Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #11
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: OS KO Warbotron Bruticus

I bet most of the people here haven' thought about this might be the cause for price difference between KO and original ones, It's a fresh news from 2 weeks ago.

Medical waste from Chinese hospitals may have been recycled into plastic toys

http://www.plasticstoday.com/medical...93215465447187

Of course, I'm not say original 3rd party toys are better, because FPJ/MT/FT/... might using recycle plastic as well, since they don't have to follow the same standard as Hasbro/Takara. So to be on the safe side, stick with official products.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #12
Deception
Crossover

lmao ko owners might catch the cooties
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #13
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I bet most of the people here haven' thought about this might be the cause for price difference between KO and original ones, It's a fresh news from 2 weeks ago.

Of course, I'm not say original 3rd party toys are better, because FPJ/MT/FT/... might using recycle plastic as well, since they don't have to follow the same standard as Hasbro/Takara. So to be on the safe side, stick with official products.
Nice...chances are that this has likely been going on for a lot longer than what's cited in the article. And quite frankly, we shouldn't put more faith in big corps when it comes down to cutting corners, and saving a penny -- despite their standards. They all operate in the same place. Not to mentioned I've been duped before by big name corporations.

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 08:55 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #14
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
lmao ko owners might catch the cooties
I gave my nephew a KO this Christmas, what now? Has he got these cooties?

EDIT:
I've researched it..Best thing to do if you have a KO, zap it a good minute in your microwave at high power - that should kill 'em cooties good...

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #15
79transam
Machine War

Well for me personally, I'm tired of paying these astronomical prices for official. If a KO is cheaper, I'm getting that.

For collectors worried about what this is doing to the market... sell everything right now. Or just enjoy what you bought.

The aftermarket for Transformers is done. Over. Kaput. And it isn't just the KOs. It's 3rd party and also official with their constant reissues.

I buy them to enjoy. So, I avoid the hype, wait for a few versions to be released and then I buy them as either on sale or as a KO. The market is flooded. It's a buyers market. Works the same way as real estate.

I am enjoying the competitive pricing, enjoying the 3rd party offerings and the KO market as well. I have no brand loyalty- I have money. And if a company wants it, they need to appeal not to just my taste in transformers but my idea of what they should cost.

Last edited by 79transam; 01-02-2017 at 09:08 PM.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I havent tried looking but where did you find it that cheap? Saves me time asking directly lol.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #17
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
I havent tried looking but where did you find it that cheap? Saves me time asking directly lol.
PM'ed you.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:41 PM   #18
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post

Hmmm... Maybe the heat from melting down this medical waste plastic might kill any lingering bacteria and viruses on it before it's molded into the KO toys.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #19
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Just to be clear, I doubt you already have the Jinbao's version, from what I understand it isn't out yet. You probably mean the Wukong version, no?

From what I gather the Jinbao version is supposedly better quality than their feral rex, also non-simplified, however, plastic is slightly lesser quality (not matte, glossy) compared to the original warbotron. But for $120 for the set, wow, what can I say...I also can't imagine how I'd feel if I paid upwards of $500 for the originals. I'm starting to dislike this hobby...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...1094614/page-9
Whats to dislike? If one company doesnt mind taking intellectual property without paying Hasbro anything then its totally fair for the same to be done to them in some way. And now we get to have a complex figure for cheap, its an awesome hobby!
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #20
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Whats to dislike? If one company doesnt mind taking intellectual property without paying Hasbro anything then its totally fair for the same to be done to them in some way. And now we get to have a complex figure for cheap, its an awesome hobby!
Well, if you paid $1000 for a Tragically Hip Concert ticket because of scalpers, and later on you find out some dude gets one for face value, I doubt you'd be too happy. Just saying...
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote