Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
The Chaos Cometh ? Unicron Crowdfunding Has 3 Days Left!

It seems like it was just yesterday when Hasbro unveiled the Chaos Bringer to the world and opened crowd funding for the project.* Now we are in the home stretch with 3 days left!* It’s close, there are over 5200 orders in with 8,000 needed to go into production.* If you are on the fence, now is the time.** Grab your copy or copies and help push the big guy over the galactic finish line. You can read all about the (potentially) biggest Transformer ever made and put your orders in over at the Haslab site here!

The post The Chaos Cometh – Unicron Crowdfunding Has 3 Days Left! appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 08-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: The Chaos Cometh ? Unicron Crowdfunding Has 3 Days Left!

I'm a backer but I dont think it will make it considering they need around 923 backers per day. I mean I feel like it is doing better than the Cookie Monster did but I have a feeling he is gonna fail.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 AM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I'm a backer but I dont think it will make it considering they need around 923 backers per day. I mean I feel like it is doing better than the Cookie Monster did but I have a feeling he is gonna fail.
I'm the opposite. I'm not a backer, but I think it will miraculously make it in the final day.

I just personally can't see it being another fail for Haslab right after Cookie Monster. Especially since TFs are a Hasbro brand, and one of their biggest money makers.

If I'm wrong, oh well.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Thanks for being sucker backers and ruining the franchise for everyone....just look at the most recent proposed hikes.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

I've been really on the fence about this...

Armada Unicron was something that got me back into Transformers. I grew up in the 80's and had always wanted a Unicron figure.

This is more detailed, larger, better alt mode, etc and I should love it, but I don't. I guess it's a lot of little things. I can afford it, but it still seems excessive. The size is just going to make it hard to find a spot for or move around or mess around with.

I'm finding more and more these days that I like the "toys" more than the "collectible" side of Transformers. For example my main part of my collection is CHUG/Seige/etc and I find I'm selling off most masterpieces. I'm only currently buying Beast Wars masterpieces as they come out.

I know I should like the masterpieces more than common figures, but I don't. It's almost like they've gone too far in terms of everything - engineering, price, size, details, etc. It's weird that something could be "too good" at what it is so you don't like it much anymore. I think MP Soundwave may have been the best balance of things for me.

BTW - this is coming from someone who owns a Prime 1 Beast Wars Megatron statue. So it's not that I'm adverse to overspending occasionally.

I'm super-interested to see where this crowd funding ends. I really don't know if it will fund or not.

Like I said, I don't feel that I want it, but a part of me has that fear of missing out if it does fund and is amazing. I think, though, I'll resist.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote