Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Star Wars Animated Series

So rumor has become true. George Lucas has decided to launch his animated Star Wars Animated Series in theatres August 15th this summer!
I'm happy to see anything Star Wars on the big screen though I'm guessing some people might not be interested at all. Lucas has even hinted that if this series is a big success he might do more Animated shows of this nature, even possibly a Knights of the Old Republic type series .
The series will be again set during the Clone Wars and feature Anakin, Obi-Wan, Grevious, Yoda and the gang. The series is also set to introduce a new female Jedi who will be a main character in the story......Its about time!
Also on a rumor note both Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen have said they would love to provide the voice work for their characters in the series, which would be so awesome!!! I love Samuel L. and really am hoping he'll be cast in TFTM2 .
So for anybody out there who loves Star Wars, the Force will be back on the big screen August 15th!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Star Wars Animated Series to Debut in Theatres August 15th

I for one am looking forward to it and I'm am glad to see that there may be a new spin on it (with the femaile jedi)

Hopefull this will lead to more of these spin off features, as lucas needs to come up with some (better) ways to keep Star Wars alive.

I know that I will be there with my Son to no doubt enjy the film.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

I'm might go to see it, but I don't think it would be a hit. I find it strange to premiere a show on the big screen, and then have a series.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Looks interesting, more Grevious is good with me.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Here's a link to the two trailers released thus far.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809991325/video/8273357

The voices for Mace and Dooku sound so close I'm actually wondering if the rumors of using the actual actors for some of the voices were true. I can't wait.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #6
Sokar
Armada

This film looks great to me for two reasons in particular.

1.) With the entire film being CG, the CG won't stand out like it has in every CG enhanced SW film. Obove all that was my major issue with the re-edited orginal saga, and one of the bigger problems with episodes 1-3

2.) Asaj Ventres appears to be a major character in this film. She was probably my favorite character in the clone wars shorts, and I'm glad to see that they will likely be fleshing out her character a bit more. Similarly they will hopefully give dooku more of a background
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Just a wee update. Samuel L.Jackson, Christopher Lee and Anthony Daniels are confirmed as voice talent for the series/film. Looks like they will be the only "returning" voices though, so no Hayden, no Frank Oz

Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #8
devilsknight
Banned

It looks good. But not nearly as good as the Clone Wars series that was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky of Samurai Jack fame.

Those two DVD's a pure gold.

Hopefully this will do ok...anyone notice the female Jedi/Sith sounds like it was voiced by the same female Sith from the other animated Clone Wars series ?
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #9
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Looks interesting, I'm pretty sure it will at least be decent and I'm sure I'll enjoy it being the sucker for SW that I am. I just with they would move on from the Clone Wars era though and focus on other aspects of the SW mytho's like a KOTOR or post ROTJ era's. That and go to a more traditional style of animation as I must say I'm not a huge fan of this style though it is tolerable.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
Looks interesting, I'm pretty sure it will at least be decent and I'm sure I'll enjoy it being the sucker for SW that I am. I just with they would move on from the Clone Wars era though and focus on other aspects of the SW mytho's like a KOTOR or post ROTJ era's. That and go to a more traditional style of animation as I must say I'm not a huge fan of this style though it is tolerable.
They apparently used the Thunderbirds stop motion stuff as inspiration for the look.

And George Lucas had suggested that if this works out good we might be seeing other Era's in the future. Lucasfilm opened up a whole animation studio with this being the launch project. I'd love to see either the Zahn Novels, KOTOR or even Legacy get this type of treatment.