Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Central Canada Comic Con

The MBCC has been renamed the Central Canada Comic Con for 2009. This thread chronicles the last two years of the event. It will get bigger and better as we go forward.

For the 2010 Updates go to the last pages of the Thread.

Manitoba Comic Con is about a month away so I thought I'd start up the Thread. It takes place October 27th & 28th. Saturday from 10am till 6pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. Admission is $5 per day and gets you into the dealer room plus stuff like the Fan Film room, the Anime room and the like.
The dealer room which I'm sure is what most of us are most interested in looks to be huge this year with dealers not only from Manitoba, but from across Canada and the States as well. I'm sure Transformers will be a plenty as it will be a great spot to pick up US exclusives and the like. There are usually a few dealers with great selections of G1 stuff, and there will certainly be lots of newer stuff like Classic's and Movie stuff. I'm bringing my whole Trade/sell list for my table as well plus I might bring my custom Classic's Transformers for display as well. At the March 2007 toyshow I picked up the Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack, G1 Gears, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee just to name a few. One table had just Transformers stuff, well over a hundred different items all G1 and G2. I remember seeing G1 Scorponok, Hotrod, Jazz, Starscream, plus newer stuff like Unicron at the March show. I'm told those same dealers will be there again.
It's really more of a toyshow in the dealers area, thats not to say there are no comic dealers there, but toys will hold down two thirds of the tables.
Also a few special guests are coming in, a first for Manitoba. David Prowse(Darth Vader) will be in attendance. Be warned though that he is charging $25 for an autograph or picture. Richard Hatch from the new and old Battlestar Galactica series will be there as well. Some actors from Star Trek, the original Battlestar and a ton of comic artists will be in attendance as well. Even Margot Kidder(Lois Lane) will be in attendance.
Anyway I hope I will see you all there. I'll have my table set up and Robimus on my name tag. Last years comiccon had a paid attendance of 2640 or so people and that was without a single special guest. We're expecting 5000 people this year. If this continues to thrive who knows what guests we might see in future years? Peter Cullen?, Simon Furman?, Frank Welker? Actors from the Movie? Sky is the limit if the support is there.

Check out www.cccomiccon.com for all the info-Thanks-Rob

Last edited by Robimus; 06-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
noodle
...in a cup.
Re: Manitoba Comic Convention

I'm still undecided whether I should go or not. I'm not into comics too much, but the dealer tables as well as meeting fellow board members [whomever are going] maybe worth it alone, and you can't go wrong with a five dollar all-day admisson fee... hopefully I won't be working that weekend.

Also Robimus what will you be bringing for sell/trade? how about a list...
Old 10-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

A short list of stuff I'm bringing:

Brave Police Sixshot Loose
T-Wrecks(Megatron Repaint) Loose
Hun-Grrr Loose
Movie Wreckage Loose
Movie Jazz Loose
Cybertron Demolisher Loose
G2 Silverbolt Loose
Armada Sideways Loose
G2 Inferno Loose
G1 Skywarp Loose
Real Gear Camera Loose
Real Gear Camcorder Loose
Cybertron Skyshadow MIBC
Movie G1 Starscream MIBC
10th Beast Wars Tarantalus MIBC
10th Beast Wars Dinobot MIBC
Plus a lot more bots and parts for sale or trade. A lot of stuff isn't complete but I think you'll find my prices at the Con very reasonable. I'll also have tons of Star Wars stuff, LOTR and GI Joe.

I'm also making a trip down to the States the week before to try and grab some US exclusives for the show. Hope to have some G1 Jazz's, Elita-Ones and the like by the Con. Only 17 days to go!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
noodle
...in a cup.

If you are able to pick up any US exclusives can you let me know please. I wouldn't mind picking up elita-one or an arcee from you... possibly before the Manitoba comic-con. ^_^

with that said, I'm still unsure if I can make it; I have work that weekend. Hopefully a co-worker can trade shifts with me...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Bump it up. Only twelve days to go!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Very limited amount of Target exclusive Elita-One's plus more added. 6 Days to go!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
noodle
...in a cup.

I was able to get work off on saturday, so that means I'll be able going to the Manitoba Comic-con Convention!! It will be my very first convention I'll be attending and I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I don't spend to much...
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Great, you'll have a blast!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
noodle
...in a cup.

Four more days to go!!! I'm really glad I got work off, and can't stress enough how much I'm looking forward to going. I'm hoping I can the remaining classics I need as well as a few US exclusives... lol. Its funny Im really just going for the dealer tables... maybe I'll check out the anime and gaming rooms as well.

Last edited by noodle; 10-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.
noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
noodle
...in a cup.

okay, so I went to IrBen Entertainment to purchase tickets for the comic-con but they were all sold out, did anyone know how much they would cost at the door?