Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #81
pud333
Animated
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasboytoy View Post
well there's always jays clocks in surrey. thats a really good option! i dont think anyone can beat his prices, but the drive is usually the only thing bad about it.
His location is probably helping his prices. I bet it's much cheaper out there than it is having a store in Vancouver or something. I've never been there though because of the drive. Always wanted to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
The mere fact that Transformers(and toy lines in general) are constructed by underpaid workers(very likely almost slaves) in China, Malaysia, and goodness knows where else means we as collectors should be careful which high horse we climb upon.
Very well said. Whatever brain pills you're taking, you should pass them on to others.

Last edited by pud333; 12-12-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #82
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
For those that believe that Boris is just a front for Spencer, I'm curious: Don't you think it would be easier for Spencer, if he did want to rip people off some more, to put "Boris" in charge of a new online store with a new name, as opposed to reviving A3U? After all that baggage, do you really think Spencer would bring back A3U? Doesn't make any sense. If I were looking to rip people off, I wouldn't revive a brand like A3U again. People would see it coming a mile away. I'm not looking to flame anyone here, I'm just wondering if hatred towards Spencer and A3U is preventing people from thinking rationally?
Do u know it isn't cheap to make a website with a new domain name? I guess he is just trying to make it cheap and easy. Don't bother with spending more money for his scams, instead of changing the ownership to his partner that's all.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #83
Dinoboob
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
Do u know it isn't cheap to make a website with a new domain name? I guess he is just trying to make it cheap and easy. Don't bother with spending more money for his scams, instead of changing the ownership to his partner that's all.
Wow, feel the hate comming from this guy. What did he do to you? Sleep with your sister or something? Phew.

This thread is getting insane with speculation and stupidness. Some resposes are well thought out and other are down right stupid. Just to prove a point here:
Domain name - $10 from go daddy
Domain Space - $10 to $20 a month depending on size
Zen cart/drupal, OS Shopping Cart and more - free open source product.

C. Shewins, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and just spewing nonsence. It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.

Lots of personal attacks in this thread. Wonder how much of it is fact and how much fiction. Anyone even bother to ask Spencer himself? Seems to me he is quite available if everyone is seeing him in the store.

Good luck to you Boris. Seems like an uphill battle but I can understand your reasons.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #84
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboob View Post
Wow, feel the hate comming from this guy. What did he do to you? Sleep with your sister or something? Phew.

This thread is getting insane with speculation and stupidness. Some resposes are well thought out and other are down right stupid. Just to prove a point here:
Domain name - $10 from go daddy
Domain Space - $10 to $20 a month depending on size
Zen cart/drupal, OS Shopping Cart and more - free open source product.

C. Shewins, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and just spewing nonsence. It is very cheap to have a site now a days and even more so if you don't actually register with the provience you are in as a business. Anyone can do it with a little resources and a touch of brains.

Lots of personal attacks in this thread. Wonder how much of it is fact and how much fiction. Anyone even bother to ask Spencer himself? Seems to me he is quite available if everyone is seeing him in the store.

Good luck to you Boris. Seems like an uphill battle but I can understand your reasons.
Do u know how much it costs to get someone to design your website? This guy could be another Spencer, lol

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #85
Dinoboob
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.

You know the internet is a great tool you get to find out all neat stuff on small businesses and who's in charge of them! The sightings of Spencer just show that nothing has changed congrats on all the BC people cheers to all of you.
Just to make sure I understand what you are sayig is that Boris created agesthreeandup.com in 2003, which acording to the way back machine, that is when the site first showed up on line. He just showed his face now? I too would like to know where you got this info.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #86
Dinoboob
Generation 1

Quote:
Do u know how much it costs to get someone to design your website? This guy could be another Spencer, lol
It is quite simple to modify the CSS of open source. I know people who will design and apply a skin to open source for $500 to $1000 depending on the complexity of the design. Chicken scratch when it comes to on line sales.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #87
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
The cost of designing a website and the cost of the domain name are independent. Even if Boris used a new name he would still have to design a new website, or at least parts of a new website, such as; changing the title, faqs, items for sale, etc. That said the underlying infrastructure could potentially remain the same, such as; the shopping cart and payment mechanism. But the fact that he is using the old domain name makes me wonder why bother redesigning the site at all? He should just remove the Spencer toon, update inventory/prices and FAQs and keep the rest intact. That is assuming Boris indeed sees value in the name "Ages 3 and Up"?

Here's a question for anyone in the area, does the space that Boris is renting from Urban Samurai contain the same items as sold in Urban Samurai, but with different prices than those of Urban Samurai
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 12-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #88
pud333
Animated

Quote:
It's pretty cheap to have a website. A couple years ago I had my own website for my writing that I published. It wasn't a blog or anything, but a real website I had a buddy of mine design. The only thing I paid for was the domain name and space which basically was super cheap.

I understand you were wronged by Spencer, but it still feels like a witch hunt to me. Like I said before, only money talks and how Boris runs his business over the next little while will dictate the new A3U's reputation.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #89
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
For those that believe that Boris is just a front for Spencer, I'm curious: Don't you think it would be easier for Spencer, if he did want to rip people off some more, to put "Boris" in charge of a new online store with a new name, as opposed to reviving A3U? After all that baggage, do you really think Spencer would bring back A3U? Doesn't make any sense. If I were looking to rip people off, I wouldn't revive a brand like A3U again. People would see it coming a mile away. I'm not looking to flame anyone here, I'm just wondering if hatred towards Spencer and A3U is preventing people from thinking rationally?

Thats saying that Spencer would be smart enough to think of that. and we all know thats not the case.

most of the people here wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Spencer if he was on fire.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 12-12-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #90
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
most of the people here wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Spencer if he was on fire.
All all the comments regarding A3U, this one probably rings truest.

Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup