Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #661
meecha96
Generation 1
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
Here's something annoying. I made a pre-order on day 1 with a credit card. I'm moving in a few days so I had to change the billing address.

Now TRU is saying that I won't be able to change my billing address and that they have to cancel the order and re-order it.

I re-ordered SW and Acid Storm just now (25% off) but if priority is given to the earliest orders, this is kind of frustrating.

Even more frustrating was that I actually had a Year of the Horse Prime pre-ordered as well but the billing address can't be corrected on that as well. TRU should really update their system.
You could forward mail from your old address to the new one. I think you have to pay for this service but that way you know you get your soundwave
meecha96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #662
elburrito
Animated

another bit of speculation re: release date.

- TRU got limited release in store earlier this month
- most stores appear to be saying the release date is Sept
- Aug.5, preorders show "item on hold until release date x getdate x"
- the latest round of preorders shows a November shipping date
- various information suggests a large quantity was sipped in early august from the main warehouse

So, Aug 5 orders are already at their local warehouses, they will ship in early Sept. What ever the release date is

- stock will come out of the back in store on that date as well

-latest preorder expected to ship in November

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 08-25-2013 at 05:58 PM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #663
slippy
Robot in Disguise

I ordered one at the lower price too. I'll just return the one that's more expensive
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #664
halcyon
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecha96 View Post
You could forward mail from your old address to the new one. I think you have to pay for this service but that way you know you get your soundwave
Appreciate the tip. The problem isn't the shipping. It's being sent to the correct address. But by the time they send out the orders, the billing address will change. I can't use the old billing address on my credit card till next year (for Optimus).

Luckily, I managed to get a Soundwave and I'm picking another up to get a mint inside box one. So I'll consider it a bonus if I get him.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #665
CPrime
Generation 2

I ended up with a similar problem with needing to change payment information after losing a credit card and being unable to change payment information. Luckily their still available to preorder, but take this as a further warning that TRU can only cancel and resubmit orders afterwards.

I was told by the person I was speaking with that TRU is expecting tons of MP soundwave in and should be able to fill all current preorders and then some, hence why they are still online. This should be good news for everyone who wants one and bad news for scalpers. Might end up being a flood of returns though.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #666
joeyjoejoe
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
Appreciate the tip. The problem isn't the shipping. It's being sent to the correct address. But by the time they send out the orders, the billing address will change. I can't use the old billing address on my credit card till next year (for Optimus).

Luckily, I managed to get a Soundwave and I'm picking another up to get a mint inside box one. So I'll consider it a bonus if I get him.
You can add a secondary address to your credit card.

I do this when ordering products from the US that require a US billing address.
joeyjoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #667
chuskers
Machine War

has anyone placed a new order to take advantage of the sale? if you didn't cancel the original order will the 1 per limit still let the new order go through? i ordered back on the 5th and dont want to risk losing that one but tru wont apply the sale price to that order ... curious if anyone has had anything cancelled doing this
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #668
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

I canceled and reorders i almost almost ripped them a new one because the would not PM there Owen price.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #669
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I have placed two orders for soundwave and both went through my orig and the one I did last night to get Soundwave and Acid Storm but I did not cancel my orig order as I don't want to end up with no SW
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #670
joeyjoejoe
Mini-Con

I had 2 pre-orders:

Pre-order 1: Metroplex
Pre-order 2: MP Soundwave

When the sale went live, I cancelled both and replace it with:

Pre-order 1: Metroplex
Pre-order 2: MP Soundwave + MP Acid Storm.

MP Soundwave + MP Acid Storm meant free shipping and with all the money saved from the 25% off, I was getting Acid Storm for free. Also I split the pre-orders into separate ones because I didn't know whether TRU ships when available or when all items are available.
joeyjoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote