Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2021, 09:04 PM   #151
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!
Re: I just transformed...

Studio Series Dino.

Some pretty cool stuff going on with him, instead of just having the whole top part of the car becoming a full on back pack, it actually becomes the rear half of his torso and folds up quite well.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:03 AM   #152
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Red starscream really flimsy.
But good enough.
But not $40 good enough.
$15.99 tops.
Compared to Motu deluxe figures for $14.99+tax.
SAme amount of plastic.
Baffles the mind.
He's cool though.
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #153
Nocturn
Previously Dead

ROTF Stratosphere.

Both thighs exploded when I tried to move the knees.

Damn GPS.

In the bin he goes...
Old 06-13-2021, 10:45 AM   #154
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Transformed a bunch of new gets from (non-essential lockdown lifted) roadtrips this weekend

Kingdom Core Megs, a barrel of fun! Got core OP, these guys belong together
Noticed too late that his head has a ton of scratches on back-left side of his helmet, natch
Baffling that he has no wheels at all! Alt mode a paperweight

Kingdom Airrazor, wings look OK so far my copy! She's smaller than I thought, godbless that whole "scale" initiative
Used the instructions to avoid causing stressmarks/damage myself
Having her a bird is pretty fun; standing w/ wings "wrapped" like cape shoulders, is pretty hilarious - wish the wingtips could raise above 90 degrees

Kingdom Dinobot, holy crap! Love this guy
Wife got the MP on the shelf and of course can't be beat (can't open this bot mouth), but this is the fiddler to the MP's display piece - he's even a bit hefty himself, got thick legs for days
I'm experiencing the dino thigh panel bit where one side won't clip closed properly, but I figure I'll keep at it
Bought two copies so the wife could have one, so there's two creepin in different places around the living room, awesome

Netflix Deeseus blah blah black Ironhide! Passed on Siegehide (though got Crosshairs & ER hide/ratchet), and this guy is only $19 right now, so whatever, I know the mold is fun
Been fiddling with this guy all weekend

SS86 Scourge, tryin to be real cautious about the action poses and those painted thighs
transformation pretty simple considering, and he's gonna be in this mode PROB all the time, LOL (wervenom's pic)

Also got Netflix Cheetus & Kingdom Inferno, but haven't had time to convert Inferno yet, and prob not gonna transform NF Cheetor since my (thrift-store find Kingdom version) broke in two places and now lives in cat mode; figure they can just "co-exist"

Last edited by evenstaves; 06-13-2021 at 10:47 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #155
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Tried going through my (previously opened) Netflix Bumblebee a little while ago, but I can't seem to get the hood and car front to sit flush with the rest of the side panels. Doesn't help that I realized his entire chest is blue transparent plastic painted over and that it tabs in super tight once the car hood is in place...

Just left him in the Detolf for now.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:43 PM   #156
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Studio Series 86 Hot Rod from bot to vehicle. Pretty neat looking, just don’t look under the car or from the back end, lol. Kind of miss the hood becoming the chest, I wonder if a modified version of Sideswipe’s transformation scheme could have pulled it off. The faux chest thing works for some characters for me but with Hot Rod it just feels so different from what I’m use to with this character. Posable AF though and bot mode looks real good. I wonder what he’ll be reused as?
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #157
dang3ross
Machine War

MMC Exitus.. I probably transformed this mold a brazillion of times and he is perfect for anyone collecting MTMTE bots. Great representation of Getaway. I do prefer him with brighter colors but I may do some custom painting.
dang3ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #158
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post

I'm experiencing the dino thigh panel bit where one side won't clip closed properly, but I figure I'll keep at it
I noticed that if you rotate the top of the shoulder pads to point outwards, it should sit flush.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #159
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Just transformed:

Kingdom Dinobot - Pretty good figure overall. The beast mode could be better, especially the hands. I get they need to be in that position to tuck into the sides, but they're pretty bad. Also, a thigh swivel would make the leg possibility 100x better. Other than that, pretty good.

ER Runamuck - Good mold, I like the nods to G1, but the legs are really hollow. The backpack doesn't tab in at the top securely but it's a minor complaint. I like how the back wheels tuck in. The first time transforming it, the backpack hinge was super tight and since it's all clear plastic, it was definitely scary.

Kingdom Rectonite - Not bad, I wish the frill clips on more securely because it falls off if you look at it wrong. The leg possibility is kinda janky, it's almost there, but it feels off. I feel the arms are a bit too long and I wish there was some hands sculpted in, but overall it's a fun bot to mess around with. Can't wait for Wingfinger for the fossil-combiner.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:33 AM   #160
Marcotron
Robot Master

I picked up a $28 Starscream at Toysrus on Friday. Thank you to the Ontario Sightings thread for telling me about that sale.

Great Starscream! Scaled up from the classics mold, and looks the part. I need to make some space in my cabinet for him, but he'll replace my classics Starscream for sure.
I wish the shoulders had a little more poseability to make him able to aim forwards without just raising his arm straight. Maybe some kind of butterfly joint in the shoulder.
Also, unclipping the chest has me a little worried for breakage because there's no way to unclip it without bending it around the thing it snaps on to.
Anyways, it makes a nice big jet, and my kid had a lovely time flying it around making pew pew sounds.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote