Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Check Out Gundam Fix Figuration!

Hey all,

So last year during my big research/toy hunting trip to Japan I ended up stumbling across the Gundam Fix Figuration line of action figures.

I had already developed a sense of admiration for Perfect Grade gundams at that stage, due to their comparability with Masterpiece Transformers but I had shied away from acquiring many Gundam kits simply due to the time involved in constructing them and perfecting their stickers and paint.

The Gundam Fix Figuration line however is a whole different story. They are basically 6" action figures of popular Gundam characters from multiple story lines somewhat comparable to our beloved TF deluxes, but with wayyyyyy more detail, great paint and wicked accessory sets.

As with any line there are some ho-hum figures but the really amazing ones, are well, quite incredible.

Have a look at a few of these guys I just set up in the ShelfLife catalogue I'm curating for them:

FAZZ

STAMEN

Deep Striker

MK-III

Most of the lower demand figures can be had for about $40 online, while some of the crazy ones as per above are more like $100-$250 depending. Once you get the good ones up close you'll figure out why.

Some good starters to check out that look great and won't break the bank include:

Fix #0022

Perfect Gundam

Anyone else collecting these or have any for sale/trade? I'm well hooked.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Check Out Gundam Fix Figuration!

Those are pretty awesome. I'm only familiar with Gundam Wing and the movie, and find the model aspect pretty daunting - which is why I've been collecting the cheaper little rubberized 6 inch figures (not even sure what they're called).

I only saw a GFF Wing gundam from the series - if they make an epyon or tallgeese I would be very interested.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Fix Figuration Metal Composite is my favorite Gundam line. I got the Psycho, Zeta Plus and the RX-78 with G-Armor, all great MP-like toys. I hope they do the EX-S Gundam someday.

That Deep Striker looks like a wicked design!

Last edited by Pascal; 03-23-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Nowadays, there's more or less 2 separate, but similar/comparable lines of high-end Gundam figures with die-cast: Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite, and Metal Build. The scales are slightly different, and the selection is different (not very much selection for Metal Build at the moment, just the 00 and Freedom right now), but both lines are top-notch quality and detail.

Left: GFF Metal Composite O-Gundam type ACD
Middle: Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords
(unrelated) Right: Max Gokin Godannar Twin Drive Mode

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I have a few GFFs and they look really cool, but I like articulation and those guys are too statue-like for me. The Metal Composite and Metal Build stuff cost way too much, even though the value you're getting matches the price. I prefer the SHCM Pro, HCM Pro, and Robot Damashii lines myself.

The HCM Pros are 4"ish in size, but offer a lot of detail, accessories, and articulation. However, I only really recommend them if you can find them below retail as some of them are really expensive. The only only SHCM Pro I have is Exia and it's fantastic. It's many leaps beyond it's Damashii counterpart and offers features you normally see in the model kit line.

I recommend if people want Gundam action figures that offer great detail, articulation, and don't break the bank, to go with Robot Damashii. A lot of variety, though they are not really that cheap and are 6" in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I only saw a GFF Wing gundam from the series - if they make an epyon or tallgeese I would be very interested.
They made that version of the Wing Gundam in Robot Damashii but it's a web exclusive. However, they did make the more familar Endless Waltz version and that can be bought at online retail cost and are also making the TV version of Wing Zero. And on the subject of Tallgeese, there is the Damshii version of the Tallgeese III. Tallgeese II is another web exclusive and no word of a Tallgeese I yet, as far as i know. So there are options out there.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
TFtoys
Animated

that's also why I say the Headrobot group's weapons should have more details compare to those that Gundam could have. Headrobot's guns just like KO made.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote