Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #11
mcmus
Animated
Re: Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice??

I thought you can get a copy of the online order receipt on TRU site under the order history section or from the order/shipped emails.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #12
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post

So they got my address wrong, did nothing to fix it, sent it via the wrong method...the courier was going to dump my products as TRU changed my address to the wrong one again so I couldnt even pick up, despite having to take time off work to fix the issue they created after almost two weeks of the same problem. They ignored all the issues for a week while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items....still ignored any help after more than a week on time sensitive issues...all after requests were made for help from svp, management and formal complaints process request. Still never heard from them since the 4th of Jan.
I recently had some issues (but I'm guessing it's more of CanPost's issue) where my package was sitting at a Shoppers, but they placed the pick up slip elsewhere in the community box. I have a confirmation email from TRU, so it should show your address and what was ordered.

I contacted them and they said to wait until the item is shipped back to them after not being picked up and they credited me the full amount. I was also given the alternative to have a replacement item sent to me, but I decided not to have a repeat. I never did see the item, but I got my refund.

The CSR was very helpful and the issue was pretty much resolved within a few business days.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #13
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
I also don't quite understand this part:

"while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items..."

Why would the items be trashed? Why would the courier open the package? How do you know there was no invoice if you never got the stuff?

I'm sure you have a legitimate issue, but you need to provide a much clearer timeline of events. If this is the way you're expressing your concerns, the people at TRU are probably just as confused as the people here.
To be honest, I am not writing the issues here to recount the issue over and over again, I am here to see if anyone has contact information or advice on who to speak with to resolve these issues, as complex as they can be.

That being said, of course I do not send jumbled issues to TRU or Visa or anyone else, but I am not here to whinge about what happened, as no one here would be able to solve the issue as they are not the company or Visa, it is to see if anyone found another path to a resolution when they found problems with that specific retailer or others.

For the chargeback, it depends who is investigating it...it seems as if you were not served well on the second order you mentioned above and you should appeal it if you had the information to prove your products were delivered to the buyer.

Part of their process is to have the correct address matched with the correct name. Since TRU made so many errors and kept on changing the address, I was unable to access my own order due to their actions. I spoke with Visa, I know them well, and in this scenario if the address and receiver do not match and it is unable to be intercepted, due to address change the parcels are either returned to retailer or trashed after a limited period of time. I required TRU to communicate with me and the courier to receive the packages back...since they never responded the courier was opting to trash the parcels...I was able to get them to hold off on it, with much effort over 2 weeks due to a lack of help and communication from TRU.

Parcels were opened as a last measure to prove the items were mine by the courier in an unorthodox measure to resolve the problem to find the correct address and tracking numbers, but without the receipts/packing info. the problem persisted. Still silence from TRU on the issue.

Even if there was confusion on what occurred, which happens when a company screws up several times over, the source of the problems that is making it very complicated to resolve is the lack of assistance. Without communication it is almost impossible to resolve any issues. These problems were also all caused by TRU.ca, after much discussion with them to follow their own shipping policy. After many requests were made and escalated...they ignored further resolutions. They did nothing to clean up their own mess.

Cheers, thanks for your help.
MilanX3

Last edited by MilanX3; 01-13-2018 at 02:52 AM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:46 AM   #14
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
I thought you can get a copy of the online order receipt on TRU site under the order history section or from the order/shipped emails.
To return items you require the packing slip that comes with the items and another page to send the items back as an option. I was missing these, no documentation sent with the items. Receipts can be found online without issue, but you need the packing slip to return in store or the other page to return via post.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:00 AM   #15
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I recently had some issues (but I'm guessing it's more of CanPost's issue) where my package was sitting at a Shoppers, but they placed the pick up slip elsewhere in the community box. I have a confirmation email from TRU, so it should show your address and what was ordered.

I contacted them and they said to wait until the item is shipped back to them after not being picked up and they credited me the full amount. I was also given the alternative to have a replacement item sent to me, but I decided not to have a repeat. I never did see the item, but I got my refund.

The CSR was very helpful and the issue was pretty much resolved within a few business days.
Yes, that is odd as it sounds like your post office screwed up...I know for my PotP items id likely never see them again as they often do not restock and I used coupons with a sale price, so it was worth trying to resolve without anything being sent back to TRU. Also, since the didnt communicate with me and the sent it via courier, the courier needed contact info and to discuss the issues with TRU as well...with silence from them it made things so much worse. Visa advised as well might be complicated if the parcels were lost in the end as there was so many issues with id and destination. I wish I had a decent CSR to help...glad you got your issues resolved. If they made an error, and you can still find what u want they will usually honour the sale price it seems.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:32 AM   #16
79transam
Machine War

If you know Visa well, (perhaps from similar occurances) I suspect that there's a pattern here.

Moving forward I suggest making your information less complicated. From this thread, I can tell that it would benefit you to stick to a more easy to understand form of making your point. Good luck in future endeavors man.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #17
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

I’m baffled that any courier would be in contact with you and trust your story enough to open your packages, but not simply deliver them to you.
Lioconvoy81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
I’m baffled that any courier would be in contact with you and trust your story enough to open your packages, but not simply deliver them to you.
I did not create the issues, and TRU would not help, so Purolator was trying to find some resolution they could act upon.

I work in financials and fraud, its why I know Visa and their process well. Thanks for your support.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #19
Hoffman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post

Can't you just pick up from the PO with ID and proof of address (utility bill or something)?
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:38 PM   #20
Hoffman
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
To be honest, I am not writing the issues here to recount the issue over and over again, I am here to see if anyone has contact information or advice on who to speak with to resolve these issues, as complex as they can be.

That being said, of course I do not send jumbled issues to TRU or Visa or anyone else, but I am not here to whinge about what happened, as no one here would be able to solve the issue as they are not the company or Visa, it is to see if anyone found another path to a resolution when they found problems with that specific retailer or others.
I'm not trying to be harsh, but you really can't go somewhere and ask people for help if you don't want to explain the details of your problem.

I asked for details only because I've worked in management in retail, and there are sometimes specific ways to get the best attention in order to get your issues resolved.

I still don't think your account of what happened is particularly clear as evidenced by the responses here. Did TRU receive your items back? Regardless of whether there was an invoice in the package, they should be able to reference the Purolator documents to find out what order it belongs to.

If you've run it up the chain with TRU.ca customer service, the only other hail mary option I would suggest would be to see if you can get the contact info for a district or regional manager from your local store. Obviously they don't work directly with the online branch, but they may be able to push a bit to get your issue resolved. I don't know though, I don't know how the TRU management structure works, they might just tell you to call the CS line.

If you don't think you'll get anywhere with Visa, you might just be out of luck. The chargeback is kind of the last resort to just get your money back, so if that doesn't work there's really no other option. And really, once you've initiated that, there's no real incentive for TRU to work with you any further on the issue.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote