Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #31
nuropa
Robot in Disguise
Re: Rant time - Fewer people shipping to Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
yah i understand that...but what does it have to do with his business and effecting his profits ?!
you can take it two ways, one he is saying he is an e-bay business, he reports his ebay earning to the government, so there can't be discrepancies including his shipping records. or he is saying that he does large volume and can't fulfill every buyer's special request.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 AM   #32
Synch
Beasty

Quote:
I've had two times that seller's in the US have pissed me off...once was when i bought a complete G1 Sludge off eBay for $35 shipped...which was all fine and dandy until I went to pickup the item and they informed me of a customs fee of $40 Canadian...i'm like wtf...i check the declared value he marked it as $150US...i sent back the package right there, and never got my money back from that scam artist...
!
You should have just paid it and fought customs for it which you can do if the item is labeled wrong... the ebay auction is you're proof theres no reason for that really... I have read of this happening before and the guy had to fill out a buncha forms and such but he got his $$$ back I think!

Allso if you said to ship it back to the seller well... odds are they THEN made that guy pay the shiping charges & the customs fees to go with it ... Returning the item to the original owner is not simply a nice customer service act by the po :P
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #33
devilsknight
Banned

It's ok now, the guy explained to me secretly in an email why he said he couldn't tell me over email why he couldn't lower the customs declaration and mark it as a gift

The U.S. Government monitors his emails !!!

...yah...I'm not joking either...

lol
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #34
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Ha! That is funny, the govenment monitors his email? I find that a little hard to believe.

On the other hand, if he ever did get audited and was asked to provide proof of everything he sent out and values, if he lies on one and it does not match up, there are penalties and fees for that.

Sounds to me like this guy is a little on the paranoid side of things.

Spencer.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #35
Covain
Beasty

I have had a couple of items arrive where the seller thought they were doing me a favor by indicating a higher value on the customs form. All you have to do is printo out a copy of the auction final value and mail it along with the customs form with tha package to get a refund.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #36
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covain View Post
I have had a couple of items arrive where the seller thought they were doing me a favor by indicating a higher value on the customs form. All you have to do is printo out a copy of the auction final value and mail it along with the customs form with tha package to get a refund.
I didn't know you could do this. Crap! Last year I won an auction for Energon Ironhide for $1.00. He declared it at retail price and I got nailed on it. Wish I had know this back then.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 AM   #37
kidkid

Quote:
It's ok now, the guy explained to me secretly in an email why he said he couldn't tell me over email why he couldn't lower the customs declaration and mark it as a gift

The U.S. Government monitors his emails !!!

...yah...I'm not joking either...

lol
Government monitors his email....lmfao That's totally bs....

I don't know, there are still some good sellers from the US, I received my Devastator today, there is no duty fee or anything, it's only 42 dollars canadian with shipping and everything. U just have to check pretty often to see if anyone is selling from the US.

Last edited by kidkid; 05-30-2007 at 02:35 AM.
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote