Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #31
Pascal
Banned
Re: New Bumblebee movie stuff up on TRU.ca

Some Leader class figures also have rubber parts (like Grimlock), so it's really nothing new at that size. Transformation is somewhere between Grimlock and Blackout in complexity, so it's just about right.

And is there really an Int'l version? I got a feeling they'll just slap a "I Speak English" sticker on it or something.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #32
ohnaji
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Some Leader class figures also have rubber parts (like Grimlock), so it's really nothing new at that size. Transformation is somewhere between Grimlock and Blackout in complexity, so it's just about right.

And is there really an Int'l version? I got a feeling they'll just slap a "I Speak English" sticker on it or something.

The rubber on Power Charge Bee is really flexible, which makes sense because if it was any harder it would definitely snap during transformation. I'd say the transformation is a bit lower than SS Grimlock. The chest and arms are super easy but the legs require finesse.

Here's a review of the Int'l version. It was released in the UK. The Box has three languages and no mention of any phrases written on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWB2s2IzR1Y
Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #33
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Not planning to get anything from the new movie either. But I do want one good representation of Bee in his new form, and if there are some really good figures, I may be temped, but nothing has impressed me so far. I'm going to be really nitpicky and a real cheapskate on this. Only buying if the price is right and bang for buck is good.

I'm not too impressed with the Studio series either. For me, it's not good bang for my buck. They look good, but when I take a really good look at the flaws and small sizes, and what I'm really getting, I'm like no thanks.

I did get a Grimlock, but it only cost me $35 when I caught it on sale and used the Hasbro coupon. Even then, I was humming and hawing. Could have gotten Blackout too at that price, but turned around and put it back on the shelf.
Those TRU Summer Hasbro coupons made my entire Studio Series collection, lol. Between those, and the Summer BOGO sales, I’m pretty sure the only figure I paid full price for was Blackout, who I just couldn’t wait for (Walmart got him first).

I’ve got Stinger, Ratchet, Jazz, Lockdown, OP, SS, Megatron, Brawl, Ironhide, Grimlock and Blackout, and really dig each of them. I’ll probably grab VW Bee from Studio, but given that he’s smaller than Jazz TRU better get some Winter Hasbro coupons in, lol.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:36 PM   #34
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Found the Legion BB wave today at WM. $9.97. Picked up VW Beetle BB. Are the other 4 figures new or repaints? They had Camaro BB, OP, Barricade and Hot Rod.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote