Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Superion and Bruticus Released

The extra parts should have been black or grey to minimally simulate real life weapons. The mismatched clear parts don't look too good...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #12
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Superion Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
Are these really going for $29 in the US?
They're $29.99 USD. They had 8 at a Target I was at yesterday but I could only fit one in my bags.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #13
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
They're $29.99 USD. They had 8 at a Target I was at yesterday but I could only fit one in my bags.
What's the deal with the pricing? First the Sunstorm/Purplewave packs are higher than expected and now the ROTF combiners?

Is the American ownership of Zellers having a hard time with currency conversion and/or unsure of the Canadian market?

Or maybe they are trying to make Zellers more upscale in order to setup and introduce Target stores for Canada as the new economical choice?

Does anybody know anything about it?

P.S. they have not been released at my local Zellers anyway

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 06-02-2009 at 01:35 AM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #14
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
What's the deal with the pricing? First the Sunstorm/Purplewave packs are higher than expected and now the ROTF combiners?

Is the American ownership of Zellers having a hard time with currency conversion and/or unsure of the Canadian market?

Or maybe they are trying to make Zellers more upscale in order to setup and introduce Target stores for Canada as the new economical choice?

Does anybody know anything about it?

P.S. they have not been released at my local Zellers anyway
What ever the reason, its all economics. And it simply never comes down to just one reason.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #15
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I get the feeling that the reason they do it is because they can. I think I've said this before, many are willing to pay it. Evidence of this is dispite the hight price, stuff like purple wave moves off the shelf. I don't see him much on the shelves. I just wish that TRU or some other place does another 40% off sale so I can flip them the flyer and demand a discount.

A trip down to the states will definitely save you a few dollars but when you factor in the cost of gas and the time needed to go down there, it may or may not be worth it to you.

Damn that chaps my ass. I think 40-50 bucks would be the most reasonable price for the sets. Sigh
Sun Swipe Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #16
crimbot
Some Guy

I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse, but man these exclusive prices really irk me. first purple wave, then movie whirl at TRU and now this. I wonder what Hasbro recommends to these stores as the MSRP. That may be a good question for the next round of Hasbro questions, whenever that is.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #17
freakx2001
Transformers Animated
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions

$60? are you serious.. wow way to much!
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #18
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimbot View Post
I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse, but man these exclusive prices really irk me. first purple wave, then movie whirl at TRU and now this. I wonder what Hasbro recommends to these stores as the MSRP. That may be a good question for the next round of Hasbro questions, whenever that is.
When it comes to exclusives, they negotiate a unit and SRP, based on volume. Since they are purchasing the full run of the product. And at a lower volume than a mass released product.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
Uberman
Energon

I'll agree with what was said pretty much everywhere. The cost is terrible, and they really could have done something to curb the silly Energon weaponry stuff. That turns me off of most of the toys from that era. They really should have scrapped the goofy weapons, gone the extra step of molding new hands and feet, painted these guy in more "real world" colours [which goes with the ROTF branding], and then maybe that coulda justified the cost. But it still would be too expensive.

Aw well.
Uberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
astrana
Nexus Maximus

29.99 USD is a reasonable price consider you are getting 5 delux for 6 dollar each...

It just came to me now... maybe Zeller's use above mentality to price it. base each item on previous energon sales.... which is around 12-14CND a piece, 12 x 5 = 60

These sets are about 27 CND in private toy stores in China.
the wholesale price would probably be somewhere around 20CND which means it probably cost factories 12 CND for making these(probably way less). Since hasbro has its own cargo ships, shipping would cost merely a cent for each piece. they are already making about 200% profit on each item at 29.99 doesnt matter how cheap the sale gets,

"Evilsbro" will always make money(retailer will make money too).

For example, scout class ROTF on sale for 6.95 at TRU and people think it is cheap
A private toy stores in China is selling any 4 ROTF scout class for 15CND, thats less than 4CND each.

Last edited by astrana; 06-02-2009 at 12:29 PM.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bruticus, revenge of the fallen, superion