Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #21
ngnaw
Armada
Re: TRU.ca Titans Return preorders

What's the point of the preorders? I thought you guys should have received your stuff before the others? I already picked up Galvatron and Powermaster Optimus from the store before you guys even had your stuff shipped. Is this a mess up on Toys R Us part?
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #22
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
What's the point of the preorders? I thought you guys should have received your stuff before the others? I already picked up Galvatron and Powermaster Optimus from the store before you guys even had your stuff shipped. Is this a mess up on Toys R Us part?
Nobody has a real answer but it does seem that the online store and actual physical stock have no connection to each other. And even at that, at the store level they have ZERO control over what stock they receive.

I've had a store clerk tell me that for something like, say, G2 Bruticus, they couldn't do a raincheque because of a streetdate. Meanwhile, it's sighted and purchased, on sale, elsewhere in the country. I don't think the clerk is wrong, but obviously when it comes down to it shit just happens.

TRU online has a release date, but all of a sudden stores are getting stock, and the online side can't do anything about it. For all we know they may not have any of that stock yet.

Between Hasbro and TRU tf distro is so fucked.

Anyway, everything is now "located in stock" for me except Galvatron who still has the "x-release date" thing on him. So I presume he'll just be coming later.

As for the POINT?

Shit, dude, I have all the toys I want on the way without me having to fruitlessly hunt. AND I got them all on sale right off the bat. I'm very good with that.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #23
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
my preorders were 25% off. were your store pickups discounted? some people can wait, some people can't.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #24
ngnaw
Armada

I like the idea of preorders but I find TRU kinda made the "event" shittier for the people who participated. I believe you guys deserved to get your stuff first. I picked up Power Master Optimus for $40 at Walmart which is basically a 33% discount off the original $60 price tag. The Galvatron I picked up at $30 full price but plan on adjusting if there ever is a sale within 45 days. The Legends Ravage, Rumble and Laserbeak I picked up for $12.92 full price at Walmart but that wasn't part of any pre order anyways so I jumped the gun and got them instead of waiting for a sale. They disappear fast around here.

Last edited by ngnaw; 08-13-2016 at 06:26 PM.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #25
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
They disappear fast around here.
that's the point of the preorder with TRU so you guarantee to get one at discount and not have to hunt them in stores.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:38 PM   #26
Autocons
Universal Dominator

I was looking at the shipping order confirmation closely and noticed something not right with the order....
Blurr was sold at the discounted price of $14.97 with a GST $3.00 and PST $4.19. If you add the taxes up, its a whopping $7.19 in taxes on a $14.97 purchase with a total purchase price of $22.16.
Now.... If i was to purchase Blurr at the local TrU for the regular price of $19.99 + 12% (GST+PST in BC) the total comes to $22.39.
I saved only 23 cents ordering from online with the 25% discount?
I grouped my order with sentinal prime and galvatron to get free shipping, and on the invoice it only mentions the taxes.
Autocons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #27
TRUCKvsGUN

They seem to charge taxes for the entire order when making the first shipment.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:03 AM   #28
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
I didn't have to drive around, and spend my premium gas.

Knowing I've secured what I want rather than rolling dice the is a beautiful thing in my mind.

I also have no issue waiting a little longer before I get mine in hand.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:27 AM   #29
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
They seem to charge taxes for the entire order when making the first shipment.
correct tax amount will be charged on shipping notice email to come.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:45 AM   #30
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Just received a duplicate of my order confirmation (same as the one I got when I originally ordered) for my Galvatrons, so I went online to check the status...the status is now changed from Awaiting release date to Items located in stock, so I guess they'll finally ship the Galvatrons...

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote