Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #51
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions
Re: Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock

I'm usually in agreement with you, but this time around I realistically don't understand where you're coming from.

How is anyone realistically settling for Hasbro's version? Hasbro is giving the fans exactly what they've wanted for years.... the Masterpiece line-up at an affordable price without the hassle of importing it.

Not to mention the Hasbro variant is almost identical in appearance and quality, minus some extremely lame accessories I never would have displayed regardless of owning them. Infact the only accessory I realistically want is from a third party company shockingly enough.

As for the differences due to the North American safety board, they're very understandable and honestly shouldn't make or break a specific toy because of some dull teeth and claws. lol
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #52
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

If you think about it, if Hasbro hadn't decided it was worth dulling the teeth and claws on Grimlock - which is the only real aesthetic change I might add - we wouldn't be HAVING this debate XD

Be thankful the toy is what it is; an affordable alternative to the Takara version.

Oh by the way oc, there are some collectors who want both versions on their shelf. Think about that. X3
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #53
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
I'm usually in agreement with you, but this time around I realistically don't understand where you're coming from.

How is anyone realistically settling for Hasbro's version? Hasbro is giving the fans exactly what they've wanted for years.... the Masterpiece line-up at an affordable price without the hassle of importing it.

Not to mention the Hasbro variant is almost identical in appearance and quality, minus some extremely lame accessories I never would have displayed regardless of owning them. Infact the only accessory I realistically want is from a third party company shockingly enough.

As for the differences due to the North American safety board, they're very understandable and honestly shouldn't make or break a specific toy because of some dull teeth and claws. lol
Yeah. I have to say. I am being completely unreasonable. In this case its not the changes like the teeth or the claws, its the general lack of quality. I'm all for affordable TF's but the line is called "Masterpiece".

And I got throw the affordability issue into the mix too. I think 70 is reasonable, but how many people are saying they're gonna wait till its on clearance? Why do Masterpiece figures have to go on clearance, when they're only 60 or 70 bucks? When you guys are posting MP figures for $15 or $20, I really have to question why Hasbro even tries to release these toys in NA. They sacrifice so much quality, and can't even sell enough of the toy at a low regular price. It really devalues the whole concept of having a Masterpiece figure.

This is supposed to be the best you can get for Transformers, yet, eventually you can expect to get it at Wal-mart for $20.

Well played Jaysmith. Well played.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #54
Pascal
Banned

As a collector, I always wants the best version of any given toy. For me, regardless of the costs involved, dulled teeth and claws and missing accessories are a big deal because I know there's a "correct/complete" version out there. If the Hasbro version of Grimlock was the only one, I would be more than happy and wouldn't care since I wouldn't know what I'm missing. But when you know... That's like settling for Cybertron Vector Prime with unpainted rubber wings and sword when you know there's the Takara version with hard plastic painted wings and sword or settling for Universe Hot Shot without guns when you know there's the Henkei version with guns. Not the end of the world but... something's missing.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #55
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
As a collector, I always wants the best version of any given toy. For me, regardless of the costs involved, dulled teeth and claws and missing accessories are a big deal because I know there's a "correct/complete" version out there. If the Hasbro version of Grimlock was the only one, I would be more than happy and wouldn't care since I wouldn't know what I'm missing. But when you know... That's like settling for Cybertron Vector Prime with unpainted rubber wings and sword when you know there's the Takara version with hard plastic painted wings and sword or settling for Universe Hot Shot without guns when you know there's the Henkei version with guns. Not the end of the world but... something's missing.
That too. Its like buying a car in Winnipeg without a block heater or air conditioning.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #56
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Yeah. I have to say. I am being completely unreasonable. In this case its not the changes like the teeth or the claws, its the general lack of quality. I'm all for affordable TF's but the line is called "Masterpiece".

And I got throw the affordability issue into the mix too. I think 70 is reasonable, but how many people are saying they're gonna wait till its on clearance? Why do Masterpiece figures have to go on clearance, when they're only 60 or 70 bucks? When you guys are posting MP figures for $15 or $20, I really have to question why Hasbro even tries to release these toys in NA. They sacrifice so much quality, and can't even sell enough of the toy at a low regular price. It really devalues the whole concept of having a Masterpiece figure.

This is supposed to be the best you can get for Transformers, yet, eventually you can expect to get it at Wal-mart for $20.

Well played Jaysmith. Well played.
I completely and utterly agree with you that it is truly pathetic that we already have individuals on this forum that would actually wait for a masterpiece figure to hit clearance before they would even consider purchasing.

Needless to say, I absolutely regret returning my second Wal-Mart exclusive Skywarp, as trying to find another one now for display is proving to be quite difficult. You can also bet your bottom dollar that when I first see Masterpiece Grimlock at Toys 'R' Us, he will be purchased without an ounce of consideration for its price.... infact I might just grab two!

However, when it comes to the quality of the Hasbro vs. Takara/Tomy Masterpiece figures, what exactly is it you're looking for? Because realistically, the quality overall, including the use of metal parts has been retained.

Quote:
That too. Its like buying a car in Winnipeg without a block heater or air conditioning.
My Honda Civic Hatchback has neither....

Last edited by GMfan; 03-24-2010 at 03:21 AM.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #57
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Quote:

I agree with you 100% JS! We should be happy to be recieving the MP line here in North America at these prices. And I also agree the only serious difference between Hasbro and Takara's versions are some accessories I wouldn't display anyway. There shouldn't be any complaining, I mean, we're finally getting MP-Grimlock for crying out loud!

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #58
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Quote:
My Honda Civic Hatchback has neither....
LOL.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #59
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Lol! All that slag I took for saying that Takara Tomy has higher quality than Hasbro, expecially when it came to Masterpieces. All those deleted posts because I thought the Hasbro one was gonna be a piece of junk. And this is it? Thanks for proving me right. What a joke.
Enjoy your Takara version I guess..? I'm excited for this release and I will buy at least one of them to support Hasbro in releasing MP toys here at mass retail.

Quote:
In all fairness, we're toy collectors, not intent collectors.
So, we're not collecting intent? What the hell am I supposed to do with all the intent I've been collecting thus far?!
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #60
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
As a collector, I always wants the best version of any given toy. For me, regardless of the costs involved, dulled teeth and claws and missing accessories are a big deal because I know there's a "correct/complete" version out there.
AGREED. If I can afford the best, I'll buy the best...especially when it comes to the MP line. I kept looking at Hasbro's MP Prime and it bothered me knowing there was a better version out there...then mp4 with a trailer...making it "perfect".

If its a case where you cannot afford the best or don't care...then Hasbro's releases are perfect. Heck, with MP SS I believe they really gave fans what they wanted in the first place. Good on them!

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote