Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War
Re: future Masterpiece?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
My question is, where is MP Jazz?
If they can get Bumblebee, I'm sure Jazz is also in the works, as is Cliffjumper.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
northren prime
Generation 2

hey with all of these versions of the mp lambor mold that have come out, how come we haven't seen anything about mp breakdown?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
Grimtron
Generation 2

Breakdown is part of the stunticons, which means they would have to do the rest of them (by fan pressure) and also they would have to make it combine. Can imagine the scale and how talll it would have to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northren prime View Post
hey with all of these versions of the mp lambor mold that have come out, how come we haven't seen anything about mp breakdown?
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtron View Post
Breakdown is part of the stunticons, which means they would have to do the rest of them (by fan pressure) and also they would have to make it combine. Can imagine the scale and how talll it would have to be.
Takara Stunticons. That would be amazing. Since the scales of things has become Deluxe class then I would say it would be the same size as a G1 Predaking. If Motormaster was on scale to MP 10 then thats a whole different thing all together... Imagine

POP! Just woke out of that dream... Kinda the same as the one for I had for Galvatron last year...
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
Takara Stunticons. That would be amazing. Since the scales of things has become Deluxe class then I would say it would be the same size as a G1 Predaking. If Motormaster was on scale to MP 10 then thats a whole different thing all together... Imagine

POP! Just woke out of that dream... Kinda the same as the one for I had for Galvatron last year...
Honestly though, if 2 years ago someone told me you would see "licenced" MP versions of G1 characters outside of big guys like Prime and Megs, I would have said you are dreaming. I mean even BUMBLEBEE, who by all accounts should have been impossible due to Volkswagen and their issues with licensing.

So we now have MPs for Prime, Megs (a gun), Grimlock (a dinobot), Rodimus (non-Optimus w/trailer), Soundwave w/cassettes, seekers (w/2 different molds), and licensed car autobots. Then the possibility of an Ultra Magnus (remember the pix of armor pieces on a MP Prime?) and what? A combiner is unlikely? I think almost anything 84-85 is possible now for the MP line.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Grimtron
Generation 2

ITs not that its impossible, its just that it would be BIG. Like can you imagine onslaught or motormaster being the size of MP10 optimus and than the rest of team about the same size as sideswipe. That is one HUGE robot and not to mention top heavy. Like I believe they would do it eventually, but it would just be very big and cost hundreds. Also, it would be one huge box

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly though, if 2 years ago someone told me you would see "licenced" MP versions of G1 characters outside of big guys like Prime and Megs, I would have said you are dreaming. I mean even BUMBLEBEE, who by all accounts should have been impossible due to Volkswagen and their issues with licensing.

So we now have MPs for Prime, Megs (a gun), Grimlock (a dinobot), Rodimus (non-Optimus w/trailer), Soundwave w/cassettes, seekers (w/2 different molds), and licensed car autobots. Then the possibility of an Ultra Magnus (remember the pix of armor pieces on a MP Prime?) and what? A combiner is unlikely? I think almost anything 84-85 is possible now for the MP line.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
Sabreweasel
Generation 1

I wouldn't mind getting Megatron in scale with MP-10.

For the combiners wasn't there an article that Takara was interested in the idea of making one when Sideswipe came out?

Cheers
Sabre
Sabreweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
DecepticonusPrime
Machine War

Going by Takara's current course of action, it would seem that Stunticons might be the most likely combiner to be produced at this time.

I do not think we'll see Sideswipe repainted/molded into Breakdown, however. That just isn't the MP way...

If it does happen, though, it'll be some kind of limited exclusive... and probably could be taken as a sign that an official MP set of Stunticons probably isn't coming. So let's hope that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreweasel View Post
I wouldn't mind getting Megatron in scale with MP-10.

For the combiners wasn't there an article that Takara was interested in the idea of making one when Sideswipe came out?

Cheers
Sabre
Yeah, it was Bruticus I believe, mentioned specifically by the designer.

Of course, he probably has little say in who actually ends up getting produced, but it's still something.