Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-09-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
TFcon Toronto 2022 ? 3rd Party Panel Slides In Full

TFcon Toronto 2022 is under way this weekend and the crew over there were kind enough to send through the 3rd Party Panel slides in full!* Read on to check out all that was shown from the various companies.* Make sure to hit the Third Party Discussion Forum to talk about each project! # # # Moon Studio 01 Studio 01S02 Seed Iron Factory Group Shot (L-R): IF EX-45M Kagami Shishimaru (SG Samurai Lio Convoy) IF EX-48 Hannyamaru (Samurai Cyclonus) IF EX-45 Yoroi Shishimaru (Samurai Lio Convoy) IF EX52T Twin-Edged Blade Norimune Tsuki (AOE Drift) IF EX-53 Oni » Continue Reading.

The post TFcon Toronto 2022 ? 3rd Party Panel Slides In Full appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 07-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles
Re: TFcon Toronto 2022 ? 3rd Party Panel Slides In Full

Parkour has me!
No XTB though - huge dump incoming I guess.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Moon Studio and Fans Hobby for me. 1 or 2 of the Fans Toys and that's about it for me
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

The Toys Easy stuff looks neat. Are they based on anything, or are they just transforming ships and whatever that big cannon thing is? Also liking Armada Fematron.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:50 AM   #5
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I guess it was bound to happen when you have been around this fandom for so long (nearly 20 years) and collected even longer.

I feel like there is nothing new here. Between Hasbro's constant rehashing, and 3rd party pillaging each other, this all seems like more of the same with incrementally better paint and design. Toy Easy seems to be the most risk taking, but otherwise it gives me a sense of "meh."

Granted I am not much for MPs or 3rd party anymore so I'm not the target audience. However I guess it is just spillover of my feelings about TFs in general right now.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:00 AM   #6
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

I feel like there is nothing new here. Between Hasbro's constant rehashing, and 3rd party pillaging each other, this all seems like more of the same with incrementally better paint and design. Toy Easy seems to be the most risk taking, but otherwise it gives me a sense of "meh."

Agreed that the CHUG line lately has been redoing old characters, but isn't that the point? Legacy's whole deal is about bringing back the old to be new.
With Knockout and Bulkhead there, who were new 10 years ago, you get a full scope of looking back.

I like having a few new characters mixed in, like a Lockdown, Windblade, Drift, etc.

We got an MP Doubledealer. Haven't had that before.
FT Powerglide is looking good, and only DX9 had done a Powerglide, what, 6 years ago?

It's cool, but most of G1 Season 1-3 is done in MP. There are some gaps, but everything worth doing is done. The only option is to redo ones from a while ago (Hound please, and FT Cliffjumper looks good to me, with a cartoonish squished alt-mode. Love it.).

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote