Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Manitoba Comic Convention

$5 dollars a day at the door. Don't worry there is no such thing as "sold out " for conventions, Tim and the gang at Irben just ran out. I'm sure Mike(the promoter) has some at his store Raven Collectibles 214 St. Mary's road. Give him a call at 837-8128 to find out. He has odd hours so better to call than just stop by incase he's closed.
Also if you do wait you wont have any trouble getting tickets at the door, but there might be a large lineup............might be a lineup even if you pre-purchase though.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
noodle
...in a cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
$5 dollars a day at the door. Don't worry there is no such thing as "sold out " for conventions, Tim and the gang at Irben just ran out. I'm sure Mike(the promoter) has some at his store Raven Collectibles 214 St. Mary's road. Give him a call at 837-8128 to find out. He has odd hours so better to call than just stop by incase he's closed.
Also if you do wait you wont have any trouble getting tickets at the door, but there might be a large lineup............might be a lineup even if you pre-purchase though.
cool i'll give Raven Collectibles a call tomorrow...

Last edited by noodle; 10-25-2007 at 02:02 AM.
noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! 10am doors open. See ya there-Rob
Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
noodle
...in a cup.

GAH!!! I wasn't able to pick up some tickets @ Raven Collectibles so I'm going to have to wait in line and get them at the door... oh well it's worth it! XD
Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Friday Update: All the guests except one of the comic artists have made it into town. I just set up in the dealer room, its gonna be much bigger than anything Winnipeg has seen before. Tomorrow's the big day. Check out the local news broadcasts for story's about the Con and celebrity interveiws. Heard a Richard Hatch(Original Apolo/Tom Zarek from BSG) interveiw on CJOB today, he's excited to be here, sounds very impressed with our fair city.
See you all tomorrow-Rob.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Saturday Update: Big day at the con! Tons of people worked their way through, record crowds for sure. I'll post up the final count tomorrow. Lots of Transformers, G1 Scroponok $300, Brave Police Fort Max $300, G1 Cyclonus, G1 Scourge, G1 Hotrod so on were all available with original packaging. One G1 Jazz movie repaint was available at close. Lots of Alts too. Also Japanese reissues of Starscream and Soundwave are available from Machine Interface. They also have MP's of Skywarp and Megatron on hand at the Con.
Lots of loose stuff from G1 to Beast Wars as well. Nice to see Noodle and Voltus 5 at the show as well. Maybe some other Cybertron.ca'ers came by as well, incognito. Lots of Transformer collecters on the prowl today.
Still one big day left tomorrow, come on out. See you there-Rob
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #17
A_U_T_O_B_O_T

I don't know but I think that I bought possibly the last Masterpiece Megatron there. Didn't come with a plug to I had to jump on it, why I'm not too sure haha.

Also I think that the Scorpinok from the Galaxy comics booth was about $240...unless there is another one. There was also a G1 Optimus Prime with original box for $60 there as well if anyone was interested.

Last edited by A_U_T_O_B_O_T; 10-28-2007 at 12:53 AM.
A_U_T_O_B_O_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #18
noodle
...in a cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_U_T_O_B_O_T View Post
I don't know but I think that I bought possibly the last Masterpiece Megatron there. Didn't come with a plug to I had to jump on it, why I'm not too sure haha.

Also I think that the Scorpinok from the Galaxy comics booth was about $240...unless there is another one. There was also a G1 Optimus Prime with original box for $60 there as well if anyone was interested.
i think the G1 Optimus prime with original box was actually priced @ $160... also, if you go to the seller with all the G1 figures he has steeljaw and rewind cassettes MOSC for $90; it isn't on display though...just ask to see it.

Last edited by noodle; 10-28-2007 at 01:17 AM.
noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #19
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_U_T_O_B_O_T View Post

I coulda sworn the tag on the G1 Scorponok said $299.99 but I'll double check. And yes the G1 Prime in box is $160. Glad you made it out!!! Nice haul, you got the Megatron from Arial/Machine Interface?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
A_U_T_O_B_O_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I coulda sworn the tag on the G1 Scorponok said $299.99 but I'll double check. And yes the G1 Prime in box is $160. Glad you made it out!!! Nice haul, you got the Megatron from Arial/Machine Interface?
I did indeed. I've just been soo lazy when it came to picking up the MP-05 and when I saw it there I couldn't resist. For some reason my Prime just didn't look right set up, standing on it's own.

Also I might be wrong about the G1 Scorponok, good idea to double check. The weird thing is that Galaxy Comics is the comic shop I frequent and I have never seen that thing in either of the 2 floors of their store .

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
i think the G1 Optimus prime with original box was actually priced @ $160... also, if you go to the seller with all the G1 figures he has steeljaw and rewind cassettes MOSC for $90; it isn't on display though...just ask to see it.
Wow now I had known that Steeljaw and the cassettes where there. Oh well. I also saw some sort of re-release Soundwave and Starscream (not sure what they could be, said Takara on the boxes), MP3 Soundwave, Frenzy and Rumble MP3 player as well at the Ariel/Machine Interface if anyone was interested.

Last edited by A_U_T_O_B_O_T; 10-28-2007 at 10:51 AM.
A_U_T_O_B_O_T is offline   Reply With Quote