Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #71
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Ages Three and Up Announcement: New Owner and Relaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
So... what, the employees suddenly don't matter? As long as the customers all get their money back everything is good? Seriously, this attitude pisses me off. What about the distributors? Business partners? Do TF fans not care who their money is going to as long as they get their toys at the cheapest price? What a disgusting attitude.
I think its worth pointing out as based on these threads and several of the extremely upset folks posting within them I assumed that Spencer had not given refunds to his customers.

Pascal never said everything was alright, you implied that was what he was saying.

I'm interested in hearing both sides of the story to get as accurate a feel for the situation as I can, so if the old A3U did get refunds to all of its customers that is a relevant bit of info.

The mere fact that Transformers(and toy lines in general) are constructed by underpaid workers(very likely almost slaves) in China, Malaysia, and goodness knows where else means we as collectors should be careful which high horse we climb upon.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #72
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Very well said, Rob. 8)

Old 12-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #73
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
So... what, the employees suddenly don't matter?
When did I say that? Never.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #74
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I think its worth pointing out as based on these threads and several of the extremely upset folks posting within them I assumed that Spencer had not given refunds to his customers.
Here's what I think:

1. Employees didn't get their last paycheck.
2. Some customers did get a refund (I've read about them).
3. Some customers did not get a refund (I've read about them, but that was well before A3U v1.0's story ended, so it's unclear if they eventually got a refund or not).
4. Some boardies who never had any money owed from A3U jumped in the hate bandwagon because it seemed like the right thing to do regardless of what was the real situation.
5. Some boardies who never had any money owed from A3U just don't care.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #75
MasterOfPuppets
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When did I say that? Never.
Your post came across a bit that way to me and I made an assumption. Jumped the gun a bit, my bad.

There are also distributors he owes thousands to and business partners that he ripped off and owes thousands to. He took full pre-order payments upfront, squandered the money and when it came time to pay up he had no money so there were huge delays with product and instead of admitting his own fuck-ups he claimed his Japanese distributors were ripping him off. There was also that ridiculous 15% restocking fee for an item that wasn't even there yet. And he didn't choose to end A3U, he had no choice. He had no money, the reputation of his online store was in the dirt and the mall had basically kicked him out.

I can forget the lost pay check; it's despicable but it's nothing compared to the thousands that he owes a good friend of mine and other awful things he has done that aren't even related to business. But the fact that he can just open up another toy store when he can't even pay these people back is just sickening. I also thought he had "lost interest" in the hobby. Guess not.

People can think I'm making all this up because I hold some sort of grudge or whatever. But I'm not. I'm speaking nothing but the truth. You'll just have to take my word for it the same way you'll have to take Boris' word that Spencer isn't running the new A3U behind the scenes. I speak the truth because I don't want to see people fueling his business because he'll just end up ripping someone else off in the end. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Boris, that's their choice to make. I'm just saying that I will not shop with the new A3U as long as they operate within the same store as Spencer and continue to be associated with him.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #76
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.

You know the internet is a great tool you get to find out all neat stuff on small businesses and who's in charge of them! The sightings of Spencer just show that nothing has changed congrats on all the BC people cheers to all of you.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #77
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
So just a side note Boris created the website and domain name for Spencer. They've been working together from the day him and Spencer hooked up to make A3U. Boris has been a member of A3U as long as Spencer has.
The website came well after the physical store opened as far as I know. Was Boris around when the store on Rupert first opened?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #78
Protoman
The Legend

Wish them the best of luck, the original had great prices.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #79
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post

You know the internet is a great tool you get to find out all neat stuff on small businesses and who's in charge of them! The sightings of Spencer just show that nothing has changed congrats on all the BC people cheers to all of you.
Care to cite your sources?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #80
C_Shewins
Robot Master

The thing is Spencer never learn, he doesn't know how to run a business. How long can a business last with him selling things that has low profit and along with his bad attitude/customer service? still remember he opened an account with the name"UpYourAstrotrain " in this forum, lol. That is his true face people. That guy is a fake. He never appreciate any of his supporters or customers.

Not to be personal and I am just telling the truth, but he has been a loser all along his whole life running business with no knowledge. He just keep on closing down and start over again. Many people has fallan into his traps and got scammed, his partners, customers and even employees now that I found out.

But wake up people, this is not Boris' store, but Spencers. Not to get too complicated, just don't support this store. I feel sorry for his new partners, but too bad. Now, he is just using his partners in the store to cover himself up. U will bump into Spencer's ugly face like I did or some people did if you are bad luck enough.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
Closed Thread

Tags
agesthreeandup