Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #61
RodimusMatrix
Beasty
Re: Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock

hey for 69 bones i think he is worth it !
________
Ford fiesta picture

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:30 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #62
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
So, we're not collecting intent? What the hell am I supposed to do with all the intent I've been collecting thus far?!
AFA-grade it and put it on Ebay.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #63
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

^^ LOL.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #64
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
AFA-grade it and put it on Ebay.
XD dude if I knew there was a market for intent I'd have been a millionaire by now

curse me and my constant missing of business opportunities! XD
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #65
skinsquad
Beast Machine

For once I kind of agree with Onecoin. The "Masterpiece" line is supposed to be the creme de la creme of Transformers toys. It is an adult collector item and should be treated as such. Hence the high price point.

For Hasbro to release a "Masterpiece" that is watered down so to speak is terrible and a slap in the face to Takara (who actually released a fine product). The "Masterpiece" line should not be intended for kids therefore should not have watered down versions. How can the BEST Transformer toyline (not to mention - toy of the year) be cheaper than a Supreme Devastator? Garbage I say.

To me, picking to purchase the Hasbro version over the Takara version is like purchasing a car with just a radio rather than one with a CD player because its cheaper. For me, I want the better of the two. I understand costs factor into it and the Takara version may be more unattainable. But don't try and convince me that the Hasbro version is better.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my CD Player...

My two cents...
skinsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #66
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsquad View Post
For once I kind of agree with Onecoin. The "Masterpiece" line is supposed to be the creme de la creme of Transformers toys. It is an adult collector item and should be treated as such. Hence the high price point.

For Hasbro to release a "Masterpiece" that is watered down so to speak is terrible and a slap in the face to Takara (who actually released a fine product). The "Masterpiece" line should not be intended for kids therefore should not have watered down versions. How can the BEST Transformer toyline (not to mention - toy of the year) be cheaper than a Supreme Devastator? Garbage I say.

To me, picking to purchase the Hasbro version over the Takara version is like purchasing a car with just a radio rather than one with a CD player because its cheaper. For me, I want the better of the two. I understand costs factor into it and the Takara version may be more unattainable. But don't try and convince me that the Hasbro version is better.
Realistically though, don't you think Hasbro WANTS to release the exact same version that Takara/Tomy did? This would not only please the die-hard fans, but it would also cut down on the retooling costs of making the toy itself safer.

At the end of the day, it has absolutely nothing to do with Hasbro, and it has everything to do with today's North American safety standards. Hasbro actually NEEDS to meet these standards and requirements in order to release the toy in North America, regardless if it's targeted at adult collectors or not.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #67
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
Realistically though, don't you think Hasbro WANTS to release the exact same version that Takara/Tomy did? This would not only please the die-hard fans, but it would also cut down on the retooling costs of making the toy itself safer.

At the end of the day, it has absolutely nothing to do with Hasbro, and it has everything to do with today's North American safety standards. Hasbro actually NEEDS to meet these standards and requirements in order to release the toy in North America, regardless if it's targeted at adult collectors or not.
exactly man xD besides, give Hasbro some credit; they may be releasing a more North-American friendly version of MP King Grimlock, but it's in the G1 cartoon colours, not the faded navy blue and gold scheme from the original release of that version.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #68
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post

Agreed! And like I said, I think us North Americans are fortunate to be getting this bad boy in any shape whatsoever. It all basically comes down to personal taste. If you want the creme de la creme, don't skimp and go with the Takara version, if not and if money happens to be a major deciding factor in your purchases, but you still want a totally kick-ass piece to add to your collection, than the TRU version will do just fine. It's all a matter of personal taste and preferance.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #69
Pascal
Banned

I'm not sure how those safety standards work. To me, it's easier to choke on a little missile or poke your eye with one than to hurt yourself on some semi-pointy and pretty much out-of-reach dino teeth...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #70
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsquad View Post

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my CD Player...

My two cents...
O.k., so if the MP is then not released as a, what did you say..? oh yeah, "watered down" (wtf?) version and was instead released for "adults" then where the heck would we adults go to buy it? Hmm? Regular retail would not carry it...so...what, are we to order it online and end up paying the same price as the Takara version?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote