Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #91
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Thread (Spoilers)

By the way, anyone know what the lil' green thing was that followed Megatron around? I was wondering if that was a nod to anything or they just felt like giving megatron a pet.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #92
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

I was wondering that too. At first I thought it was all that was left of the Fallen. That and the hatchling things in the desert seemed like an idea that wasn't fully fleshed out.

On an unrelated note, did anyone miss Fox? I thought Carly was pretty good, a definite step up from Mikeala. It just seemed that she and 'the beef' had better chemistry.

Last edited by alexsaurus_rex; 07-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.
alexsaurus_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #93
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

I believe his name is Igor.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #94
Nullray
IGC

I kinda got a feeling that Patrick Dempsey character was loosely based on the Dr Arkevile character from G1. That was kinda cool I thought. Megatron in Africa was a different concept. Elephants "All Hail Megatron!" telepathy. Wasn't expecting that. A lot of cool twists.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #95
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Read a 'review' yesterday where someone moaned on and on that the Autobots 'let Chicago get destroyed to show the humans'. Seeing as they had to drive from FL to IL, that's a long drive even for TFs. Even Sam and "Left Cheek" took a while to drive up there and pick-up their war buddies. Speaking of, was Fig on the team with Lennox? Thought he had a line of two...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #96
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

Did anyone think that for the last movie, DOTM sure didn't feel like things were wrapped up? I mean, what happened to Sam? Do they re-attach Prime's arm?

And something that my gf and I noticed. How come going through all that hell, Carly's hair never got messed up and she didn't have one bead of sweat?
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #97
Nullray
IGC

Carly all hot and sweaty... hmmm
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #98
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl View Post
Did anyone think that for the last movie, DOTM sure didn't feel like things were wrapped up? I mean, what happened to Sam? Do they re-attach Prime's arm?
Actually, I think they ran out of film. 2hrs 34 min run time just put too much stress on film stock resources. I think at the 2hr 35min mark that's when the real s#!t hit the fan, unicron shows up along with hotrod, kup, and some random sharkticon. but that had to be cut.

Quote:
And something that my gf and I noticed. How come going through all that hell, Carly's hair never got messed up and she didn't have one bead of sweat?
Girls don't sweat. That's icky and gross.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #99
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
On an unrelated note, did anyone miss Fox? I thought Carly was pretty good, a definite step up from Mikeala. It just seemed that she and 'the beef' had better chemistry.
Honestly, yeah. Both are attractive, and neither can act worth a damn, so it just really vexed me that a girl who went through hell with Sam, twice, would just say fuck it and break up with him. High school girlfriend or not, that was just lazy ass story telling. Carly did nothing for me, story-wise. Her background was just jumbled as all hell, and seeing as how the first two movies feautred love as a prominent point, it seemed pointless to even have it featured at all in this film. I would have rathered there be no female lead than just a cardboard replacement. Her only purpose was blackmail bait and apparently to call Megatron a bitch. Honestly, if Bay and Speilberg hated Fox so much but really needed someone's ass to focus the camera on every now and then, I would have been happier I think if they had just replaced the actress and recast Mikaela.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #100
transforminator
Destroyer

i really hated how after ironhide's death nobody gave a damn about it. I expected Optimus to arrive and bring up ironhide and mourn his death for even just a few seconds before going out to beat the shit out of (or talk to) sentinel prime. I mean in TFTM, even though his way of mourning a comrades death was still underwhelming, we did see him take a few seconds to mourn the death of Jazz.

Oh and did anyone notice that Carly's clothes kept changing during the final battle (blue dress at dylan's party, white dress while being kept hostage, then white jacket and pants near the end of it all)
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote