Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #11
RedOktobre
Alternator
Re: The Cost of the Soundwave Reissue

Hey kidkid,
I didn't get Devastator because:
1. I felt he was too expensive
2. I'm not into "combiners"
3. He does not look like the original G1 Devastator
4. The set only contains 5 constructicons as opposed to the original 6
5. He looked like a "toy"

I saw 3 of them at Walmart in Seattle Premium Outlets on Saturday, April 28, 2007.

Good luck!

RedOktobre
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 AM   #12
RHansen

Hey guys, I talked with my Hasbro rep today concerning Reissue Soundwave. She had looked into the delays and where he is at the moment. I guess he had been slowed down due to unknown reasons in production (my guess is to make way for the initial waves of movie figures) and he is now currently on route from the factories where they are produced. They are most likely going to show up on the west coast first since thats where the boats dock, and make their way from there (its possible they will be sent right to the warehouses' in Toronto though first, but unlikely).
It will still be a number of weeks though, don't expect him until after the movie figures have hit unfortunately. She said with a sigh-filled laugh, that they are slow boats across the way.

As stated, the price will be $34.99 on him, exclusive to Toys 'R Us.

Last edited by RHansen; 05-03-2007 at 04:31 AM.
RHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #13
Socko76
Old Skool
Socko76's Ebay Auctions

I just ordered it online. 44.99 US. It was starting to annoy me...
Socko76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy
Smile Re: The Cost of the Soundwave Reissue

Wow, thanks RHansen I guess your Hasbro rep is as clueless as the ones in ONT, seeing that we live in Canada the problem with the soundwaves and the only problem with the soundwaves being sold in Canada was the packaging. (french/english) Just as most manufactures come from the states they just don't like selling in Canada, because of the language on packaging. Even though majority of toys are made in Asia.

I live in Ontario and the warehouse for TRU is in Concord (i think). I believe the GTA stores will be receiving the items first. However if not let your rep know that in Canada we speak two languages, which Hasbro is hesitant to accept, and like to delay with that reason.

StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #15
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHansen View Post
Hey guys, I talked with my Hasbro rep today concerning Reissue Soundwave. She had looked into the delays and where he is at the moment. I guess he had been slowed down due to unknown reasons in production (my guess is to make way for the initial waves of movie figures) and he is now currently on route from the factories where they are produced. They are most likely going to show up on the west coast first since thats where the boats dock, and make their way from there (its possible they will be sent right to the warehouses' in Toronto though first, but unlikely).
It will still be a number of weeks though, don't expect him until after the movie figures have hit unfortunately. She said with a sigh-filled laugh, that they are slow boats across the way.

As stated, the price will be $34.99 on him, exclusive to Toys 'R Us.
Thanks for the update RHanson. That matches the poster who said they saw a post about him in his TRU saying May/June. And to SWTF, what you are saying is sort of general and fuzzy (there was already a layover in him coming here, now there's been specific other delays), what RHanson is saying here is concise and specific.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #16
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Really Paradigm, well the only delay I ever heard was packaging rights, after that there was no delay other then maximize the sales and bring it out on June 2nd with the movie toys.

Why not capture the old fans hearts with a reissue soundwave and sell into another new breed of fans including children with the movie line. I know originally the reissue was supposed to be released practically December 06- to Feb 07 but good ole Hasbro (Canada) stopped that!

Unless someone can come up with a new reason why it was delayed? Let me know and let us all know. Unless I am totally wrong here? Other then that its all hearsay when it may actually show up.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #17
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

...well packaging could be the reason but it could be other things too. RHanson has provided us with detailed and concrete accounts of the first announcement of his retail availability in Canada and then of subsequent delays. For his claims like 'might show up on the West coast first' are substantiated with real information. Your account sounded like speculation, so I am more inclined to accept what he presents.
This statement:
"However if not let your rep know that in Canada we speak two languages, which Hasbro is hesitant to accept, and like to delay with that reason."

What does that really mean in the scope of SW's release and delays? There have been two delays since his original announcement of retail release in Canada (itself delayed from US release), the initial delay could be for producing multilanguage packaging but these subsequent ones?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #18
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

Sorry it took me so long to reply back I was at work all day, go figure..Thats super Paradigm only if we could all have an RHansen available to us.

Anyways I'm not too sure on what Star Wars lines your talking about so if you want to PM me or find a Star Wars board to ask these questions, I would be glad to help you out in why Hasbro didn't ship them quick enough for you and the rest of the country?

Secondly soundwave is $39.99 (TRU price) not $34.99. So I am not sure who to believe. If someone can let me know the actual price on them that would be great to. Canadian price pls.

Thanks guys hope to talk to you all soon.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

sorry I meant Soundwave by SW in the last paragraph there
Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #20
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Hi guys,
First off, thanks to RHansen for his feedback re: soundwave and the delays. Sounds like we're all hearing different things about when soundwave will be coming out, and we're all pretty sure our sources are the correct ones...

That's cool... but lets not bash other people if they believe their info is correct... if I wanted that, I'd go to some of the other tf boards...

Just to put my two cents in, I've also heard the same thing as starwarstf, that being that the
re-issue soundwave will be released June 2nd, and that this is to co-incide with the release of the movie toys. From a business perspective, that seems to make a lot of sense... to me anyway.

I don't really know the reason as to why to toy was delayed.

But I can't wait to get it!!
I love the fact that he'll hold two tapes!CJ
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote