Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #101
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Well, I think its good there is another new option for local collectors. I think the best part is that it will help with the competition and keep prices good among the different stores, like when the old A3U was around.

I use to shop at the old A3U, from when it branched out of John's Collectible to the first location at Metrotown.

From seeing what collectors have to say here, and those I've talked to locally, that don't post, the general consensus seems to be trust issues. Basically, there were a lot things said by Spencer before the old A3U went under, and they didn't add up, or it was found Spencer wasn't telling the truth. Since Spencer was mentioned in the original post by Boris, it makes it even harder for a lot of people to try and give this new A3U a chance. I think distancing yourself from Spencer will help a lot, as many of collectors who do have issues, have it with Spencer. And as long as the new A3U is anywhere near, or close to be associated with him, it will not help you at all.

I hope you are able to distance yourself, and become a good resource for collectors to be able to buy cool TF products.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #102
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
But wake up people, this is not Boris' store, but Spencers. Not to get too complicated, just don't support this store. I feel sorry for his new partners, but too bad. Now, he is just using his partners in the store to cover himself up. U will bump into Spencer's ugly face like I did or some people did if you are bad luck enough.
You'd been better off saying just "don't support this store"... cause now your intentions don't feel like it's trying to find the truth anymore.

Everyone is titled to their own opinions and I have no problems with you saying out right you hate the name, or don't shop there, but you really should not give people on these forums bad info.

They come here to get accurate information as far as I remember. I've been transparent. I see that someone has even posted my personal business information in lengths to find the truth.

So, you know, getting kinda creepy now. I'm not lying. I feel like I just disappointed those who really wanted their theories to be right about a3u's new ownership.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #103
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Well, I think its good there is another new option for local collectors. I think the best part is that it will help with the competition and keep prices good among the different stores, like when the old A3U was around.

I use to shop at the old A3U, from when it branched out of John's Collectible to the first location at Metrotown.

From seeing what collectors have to say here, and those I've talked to locally, that don't post, the general consensus seems to be trust issues. Basically, there were a lot things said by Spencer before the old A3U went under, and they didn't add up, or it was found Spencer wasn't telling the truth. Since Spencer was mentioned in the original post by Boris, it makes it even harder for a lot of people to try and give this new A3U a chance. I think distancing yourself from Spencer will help a lot, as many of collectors who do have issues, have it with Spencer. And as long as the new A3U is anywhere near, or close to be associated with him, it will not help you at all.

I hope you are able to distance yourself, and become a good resource for collectors to be able to buy cool TF products.
Ya, totally... thanks for seeing the meat of the whole thing. Which is, I'm just trying to bring more product available to bc. I know I was frustrated for a while finding things. Ages was all I knew as a consumer here locally. Wasn't so active in the forums. In retrospect wish I was more here on the forums before... everyone here provides so much good info on tf stuff.

I wanted to not mention Spencer's name in the release... but you know, then I'd be lying for real to everyone. And I knew the backlash... but I kinda just wanted to be honest about the whole situation. Kinda a first step to really earning my keep. I'm not out for people's money, so I'd rather have no customers than customers built on false conceptions.

If negative energy is what's been associated with ages... no better time to change it than start now. And although being honest may not win me friends and also have people question why bother with the ages name, but it doesn't scare me, cause I really have been working hard to earn my customers anyway.

I know I'll get questioned time and time again why I kept the name, but I really have to say as a customer, Spencer always helped me out and treated me good. And although I haven't really known Spencer for very long... I really don't see the nasty things people say they see.

And honestly, I probably won't be moving out of here anytime soon, even if it means hell from the forum world, because we're treated right here, the urban samurai staff are all helpful to our customers as well. And if I paid more rent for my own store... I wouldn't be able to supply any transformers to anyone cause I'd be outta business.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback that you've been giving though... I like how you are not making assumptions, just asking the pertinent questions.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #104
Aernaroth
Metroplex

StarwarsTF, if you're so certain that you've got undeniable proof that this is a grand conspiracy, then by all means show it to the rest of us. If your goals are to spare your fellow fans from getting scammed, rather than just trying to attack someone's reputation because of something someone entirely different did in the past, then you should be happy to post a couple links or screenshots exposing the whole thing rather than just telling people to "do their own homework".

As for myself, I'm giving Boris a chance until I see hard evidence to convince me otherwise. He's been open about his situation and his motives, far more than he really needed to, given the amount of crap he's had to put up with in this thread. I honestly hope he can repair his store's reputation and create a business that we can all be proud to shop at.

Also, Boris, I have a question about the Kabaya Gashapon TF preorder on your site, since sadly, there isn't much info on it. Is this for a case? How many are in a case? Do you have any idea when you'll be receiving them or shipping them out?

Last edited by Aernaroth; 12-12-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #105
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboob View Post
It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.
Yeah, I have my own. Total cost: about $250 for 3 years I think. That's nothing.

EDIT: And somehow, some people here seem to think/believe/assume I'm an "A3U lover" and that I'm the only person on Earth to support that store. I'll set the record straight one last time: I don't care AT ALL for A3U, old or new. I've just relayed what little info I had on my end and I try to see both sides of the story instead of blindly jumping on the hate bandwagon without really knowing all that is going on.

I've bought only once from the original online store (as stated in a previous post that some people seemed to have ignored), pretty much had to harrass Spencer on MSN for a prize (Roadbot) I won from his store (actually, I almost got forced to make a purchase to give him a reason to ship my prize), I've never bought anything from the new online store and don't ever plan to as Automaton can get me anything I need with the best customer service I've ever encountered on this planet.

God, this place can sure be exhausting at times... All this over retarded Transformers. Gee.

Last edited by Pascal; 12-13-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #106
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Also, Boris, I have a question about the Kabaya Gashapon TF preorder on your site, since sadly, there isn't much info on it. Is this for a case? How many are in a case? Do you have any idea when you'll be receiving them or shipping them out?
Hi, Sorry about that, we were actually updating our site and somehow put that listing live. We actually weren't sure if we were gonna get it, but I'm talking to a supplier now that can get it to us.

The price is actually 44.99 cad per case and it's 8 per case. We've updated the info as we've just received that. Should be shipping end of December.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 AM   #107
King Benny
Generation 1

Hi there. First post and a newbie to collecting G1 transformers.

I have such fond memories of G1 transformers... some of the best times of my childhood revolved around excitement I got out of the original cartoon. As I got older, I never thought of collecting anything. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I was shopping in the Lougheed Mall last week and passed by Urban Samurai. In the display case a Revoltech Starscream caught my eye. My favourite transformer and damn, it looked awesome. From there I discovered the Henkei line which I fell in love with.

Since that day, I've been back there 4 more times and have purchased a lot of transformers. 12 of the 16 transformers I have bought in the last week have come from A3U via the Urban Samurai store location.

When I stumbled on to this site, I was quite surprised to see this thread. I think I might have seen this Spencer guy at the store, but I cannot say for sure as I do not know what the guy looks like.

What I can say is that I have met Boris a couple times now and have also met his sales associate Brooke. Both of them have been very helpful and professional to deal with. Every visit has been a good one due to the friendly staff. A3U will be receiving my business/support in the future.

I am not here to try and sway anyone. I cannot comment on A3U's history with the online store. I just wanted to share my personal experience. For those who are local but have their doubts, I would recommend stopping by Urban Samurai and meeting Boris. I believe he is being sincere in his intentions.

Ben
Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #108
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Wow... sorry haven't been on in the past couple days. Been super busy at the store. Also got some great shipments in.

C Shewins, don't know who you are, never met you, don't know anything about you... so doubt you know much about me or my operations.

Sorry, just pointing out fact. You don't have to believe me that a3u was paid for and ran by me in the past year.

But if you have a reputation for giving credible info on this site... you should stop this line of thinking. It's very inaccurate. And in time, I guarantee you it will come out that I was being honest all along.

The hate thing, you're entitled to that, can't really argue since I don't know what happened with you. But I would never assume what happened in your situation. So pretty bad to do that here to me.

Boris
I am not going to post anymore, i keep on getting waring, so it' s fine I don't think i am allow to tell the truth, maybe this is my last time of my posting about A3U. But surely, people in BC, check the store carely, u will find evidence i mentioned from the store. U will find Spencer is one of the owner. I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:39 AM   #109
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Quote:
I am not going to post anymore, i keep on getting waring, so it' s fine I don't think i am allow to tell the truth.
I think that's the problem... what you are telling is not the truth cause you got the wrong info. You're allowed to say whatever you want.

Quote:
I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all
You haven't helped, cause I've never scammed anybody.

Boris
www.agesthreeandup.ca
Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #110
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
I hoped i have helped people who has potentially get scammed. That's all.
So what exactly are you trying to say???

That if you walk in, pick out the item you want, bring it to the counter, whoever is working is going to steal your money right in front of you? Or a scam artist is going to try to physically "scam" you? What the hell does that even mean??

Make a little more sense before you decide to say that people can get potentially scammed at a new physical storefront because as far as I can tell, its business as usual. You see something you like, you pay for it, you go home happy.

And the haters here are nothing but people who are so bent on their own theories that they made up that they haven't even bothered or will not bother to go straight to the source to figure things out for themselves because they believe their accusations SO MUCH that they're actually afraid of being wrong of the actual truth.

Haters will be haters. Say your piece and be gone because you're way too caught up in this drama for your own good. I find it so disturbing and a little bit amusing when there are guys out there that say that they're doing research and covert ops and hacking into the mainframe database just to uncover info about the truth..........get a freaking life. They're just Transformers.

You don't like to shop there? Move on. I had a problem with another retailer, I made my comments and I moved on. Hating something forever is unhealthy and you should ask yourself how meaningless is your life that you gotta create drama in other people's lives to make yourself actually feel like you're a part of something?

It's just a toy store.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup