @ BotCon. No cameras were allowed during that particular part of the convention, so there's (currently) no pics of it floating around the interweb.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote