Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
joelones
Beast Machine
OS KO Warbotron Bruticus

Just wondering on everyone's thoughts on the Jinbao OS KO Warbotron? It's a fraction of the cost. Any Jinbao feral Rex owners that can speak to the quality?
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
optimusb39
Animated
Re: OS KO Warbotron Bruticus

I have one of that set, the purple blast off and I gotta say the quality is exactly on par with the warbotron version, both the good and the bad. Both have the stress point on the hinge of the cockpit from having to stretch to clip over the shoulder pieces to form the shuttle. The solution is to bring the cockpit down into place first and then close the shoulder places under it. The plastic quality is great and the colours invoke g2 fruticus to me.
I also have the foxhound swindle ko, which isn't the same quality as the real one at all. The joints are tight but the plastic has a thinness and almost see through aperence due to the colour of yellow used and the tolerances for transformation are much looser overall. Still looks good but doesn't compare to the other options on the market. It doesn't help that the head on mine is actually a ko of the toyworld highway throttle bot with a blue Texas r anger handlebar mustache either. Definatelly not swindle, so I just renamed him ranger.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
joelones
Beast Machine

Just to be clear, I doubt you already have the Jinbao's version, from what I understand it isn't out yet. You probably mean the Wukong version, no?

From what I gather the Jinbao version is supposedly better quality than their feral rex, also non-simplified, however, plastic is slightly lesser quality (not matte, glossy) compared to the original warbotron. But for $120 for the set, wow, what can I say...I also can't imagine how I'd feel if I paid upwards of $500 for the originals. I'm starting to dislike this hobby...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...1094614/page-9

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
optimusb39
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Just to be clear, I doubt you already have the Jinbao Warbotron Bruticus, from what I understand it isn't out yet. You probably mean the Wukong version, no?

From what I gather the Jinbao version is supposedly better quality their feral rex, also non-simplified however, plastic is slightly lesser quality (not matte, glossy). But for $120 for the set, wow, what can I say...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...1094614/page-9
Yes I think your right, sorry I misread. It's still a good quality set from what I've seen in hand and on review. Gonna have to look up the one your talking about but I agree 120 is an amazing price! Any idea if they would be compatible? Could you potentially mix and match all three for variation?
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
Yes I think your right, sorry I misread. It's still a good quality set from what I've seen in hand and on review. Gonna have to look up the one your talking about but I agree 120 is an amazing price! Any idea if they would be compatible? Could you potentially mix and match all three for variation?
I'm just guessing but probably not due to the fact that Jinbao's version being 120% bigger than the original.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
Armagear
Scamper

The feral rex from jinbao, I would say, the plastic feels practically identical to the likes of Hasbro's Titan devastator. It starts looking pretty cheap when you look at the ratchets, since it seems like plastic way to fragile for its intent. The reviews on the feral rex set kinda gives you the same impression.
Now, what they did with the Bruticus set, seems waaay above and beyond their feral set.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #7
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armagear View Post
The feral rex from jinbao, I would say, the plastic feels practically identical to the likes of Hasbro's Titan devastator. It starts looking pretty cheap when you look at the ratchets, since it seems like plastic way to fragile for its intent. The reviews on the feral rex set kinda gives you the same impression.
Now, what they did with the Bruticus set, seems waaay above and beyond their feral set.
Yeah, agree totally. Just on the brawl figure alone, the inclusion of all those ratchets is music to my ears. Apparently other joints were strengthened as to be sturdy for combined mode - which is apparently what they were going for. I don't own the original so cannot say, but the Jinbao version can hold the combined mode gun with no issues.

Can't believe the set is priced where it is.

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
joelones
Beast Machine

Now let's put aside the fact that I can finally buy *a* warbotron bruticus for $120, this seriously has me worried as a collector -- as it should worry all of you.

Point 1).
The sad of state of our hobby is as such, where you could buy a $500 toy one day to have it knocked off another for a fraction of a price. Shouldn't we worry about future 3rd party purchases going forward? This is surely not an isolated event.

Point 2).
I can't image how I'd feel owning a warbotron knowing this (or buying one from a board member). I did noticed a couple of members trying to flip their warbotron for around $500, but is that really a fair asking price? I understand people trying to recoup their cash but seriously, if our toy market behaves like any market out there, can you really ask $500 and expect to sell your original warbotron for that price?

Just trying to understand this market...

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #9
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Because its a knock off and they want to make money
You silly people that spent $400 plus for the real thing..lol
The purple one of feral rex looks cool
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #10
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
You silly people that spent $400 plus for the real thing..lol
If you're serious, I kind of think that's unfair and I do hope you're joking.

My point was not to highlight anyone's silliness (not like anyone could anticipate Jinbao's version) or greed, rather it was to question the market dynamics of our hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Because its a knock off and they want to make money
No kidding professor, you don't say?!!? lol. Everybody's driven by greed, no doubt. But to say I have an *authentic* warbotron - does that really mean something? Are they even still around? It's clearly not like saying I have an official Takara vs. KO Takasa... Is it?

Last edited by joelones; 01-02-2017 at 08:21 PM.