Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #31
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: New TFC Hercules PO Now Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I'm not intimate with the exact details in terms of exact parts. So you probably know better than I. I'm just going from what I read up to a certain point from the provided link. Someone posted it wasn't a simple part swap and it involved the green body bits.
I read the whole thing (but I'm not registered so I didn't see the pictures -edit- okay, seen them now). The issue is that something is wrong with the ratchets responsible for front/back movement inside Heavy Labor's legs. The exact problem is still being discussed, but the upshot is the ratchet teeth shear off, which leads to floppy legs. The solution involves:

- disassembling the torso
- putting a notch or trimming the inside of two plastic pieces
[edit -- this said something different earlier; this is more accurate]

Several people have contacted TFC and have been told they will be sent a replacement part. TFC's latest update says they will send out a newly made part to online retailers. It's unknown what they are going to send and how much effort it will take to install it.

It doesn't sound impossibly hard, but it's also not trivially easy. The torso disassembly is reportedly more than a simple unscrew -- a couple of the screws are covered. I don't think I would have a problem doing the fix, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Last edited by gagagalvatron; 11-11-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Saw the pictures, edited my text accordingly
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #32
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Hopefully TFC get's something in place for this, I realize it's still somewhat early. Mine is sitting in my order. I probably won't ship it for a couple months yet. And will need a fix it seems. As everyone will eventually.

I see that Kapow has sent a notice out that the problems with HL hips are not covered by them. And that any problems will have to be addressed by TFC themselves.

So it looks like one retailer is taking themselves out of the loop for helping with any problems.

It's reminding me of the Takara MP Rodimus issue. Once you've bought it, that's it no returns. But it's at least looking like TFC is going to help out a lot more than Takara did with that one.

Edit: Corrected.. seems it was Kapow not RK.

Last edited by Akroyer; 11-10-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #33
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Isn't it just a matter of unscrewing the legs and replacing that squarish bit with a thinner one?
Yep, after looking at the details pretty carefully in the TFW thread (amidst all the pitch-forks), I would agree.

The only challenge will be getting the screw covers out cleanly--they covered the screw-heads FP Commander-style. (except they are factory-installed instead of user-installed...OOPS!)

This really isn't the end of the world. I really want Hercules to be successful...I'm staying positive on this one!!!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #34
RageD
Energon

Back From an Epic Cruise and come home to this! I'm getting pretty concerned about my choice to hop on hercules and not giant given what seems to be problems with each release. HL is already bought and paid for and TFC hasn't really indicated what the fix is going to be short of ripping him open and installing "new parts"

Come on TFC, get your shit together and check for the problems before you release the figures!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #35
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

After how many transformations before these problems begin to arise? I pretty much plan to transform them once or twice then display in combined mode anyway.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #36
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
After how many transformations before these problems begin to arise? I pretty much plan to transform them once or twice then display in combined mode anyway.
Some have said even the first or second movement causes the problem. It also seems to be degenerative -- once it's started, the debris generated makes the problem worse.

One good thing is that it is not necessary to move the affected part for transformation, so you can transform Heavy Labor as much as you like and never have an issue, so long as you don't pose his legs to engage the forward/backward gears.

It does pose a problem for combined mode, since HL's torso is effectively Devastator's torso. So I guess you'd be okay so long as Devastator only stood straight up.

Depending on what TFC comes up with, I'm planning on doing the fix right out of the box to minimize any chances of my handling the figure inducing some damage.

This TFW thread addresses just the problem(s) and the fix, shorter and more to the point than the earlier link.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #37
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Yep, after looking at the details pretty carefully in the TFW thread (amidst all the pitch-forks), I would agree.

The only challenge will be getting the screw covers out cleanly--they covered the screw-heads FP Commander-style. (except they are factory-installed instead of user-installed...OOPS!)

This really isn't the end of the world. I really want Hercules to be successful...I'm staying positive on this one!!!
I guess I can live with exposed screw heads, I never bothered installing the ones that came with my DIA Commander.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #38
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Looks like the word from TFC is new parts are coming, but will be shipped with #5 or #6. So won't be until into next year.

After looking at the video reviews of the transformation, if I have mine before then I just need to remember to not pose him much. Just stand him up until we see what the fixed items are. Since it seems you don't need to bend those joints during transformation.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
Johnboy
Machine War

Were we supposed to see the exgraver shovel replacement packed in with Heavy Labor?
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #40
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
Were we supposed to see the exgraver shovel replacement packed in with Heavy Labor?
I am pretty sure it was... My HL is on the way
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote