Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you going to get the H1N1 Vaccination?
Yes 13 20.00%
No 40 61.54%
I'm undecided. 12 18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #101
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise
Re: h1n1 vaccination mess in quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Did you know, constant sanitizing is actually very harmful to your hands, and can actually open up more ways for you to get infected with many various disease?

I say this, yet I am probaby more of a germ-a-phobe than you are! I got the lizzard hands to prove it! I guess I shouldn't be bragging about that eh? hehe
Actually, this is very true. A co-worker of mine actually died because of this. No joke. She contracted a flesh eating bacteria which the doctors blamed on her over sanitizing her hands and well water they used for their home. It started in the hands and within a few days had spread throughout her whole body. No one expected it, but she passed away within a week.

Horrible story, and has made me a sanitizer-a-phobe for life. Good old regular soap and water for me.

Last edited by tilallr1; 12-09-2009 at 10:20 AM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #102
prime13
mendōkusei...
Re: h1n1 vaccination mess in quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Actually, this is very true. A co-worker of mine actually died because of this. No joke. She contracted a flesh eating bacteria which the doctors blamed on her over sanitizing her hands and well water they used for their home. It started in the hands and within a few days had spread throughout her whole body. No one expected it, but she passed away within a week.

Horrible story, and has made me a sanitizer-a-phobe for life. Good old regular soap and water for me.
Wait till my class hears THIS!
prime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:27 AM   #103
C_Shewins
Robot Master
Re: H1N1 Vaccine?

If u have listened to the news..... I rather not, cuz u can die from the vaccine. Just wash your hands and keep yourself clean. If u have flu symptoms, go to the doctor immediately.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #104
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
If u have listened to the news..... I rather not, cuz u can die from the vaccine. Just wash your hands and keep yourself clean. If u have flu symptoms, go to the doctor immediately.
If you listened to the news, you'd know there's no risk of death in the vaccine that every other vaccine doesn't also have. That is, allergic reactions with people who shouldn't take it in the first place, and complications with an astronomically small chance of occurring.

And if you have flu symptoms, doctors are not encouraging you to see them, since then the hospitals would be jam packed with people who may not even have H1N1, but if they did, would be exposing others at the hospital to it. I was told by doctors when I had it that unless my fever became very serious or my symptoms persisted for over a week, that I should just stay home and rest.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #105
Pascal
Banned

Oddly enough, my cousin got the shot and her arm stayed paralyzed for a little more than a day, she had a migraine, swelling, etc. She's back to normal now though. I guess she was the oddball bad case.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #106
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
That is, allergic reactions with people who shouldn't take it in the first place, and complications with an astronomically small chance of occurring.
Astronomical?

Well, since I dream of being an astronaut in space 1 day, I better stay away from this vaccine then!!!!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #107
Phalanx
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Oddly enough, my cousin got the shot and her arm stayed paralyzed for a little more than a day, she had a migraine, swelling, etc. She's back to normal now though. I guess she was the oddball bad case.
Getting a shot is like getting punched in (or, more appropriately, inside) the arm - there's often some internal bruising and swelling (hence the pain for a couple of days afterward). Could have caused some pressure on a nerve, maybe? Dunno. Random guess.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #108
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Astronomical?

Well, since I dream of being an astronaut in space 1 day, I better stay away from this vaccine then!!!!
you know how like the nearest star is a hundred million km away from the earth? Your chances of dying from the vaccine are like saying you could walk that distance.

And yeah, my arm was a bit sore for a couple of days after getting the vaccine, but that's the only difference I can think of between the H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccines. I imagine that has something to do with the actual fluid the vaccine uses as a medium, rather than the vaccine itself.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote